hi all .. just wonder if i can jailbreak my z10 so i can download apps for free ...
    08-31-13 05:36 AM
    No this is not an iPhone

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    08-31-13 05:38 AM
    Firstly. You do not "jailbreak" a blackberry that's iOS devices, rooting access or rooting as its know was possible on early versions of the playbook and that too was more for android abilities.

Secondly there are tons of free apps available from BlackBerry World and most apps from the Google Play store can be side loaded if you side load the unlocked runtime or use a debug token which has already been covered in depth in the forum.

Thirdly the "free" apps I think you are referring to constitutes piracy which violates this forums terms and conditions you accepted when you ticked the little box that says "I agree" when you registered your account.

Learn how go side load and Google "goodereader" for tons of free apps and games from the android universe.

Check out some of the great games on BlackBerry World such as a new fav of my EA real racing 3 :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 05:45 AM
    You can sideload any app.bar you can find and even convert app.apk to app.bar!

So from the possibility of getting non-store Apps - jailbreak isn't needed!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 05:45 AM
    all apps i sideloaded it wont work after ..then i always have to unistall them..i dont know why
    08-31-13 05:51 AM
    First you have to do something illegal and get arrested. Something serious. Then you go to jail. There you bribe the prison guards to let you keep the Z10 with you in the cell. Last part it's easy, you throw your Z10 as hard as you can into the wall and you break it. Voila

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 06:00 AM
    all apps i sideloaded it wont work after ..then i always have to unistall them..i dont know why
    Yes the android environment is far from perfect. I also have games and apps that I would really like to play that don't work as expected.

Btw what OS are you using. Are you also using the debug method or unlocked runtime?

I have founds that in terms of compatibility os10.1 with debug token coverted apps work (although not as fast as os10.2 but more compatible)

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 06:01 AM
    using 10.1.0.4181
    08-31-13 06:14 AM
    First you have to do something illegal and get arrested. Something serious. Then you go to jail. There you bribe the prison guards to let you keep the Z10 with you in the cell. Last part it's easy, you throw your Z10 as hard as you can into the wall and you break it. Voila

Posted via CB10
    LOL...

Posted via the awesome z10 using CB10
    08-31-13 06:17 AM
    Piracy? Ya well I paid for my pdf scanner but had to switch devices, can't even get a reply to get back the paid version. Did this developer commit piracy on me? I've paid for lots of apps that were junk or misrepresented, sure would have been nice to try em out first, then pay. I like my jail broken ipod just for that reason. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    ami.one likes this.
    08-31-13 08:11 AM
    hi all .. just wonder if i can jailbreak my z10 so i can download apps for free ...
    Yes you can. Let's us know when you figured it out.

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    08-31-13 09:15 AM
    Os 10.2 will android 4.2 app player I'm which hundreds of thousands of android apps will work.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 09:37 AM
    using 10.1.0.4181
    10.1 support apps compatible for Android 2.3.3 or earlier. Anything 2.3.4 and above will not work without 10.2.

If you use the debug token method, almost all Android 2.3.3 apps can be converted without problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 10:22 AM
    Piracy? Ya well I paid for my pdf scanner but had to switch devices, can't even get a reply to get back the paid version. Did this developer commit piracy on me? I've paid for lots of apps that were junk or misrepresented, sure would have been nice to try em out first, then pay. I like my jail broken ipod just for that reason. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    There is a free pdf scanner in BlackBerry World called "Camera Scanner for PDF". It is free and works great.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    08-31-13 10:27 AM
    I've paid for lots of apps that were junk or misrepresented, sure would have been nice to try em out first, then pay. I like my jail broken ipod just for that reason.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't sure what type of car to buy so i steal them and go on test drives.

Don't worry though, when I find one I like I I always go back and pay for it........

Posted on a Post-It!
    Last edited by Jsolts; 08-31-13 at 01:58 PM.
    08-31-13 12:29 PM
    LOL!!!

Keith H. Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 01:14 PM
    I wasn't sure what type of car to buy so i steal them and go on test drives.

Don't worry though, when I find one I like I I always go back and pay for it........

Posted on a Post-It!
    Well played, sir!

LOL

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 02:55 PM
    Wow...what are you 12? Run for the hills ma somebody had a legitimate question about jail breaking. Whole point of a forum is discussion. Finish your grade 10 and then lecture...hey maybe if we ask nice cydia will just down!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 04:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Seriously you have an issue with one app developer so that justifies piracy, did you read the reviews for the junk apps befor you spent the money or ask someone here about their experience?
    08-31-13 10:27 PM
    Wow...what are you 12? Run for the hills ma somebody had a legitimate question about jail breaking. Whole point of a forum is discussion. Finish your grade 10 and then lecture...hey maybe if we ask nice cydia will just down!

Posted via CB10
    Nothing legitimate about jail breaking, it's main purpose is piracy and you admitted you did it for that purpose. Try befor you buy through piracy.
    08-31-13 10:31 PM
    Nothing legitimate about jail breaking, it's main purpose is piracy and you admitted you did it for that purpose. Try befor you buy through piracy.
    And there is even less that's legitimate in asking about jailbreaking on a BLACKBERRY forum. That's just plain STUPID. You know who says "there is no such thing as a stupid question"?? STUPID PEOPLE. That's who says it.
    saint613 likes this.
    08-31-13 11:12 PM
    Cydia is only for piracy??? Well I don't need to say another word..haha so is rooting a DROID, so is modifying your car. Get a life

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 11:16 PM
    Rooting an android has nothing to do with piracy. And I'm not quite sure how modifying your car gives you access to stolen software either, but I'd love to hear it.
    Acidwire likes this.
    08-31-13 11:34 PM
    Cydia is only for piracy??? Well I don't need to say another word..haha so is rooting a DROID, so is modifying your car. Get a life

"So is modifying your car"

Posted via CB10
    If you are modifying your car with parts that you built from ideas you stole from someone else.

Then you would be correct.

That is piracy.

Posted on a Post-It!
    08-31-13 11:47 PM
    Firstly. You do not "jailbreak" a blackberry that's iOS devices, rooting access or rooting as its know was possible on early versions of the playbook and that too was more for android abilities.

Secondly there are tons of free apps available from BlackBerry World and most apps from the Google Play store can be side loaded if you side load the unlocked runtime or use a debug token which has already been covered in depth in the forum.

Thirdly the "free" apps I think you are referring to constitutes piracy which violates this forums terms and conditions you accepted when you ticked the little box that says "I agree" when you registered your account.

Learn how go side load and Google "goodereader" for tons of free apps and games from the android universe.

Check out some of the great games on BlackBerry World such as a new fav of my EA real racing 3 :-)

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if it's comical or sad that the OP blatantly told us he wanted to "jailbreak" with the intention of commiting a crime. X_X

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.2.0.1371
    09-01-13 01:04 AM
49 12