I may not understand bedside mode on the Z10, which I got 2 days ago.

It seems the Z10 goes into bedside mode automatically when the charger is attached and the BB is idle.

Does that mean I can't get phone calls at night in bedside mode while it's charging?

If so, can I disable bedside mode?
    04-08-13 04:28 PM
    Bedside mode should't activate itself on charger, at least my Z10 just shows a little tab on top of the locscreen hinting that you can pull down to activate Bedside Mode, but it doesn't activate automatically.

To enable phone calls in bedside mode open Clock, swipe down to access settings and then check "Phone calls during bedside mode"
    KenV54 likes this.
    04-08-13 04:36 PM
    I may not understand bedside mode on the Z10, which I got 2 days ago.

It seems the Z10 goes into bedside mode automatically when the charger is attached and the BB is idle.

Does that mean I can't get phone calls at night in bedside mode while it's charging?

If so, can I disable bedside mode?
    Ur incorrect friend

Bedside mode activates when you pull down from the lock screen, when you plug in the charger there is a little tab at the top of the lock screen with a bed and a moon, and if u pull down you get a red clock which is bedside mode, in that mode all notifications are disabled and if u set it correctly from the settings u will receive phone calls. U can do the same when the charger is plugged, just know that if you don't see the clock the phone isn't on bedside mode

Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    KenV54 likes this.
    04-08-13 04:37 PM
    Thanks to both of the above posters--answered the question and solved the problem.

By the way, have either of you figured out a workaround to the loss of custom profiles that existed on the Torch and older BBs? I can't do more than minimal customization, and we've lost the ability to get say, sound on one email account and not on another. I know I can customize each contact, but that doesn't help much.
    04-08-13 04:48 PM
    I guess we'll just have to wait till BlackBerry adds the lost profile settings in an update...
    04-09-13 10:25 AM
    Thank you .... I have been wondering about this one also. But, above you mentioned "if u set it correctly from the settings" - where are the settings? Many Thanks - LJ
    04-10-13 09:16 PM
    Open the clock app. Swipe down to reveal "clock settings". Toggle phone calls in bedside mode on/off.
    04-10-13 09:22 PM