Hi to Everyone,

I am Norbert,

I have ordered Blackberry Z10.
    I hope 'll buy in this weekend.

When i searched about this phone, i got only some issues about the users, But everyone is posted on July of 2013 or dece of 2013 only.,

In Nowadays blackberry has released a latest version of BBOS.

Is anyone facing the problem currently (June 2014)
    I think its the best phone on this price..

Please Guide me About this phone..

Thanks and regards
    Norbert

Jaga Jun likes this.
    06-04-14 07:38 AM
    It is a great phone!
    There are a few minor issues, such as blown speakers; happens to a select few units.

As for software, BB10 has come along nicely, with most bugs being sorted out by now. A few still remain, but should be addressed over the next couple of updates, as well as many new features.

One thing to be aware of, is a rather poor battery life. You will want to make use of the many battery saving tips that you can find around here, and get your hands on a spare battery.

Oh, and welcome!
    norbertBB likes this.
    06-04-14 07:44 AM
    Hi Norbert!
    Welcome to CrackBerry! I have a Z30 and a Z10. If I can answer some questions for you, I would be happy to do that!
    norbertBB likes this.
    06-04-14 07:46 AM
    I can speak for most Z10 users when I say that we should give you a heads up on a terrible battery life.

I highly recommend you to carry around a spare battery, a portable powerbank, or purchase and extended battery if you want your device to last you long enough for the day or at least until you get to a charging station maybe at work or school or something.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    Last edited by Czeckmate; 06-04-14 at 08:56 AM.
    norbertBB likes this.
    06-04-14 07:49 AM
    Battery life wasn't an issue for me, I have no idea why as so many people complained about it here, but I did own a spare battery and portable charger as I travel a lot and am very often in places for extended periods of time with no ability to charge. Highly recommended even if you battery performs to your expectations.

That being said, Welcome to the forums, Norbert!
    Breezygirl8 and norbertBB like this.
    06-04-14 08:04 AM
    The Z10 is a beautiful phone. I'm sure it will be supported for a couple more years considering it the most common BlackBerry 10 device. Also you can get one relatively cheap most new go for less than 199$.
    Probably the only issue you are going to run into is poor battery life but picking up a second battery easily fixes that.
    Canada Channel C00123A4A
    norbertBB likes this.
    06-04-14 08:09 AM
    I have a Z10 (and just ordered a Q10) and I love it. It's the best phone I have ever used (and looking forward to the Q10 to come in the mail)...I have no problems with battery life but I am typically next to a computer with USB or a wall outlet alot. I've had my phone since Sept of last year and for the first time since then, I accidentally let the battery run out ONCE last night.....
    norbertBB and Cee134 like this.
    06-04-14 08:36 AM
    I can speak for all Z10 users when I say that we should give you a heads up on a terrible battery life.

I highly recommend you to carry around a spare battery, a portable powerbank, or purchase and extended battery if you want your device to last you long enough for the day or at least until you get to a charging station maybe at work or school or something.

No, you can't speak for ALL Z10 users on battery life. My battery like many others works fine and lasts a full day. Do some more research before speaking for everyone thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 08:36 AM
    No, you can't speak for ALL Z10 users on battery life. My battery like many others works fine and lasts a full day. Do some more research before speaking for everyone thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Your phone last a full day? A z10? Odd because even the professional specs says 6-8 hrs. I had 3 z10 so I should know. From my perspective I completely agree with her the battery is crappy to say the least. Even my iPhone 4 outlast it come to think of it even my torches and curves outlast it.

Send from the amazing powers of the? ? Z30
    JamBueree likes this.
    06-04-14 08:45 AM
    Battery life wasn't an issue for me, I have no idea why as so many people complained about it here, but I did own a spare battery and portable charger as I travel a lot and am very often in places for extended periods of time with no ability to charge. Highly recommended even if you battery performs to your expectations.

That being said, Welcome to the forums, Norbert!
    Battery life depends on where you are...
    On holiday in Germany it as great - everyday in the UK? Not so good....
    Don't ask me what the infrastructure problem in the UK is....

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 08:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    No need to give such a harsh comment. If you check the Z10 threads, I'm pretty sure that it shows that majority of us Z10 users understand that the Z10's battery is below average.

Your Z10 has good battery life? That's great. I'm sure majority of us are required to hold a spare battery or charger around.

norbertBB likes this.
    06-04-14 08:46 AM
    I can speak for all Z10 users when I say that we should give you a heads up on a terrible battery life.

I disagree. Not also praising the battery of the Z10 but if you control the usage, you could have 30%+ of battery juice by the end of the day.

Here are some tips: use 2G network if you are not in big need for 3G or 4G, switch off GPS when you are not using it, don't keep WiFi always on, switch off data when you don't need it, turn off swipe to wake and use the power button instead, turn off send diagnostics and usage data.

