I just came across this thread and I think everyone is getting side tracked by jmose's comment about his email not working rather than focusing on his point. All he is saying is that Verizon or BlackBerry (I'll explain later why BlackBerry really has nothing to do with the delay and release of 10.1) should have a time line for 10.1's release and let everyone know so that they are not just left hanging and groping for any information that they can possibly find on the Web. To give their paying customers the decency to be kept in the loop.

The reason it appears everyone is getting side tracked is because he mentioned a problem with his email.

Well I know that the thought of a BlackBerry not being able to email sounds preposterous, but he is not making it up. It is a reality. Maybe not your reality, but it is on his email and may others like him, myself included.

Now before you start accusing me of just being another Troll, hear me out.

I not only can't send emails but any attachments are unreadable. This is not a problem for most, but it is a "documented issue known to BlackBerry" which they have already addressed and is fixed in 10.1.

This issue is known to occur with certain Internet providers and BlackBerry 10.09xxx when you have a POP mail account. There are other issues as well that I don't have enough time to explain, but you can call BlackBerry and speak to their level 2 tech support as I have for days to get more details if you are interested. I have email accounts with Cablevision and these POP type accounts are not compatible with BlackBerry 10 prior to 10.1. There are about 5 other providers with this problem and BlackBerry 10.

Actually here is another post that I happened to do on a different thread that might enlighten you even more :

"Verizon is not waiting on BlackBerry, Verizon is waiting on itself.

BlackBerry 10.1 update was given to Verizon around a month ago as with several of the other carriers. Verizon was originally going to release it mid June but decided to "do more testing".

I know because I have been in contact with BlackBerry's level 2 tech support since last month because of some really bad problems I am having with my POP account with Cablevision and BlackBerry 10. Basically I can't send email as the copy is either corrupted or totally missing and any attachments cannot be opened. Which kinda sucks since email is a major reason I like BlackBerry in the first place.

Anyway, back to the 10.1. BlackBerry did their part, now Verizon needs to do theirs. Once BlackBerry gives the update to the provider, it's out of their hands.

Personally I don't see why they need so much testing of 10.1 with Version's network since it is already released and working on the Q10!"

So now maybe you can understand his frustration with no posted official time to get the update.

PS: Before I got all the information from BlackBerry on this, I actually lost the chance at a good position do to my responses to the requested phone interview never reaching the contact because I didn't know there was a problem, since the email goes out fine on the phone, but never reaches the party it was sent to. So you might also be frustrated with being in the dark if that happened to you.

Again no bashing BlackBerry, as it is Verizon that is the problem.
    Last edited by mzblues; 06-30-13 at 12:09 AM.
    06-29-13 11:52 PM
    I just came across this thread and I think everyone is getting side tracked by jmose's comment about his email not working rather than focusing on his point. All he is saying is that Verizon or BlackBerry (I'll explain later why BlackBerry really has nothing to do with the the delay and release of 10.1) should have a time line for 10.1's release and let everyone know so that they are just left hanging and groping for any information that they can possibly find on the Web. To give their paying customers the decency to be kept in the loop.

The reason it appears everyone is getting side tracked is because he mentioned a problem with his email.

Well I know that the thought of a BlackBerry not being able to email sounds preposterous, but he is not making it up. It is a reality. Maybe not your reality, but it is his email and may others like him, myself included.

Now before you start accusing me of just being another Troll, hear me out.

I not only can't send emails but any attachments are unreadable. This is not a problem for most, but it is a "documented issue known to BlackBerry which they have already addressed and is fixed in 10.1.

This issue is known to occur with certain Internet providers and BlackBerry 10.09xxx when you have a POP mail account. There are other issues that I don't have enough time to explain, but you can call BlackBerry and speak to their level 2 tech support as I have for days to get more details if you are interested. I have email accounts with Cablevision and these POP type accounts are not compatible with BlackBerry 10 prior to 10.1.

Actually here is another post that I happened to do on a different thread that might enlighten you even more :

"Verizon is not waiting on BlackBerry, Verizon is waiting on itself.

