I walked into my local rogers store last night to see if they had a demo running. Nope. The girl had a dummy unit under the counter but she says they haven't even received a demo yet. I was kind of shocked because it's a rogers store. Apparently though it's an independent? And they had a dinky little display telling you to preorder. I should have snapped a pic of it.

I'm going to try back again today and see if the owner is there. I wonder if they didn't receive any preorders at all so she didn't think it was worth getting ready for launch? We are a smaller town and a lot of people go to Peterborough or Oshawa or Newmarket to do their shopping. Still, I'm disappointed. I wanted to be able to have a hands on with a demo unit without having to travel to Peterborough to do it.
    02-05-13 06:39 AM
    A Telus rep called me yesterday and told me I'm first one on the list? yay! will be pickin up a BlackBerry Z10 @ 10 =]
    02-05-13 06:43 AM
    A Telus rep called me yesterday and told me I'm first one on the list? yay! will be pickin up a BlackBerry Z10 @ 10 =]
    I believe the topic of the thread is to find out Where you are getting it

Mine is coming to KW from our corporate mobile provider (Global Wireless out of Etobikoke) so I am a their mercy. Hopefully it arrives at the office today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    02-05-13 08:19 AM
    Can anyone confirm news on Montreal? Every store called seemed to say they were only getting stock near the end of the week.
    02-05-13 08:23 AM
    Anyone gone to pick up their Z10 yet?

Any news on consumer reaction?
    02-05-13 08:27 AM
    Just picked up my new Z10 at the Rogers store (kiosk at the moment) in the Halifax Shopping Center. I think I very well may be the first in Halifax. Woo hoo! It's more beautiful than I imagined.
    dscsayers likes this.
    02-05-13 08:40 AM
    Anyone gone to pick up their Z10 yet?

Any news on consumer reaction?
    There has been 6 days of consumer reaction - where have you been?
    meganVee likes this.
    02-05-13 08:40 AM
    sitting outside in my car waiting for the freakin store to open. Damn it's cold out!
    02-05-13 08:42 AM
    There has been 6 days of consumer reaction - where have you been?
    Hahaha sorry - dumb way to phrase the question. What I actually meant was, are there any crazy blackberry fans waiting outside any Rogers stores?!
    02-05-13 08:44 AM
    just on Wellesley in toronto waiting outside
    02-05-13 08:56 AM
    I just went on a quick tims run from my office and drove by the rogers store at port union and kingston rd in scarborough. Looks like there was around 10 people waiting outside. I was gonna pop in quick and try out the demo but the doors were still locked.

Those are some hardcore crackberrians waiting in the cold!!!
    02-05-13 09:11 AM
    I am getting mine from Rogers Plus at Bathurst and Rutherford here in Richmond Hill... have to wait until after work as they didn't open early and I don't drive (just yet...)
    02-05-13 09:20 AM
    Been to 4 walmarts, 2 future shops, 1 best buy, and 1 rogers store... so far other than 1 walmart having some for Telus and 1 with some for bell (never ever ever go Bell)...no one has any.
    They never arrived and the managers are all trying to figure out if they were even shipped or are in transit somewhere. Hard to sell out if you never get the devices.
    One Future shop did have a demo model. 1 walmart had a dummy model. Other than that they are nowhere to be found.
    Does Blackberry really need to continue to irritate customers that waited soooo long?
    (Hamilton, Ontario)
    02-05-13 09:40 AM
    Tried to pick one up from Telus in Hamilton at Limeridge Mall and they wouldn't let me buy it out right because of limited supplies.
    02-05-13 09:45 AM
    Been to 4 walmarts, 2 future shops, 1 best buy, and 1 rogers store... so far other than 1 walmart having some for Telus and 1 with some for bell (never ever ever go Bell)...no one has any.
    They never arrived and the managers are all trying to figure out if they were even shipped or are in transit somewhere. Hard to sell out if you never get the devices.
    One Future shop did have a demo model. 1 walmart had a dummy model. Other than that they are nowhere to be found.
    Does Blackberry really need to continue to irritate customers that waited soooo long?
    (Hamilton, Ontario)
    Would you do me a favor and explain why never to go with Bell? I'm considering switching to them due to better plans than Sasktel and I crave any input on the matter.
    02-05-13 09:45 AM
    Went to Future Shop ... They had NO Z10 for Telus... They had them for Rogers and Bell but not Telus. Apparently they were expecting to get 10 in but they have not arrived yet and according to the ***** associate they could be here today or tomorrow... I think it pained him to answer a question in my opinion. I also stood around waiting to see if anyone would come over and ask if I needed any help and said Eff this and just went up to them... Clearly they are not interested in any commission today.
    So then I went to a Walmart where they were JUST (at 11am) putting up the dummy unit and signs.. WTF? Seriously? You knew well in advance and that could have been done much earlier then 11am... If it were an apple product it would have been done the night before...
    Went to Walmart number 2... They didn't have so much as a dummy unit and they also dod not have anyone at the mobile desk.. .WTF???? So all in all I did NOT get the phone... I am going to just order through Telus and wait a week... At least then I KNOW I will have it asap and wont have to deal with morons at the stores...
    02-05-13 02:02 PM
    I got mine from Koodo kiosk... Had 2 in stock, sold both at the same time to myself and another person.
    02-05-13 02:29 PM
    I just had visions of people walking around the food court 'I'm looking for the Lorax. Are you the Lorax?' Roflol. Sounds like a great plan. Enjoy your morning!
    Well, I put my Z10 box prominently on display, and set up with my Netbook and got online with my LTE Z10 and transferred my Torch 9810 data over without a hitch.