All these factors if managed well could give you a better battery experience

Posted via CB10
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    06-04-14 08:52 AM
    Can i buy Blackberry Z10?-img_20140604_194507.png

My phone gives me a decent backup though.... I'm always on 3G at work and wifi at home. I'm happy

Posted via CB10
    norbertBB likes this.
    06-04-14 09:17 AM
    Hi Norbert!
    Welcome to CrackBerry! I have a Z30 and a Z10. If I can answer some questions for you, I would be happy to do that!
    2B9DB807 can you invite me to your bbm? Maybe you can help me when in need.

White z10 user.
    norbertBB likes this.
    06-04-14 10:17 AM
    No need to give such a harsh comment. If you check the Z10 threads, I'm pretty sure that it shows that majority of us Z10 users understand that the Z10's battery is below average.

Your Z10 has good battery life? That's great. I'm sure majority of us are required to hold a spare battery or charger around.

Probably not my place to stick my nose in here, but we have to remember that the forums are a unique place not often visited by the average consumer. You are very correct to point out that a large number of people have posted about battery problems here, so there is indeed a concern about battery life that is quite clearly indicated. But to say a "majority of users" have battery problems ignores the fact that there are quite likely many many more folks out there who do just fine with their battery and don't bother coming in here to say their battery is fine.

So I'd say my impression is the people who are here on the forums are tech lovers and are probably use their devices more often and for more things than a casual user . . so again, its apparent the battery is probably insufficient for many, but its hard to say one speaks for everyone since battery usage depends on so many factors.
    tdaye and norbertBB like this.
    06-04-14 10:27 AM
    Your phone last a full day? A z10? Odd because even the professional specs says 6-8 hrs. I had 3 z10 so I should know. From my perspective I completely agree with her the battery is crappy to say the least. Even my iPhone 4 outlast it come to think of it even my torches and curves outlast it.

Yes, yes it does. Look around Crackberry and you will see plenty of people who are also happy with their battery. My iPhone 4 battery didn't even come close to out lasting my Z10.
    The post above mine says it perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 01:54 PM
    The Z10 is a great decide at its price now. Specs are of no issue as the device runs well regardless, the battery life varies. Myself I live in an area with poor signal and picked up the 4500 mAh extended battery. Which has around 50% left by the end of my day at work. I swap to the stock battery after. The hub is without a doubt the best feature I've ever had in a phone. And it's why I came back from android/ios

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10 using the CB10 app
    06-05-14 02:49 PM
    Hi,

I have a z10 too and never had any problems with battery life. I onlly charge my after 10pm and normally Have 20 - 30 percent. My typical day used would be facebook, bbm, a few phone calls Doc to Go xls editting, some 20 min. Temple oz, stock app and browser. I had a charge combo myself and never charge it before. I am extremely happy with My z10, i upgraded from 9810 and miss the keyboard a bit, yeah my 9810 still work fine, it just i didn't Take good care of it so just had scratches and bruises, hope. More of new owners Love the z10 as well.

Thanks guys
    06-05-14 05:34 PM

6 to 8 hours of continuous use. With the recent OS, the idle power consumption is amost zero, well at least for me, so if you put your phone down 50% of the time (ie. you have a job ) then you should last 12-16 hours. I easily get a days use - off the charger at 5:30am, back on around 11pm. I don't have any face thingy accounts, just several email accounts (on push). Maybe someone who is constantly on their phone (in what I call laptop mode - always on), yep 6-8 hours only. Pretty much consistent with the competition.

Maybe its just that the phone is so good, people can't put it down
    06-05-14 05:42 PM
    The Z10 is a great phone. But you will have to hug the wall or carry extra batteries if you want to use the phone and not have to worry about it. Maybe you can get more than 4 hours out of it if you cripple your phone. But to me it's way better to just plug in whenever possible and carry extra batteries.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    06-05-14 06:17 PM
    Good phone

Just low speaker
    And a pretty bad battery life

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 06:28 PM
    It's a great buy. I did buy two z10 black and white. Battery life not bad cause it gives me 4hrs of talktime on Skype in 3g.

Posted via CB10
    norbertBB likes this.
    06-05-14 07:02 PM
    Battery life is relative on how you use it. If you're on your phone regularly - texting/messaging, browsing, social media - you will kill your battery quickly.

If you're a moderate user, you will probably get through the day.

These screens are what kill the batteries - unless you have out of control PIM settings.

To the OP, Enjoy your new Z10!

emPowered by ?
    06-05-14 09:42 PM
    I have two batteries, they're cheap anyways and come with a charger for $30 Canadian. Turn brightness down to half and you'll get a few more hours out of your phone. I'm a Power user and 2 batteries gets me a day. Unless I'm on Reddit then it's about 2hrs
    06-05-14 11:00 PM
    Wow!!!!!!!!! So fast.....
    06-06-14 08:40 AM