BlackBerry 10.1 update was given to Verizon around a month ago as with several of the other carriers. Verizon was originally going to release it mid June but decided to "do more testing".

I know because I have been in contact with BlackBerry's level 2 tech support since last month because of some really bad problems I am having with my POP account with Cablevision and BlackBerry 10. Basically I can't send email as the copy is either corrupted or totally missing and any attachments cannot be opened. Which kinda sucks since email is a major reason I like BlackBerry in the first place.

Anyway, back to the 10.1. BlackBerry did their part, now Verizon needs to do theirs. Once BlackBerry gives the update to the provider, it's out of their hands.

Personally I don't see why they need so much testing of 10.1 with Version's network since it is already released and working on the Q10!"
    We understand that there is frustration with Verizon. ATT as well. Heck, I'm in a country that sells the Z10 but will never release 10.1. But asking CB and BlackBerry to own up is ridiculous.
    But yes, Verizon should have released 10.1 a long time ago. Really, the best thing to do is load the leak. 2354 is official and stable

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:07 AM
    We understand that there is frustration with Verizon. ATT as well. Heck, I'm in a country that sells the Z10 but will never release 10.1. But asking CB and BlackBerry to own up is ridiculous.
    But yes, Verizon should have released 10.1 a long time ago. Really, the best thing to do is load the leak. 2354 is official and stable

Posted via CB10
    Only problem loading the leak to what I heard is that when the official release happens, the Z10 will have a problem updating to Version's 10.1 update.
    06-30-13 12:15 AM
    Only problem loading the leak to what I heard is that when the official release happens, the Z10 will have a problem updating to Version's 10.1 update.
    You can restore to factory or load a lower autoloader and update. But 2354 will be higher than what Verizon offers

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:23 AM
    You can restore to factory or load a lower autoloader and update. But 2354 will be higher than what Verizon offers

Posted via CB10
    O.K. Thanks. Good night.
    06-30-13 12:34 AM
    Thanks aft1991, my blues and others for better stating my issue, which is that we users didn't have to be left in the dark on when VZW would release 10.1. VZW, BlackBerry and Crackberry could have easily kept us informed of when to expect it, and even if it was delayed for more testing.

I was hoping my post would inspire them to improve the communication on releases, since a large number of us are just blindly banging away at the Check For Updates button.

Again, I'm a BlackBerry fan and I really want them to succeed.

Jim

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 03:08 PM
    Actually this is a problem. I had the same issue as I understand it from day 1. It related to the pop and smtp settings problem if your Internet provider differs from you carrier. I am sure more technical people can explain it. I can not email with a wifi connection. I have to turn off the wifi so it sends the email out on the cell network. This took 7 days to sort out and I only was provided this workaround. It will receive however. I have several unresolved problem tickets with this issue. My Internet is Telus my carrier is rogers. If anyone knows how to resolve please let me know. Telus fid a big upgrade on their email so maybe.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 03:35 PM
    Actually this is a problem. I had the same issue as I understand it from day 1. It related to the pop and smtp settings problem if your Internet provider differs from you carrier. I am sure more technical people can explain it. I can not email with a wifi connection. I have to turn off the wifi so it sends the email out on the cell network. This took 7 days to sort out and I only was provided this workaround. It will receive however. I have several unresolved problem tickets with this issue. My Internet is Telus my carrier is rogers. If anyone knows how to resolve please let me know. Telus fid a big upgrade on their email so maybe.

Posted via CB10
    Same thing with me, Rogers carrier, Cogeco internet at home. From what I understand, it is Cogeco's fault the way they are setup so everyone has the same issue, whether they have a z10, q10, iphone, or Droid. All have to use the workaround. While searching for the workaround, I found iOS forums talking about this same issue with Cogeco email smtp settings.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-30-13 04:08 PM
    Sorry for waking up this dead thread. But, I just updated to VZW's 10.1 and sent my first email from my phone!!!!!! Yay, BlackBerry and (finally) VZW!

Jim

Posted via CB10
    Carterbits likes this.
    07-26-13 04:34 PM
34 12