Stayed there from about 9:30 'til about 10:30 with my Starbucks snack, but there were mostly Ryerson students there, no one I could tell was rocking a new Z10, but then again, there was no queue at the Virgin Mobile store on Yonge, no one else came in until I was on my way out.

According to the reps at the store, they got 10 devices, but the kiosk in the Eaton Centre is busier.

So, if you're on Bell / Virgin and can't find a device, check the Virgin Mobile store on Yonge north of Dundas... the staff was very helpful.
    02-05-13 02:35 PM
    Bells new deal of unlimited canada wide calling plus 5 gigs of data sounds enticing to me, what's so wrong with Bell ?
    02-05-13 02:44 PM
    You need to call around before you head out. I am finding the same thing with Virgin Mobile Canada retail stores and corporate stores, some are saying it will be a week before they get anything from Virgin while others have very limited supply.
    02-05-13 02:47 PM
    I just got mine at a small independent Telus retailer in Halifax. Showed up mid afternoon and was the only one there, but by the time I left there was 4-5 people waiting in line who were looking to get one (I heard the sales rep asking them what he could help them with). The rep who was helping me said they had been busy all day, and had to already "slip out to get more supply".
    meganVee likes this.
    02-05-13 03:18 PM
    I believe the topic of the thread is to find out Where you are getting it

Mine is coming to KW from our corporate mobile provider (Global Wireless out of Etobikoke) so I am a their mercy. Hopefully it arrives at the office today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    lol just excited =]
    02-05-13 05:26 PM
    I picked mine up from a small Rogers store at Bathurst/Bloor in Toronto. They had 4 preorders and 4 units and sold out early. I pre-ordered so I got a call at 10am saying it was there for me. I didn't pick it up till 5:30 and it killed me all day to have to work and not play with my new toy. On the plus side while we were setting me up with the Z10 the phone rang a bunch and people were trying to hunt down units.
    02-05-13 06:31 PM
    So I am 1/2 way on my Bell Contract - I have a BB9900 ... do I have any viable options ?? Thanks
    I have 15 months left on my 3 year. Called bell and they said i qualified for partial upgrade. Have to pay $225 for upgrade or buy out contract for about $400. Told them i may pay out contract and go to another provider as my last 6 years of loyalty seemed to be going unnoticed. They gave me $200 credit. Sometimes helps just to talk with them.
    02-05-13 09:00 PM
    Thank you. It seems people do not read the UP TO part.. They just read the price off & that is all. Both the White & Black z10 is $10 off from the regular price as the regular price is $149.99. The small print does not even list the Z10 white for the $100 off

" Savings of up to $100 off purchase of select white devices only with new activation before Feb. 19/13 on any 3-yr talk, text and internet plan having min. $45 monthly service fee ($110 savings on Samsung Galaxy S III 32 GB; $75 savings on LG Optimus G; $60 savings on Samsung Galaxy S III 16 GB; $50 savings on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Nokia Lumia 920; and $49.98 savings on HTC One X. Nokia Lumia 920 only available from Rogers retail or dealer locations." I see it no where so yea.
    In the Metro paper though, it does include that its "$10 savings on Blackberry Z10". I don't have one that has it (it was in the metro last week)
    02-05-13 09:06 PM
154 ... 4567