• 1 Post By bibochas
  • 4 Post By GTiLeo
  • 1 Post By Guignards
  • 1 Post By howarmat
  • 1 Post By SuperionMaximus
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can BB10 match The IPhone 5?

There are numerous post about BB10 but I haven't seen any saying about flash or the common apps that makes the IPhone 5 so popular.
    I am willing to wait for the BB10 but I wonder if it will be worthy. My wife got her upgrade yesterday and she got the IPhone 5 and it works
    really smooth. Basic apps that everyone uses such as Skype, Netflix, iHeart radio, Tune in radio, Pandora are there.
    Does anybody know about BB10 having some of those apps? Otherwise really I don't see the point in all this waiting for what?
    With Android phones you can watch tv anywhere at any time, will BB10 have this feature?
    If some of the apps or features that anyone can use with the other phones are missing then BB10 will be a disappointment.
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Re: Can BB10 match The IPhone 5?

then don't wait, get an iphone5 and when it gives you problems sell it and buy a BB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

Do a search for BB10 demo videos on CrackBerry, if you're not convinced and you think a couple of apps might get in the way of all that awesomeness, then for you there really is no point waiting.
    Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.
    C. S. Lewis (Mat 6:33)
    CrackBerry Abuser

I think that with a lot of new phones coming out with nfc, bb10 will be better then iphone 5 in that way alone. I don't think bb would over look integrating the most commonly used apps in current bb's to the new bb10, but I'm willing to wait.
    bungaboy likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I am a BlackBerry fan no doubt about it but, but I don't see Mike or some of the big shots from BB mention something about all this. The videos only show the integration of social networks or the camera nothing about video chat, tv, streaming or radios.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bibochas View Post
    I am a BlackBerry fan no doubt about it but, but I don't see Mike or some of the big shots from BB mention something about all this. The videos only show the integration of social networks or the camera nothing about video chat, tv, streaming or radios.
    mike l is gone sir, he only sits on the board of directors, Thorsen Heins took over the reins when him and jim stepped down as co CEOs. the Developer relations team is working hard to get us big name apps for launch and they might already have them they just don't want to reveal to much about any aspect of their OS before its time as every time they do developers decide to creat apps that will allow this on other platforms as well as Nokia bought Scalado when RIM showed the camera function at BBworld in may, we will just have to wait and see, its only a matter of time now.

the iPhone with no NFC is a big turn off now as mroe and more banks are working with carriers to do NFC payments CIBC and Rogers already teamed up to do this

Global Posts
    23,375 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

I think for some people it will match and exceed. But for others it will not even come close. Its the same as OS 7 is now. For some it works better than iOS.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Please accept my apologies I meant Kevin(CB), he has shown a lot of stuff but nothing about the above mentioned, video chats, tv, radio, streaming, or services such as Viber or the most popular games.
    CrackBerry Genius

kevin has nothing to show besides whats offered on the Dev alpha, which is nowhere near the final product
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    PIN

My upgrade isn't due until end of June of 2013, so my question is will BB 10 be in the same spec range and able to match up with iPhone 6 (or 5S) when Apple releases it in the fall?
    CrackBerry Abuser

It is your call if you want to wait or not.

Like others have said, RIM is keeping many secrets about the new OS and they have said so on every possible occasion. Your wife or girlfriend hates it when you pop to soon an leave her hanging, and the general public would feel the exact same way about BB 10 if they revealed everything now and then left us hanging for 5 months waiting. So, either believe that RIM has more then they have thus shown off in store for BB 10 when it debuts, or jump ship to the platform you know will work for you today.

No one can tell you different. At this point you just need to either have faith or show your dissatisfaction with waiting buy giving your business to some one else.
    Masahiro likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,246 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leftypepper716 View Post
    My upgrade isn't due until end of June of 2013, so my question is will BB 10 be in the same spec range and able to match up with iPhone 6 (or 5S) when Apple releases it in the fall?
    By the end of 2012, it is rumored that they will be releasing the "Aristo" which has some pretty damn good specs. If your upgrade isn't due until June, then you might start seeing some leaks/rumors of the new phone, and the specs will more than anything be in competition with the other phones out there (and the iPhone 5S.. You know they don't jump up numbers, it wont be the 6 :P) But here is a leaked slide of the prospected components, will it hold? who knows.. Will it be better than that? who knows.. Will they even come out with this phone? who knows... But I would not worry so much about the specs anyways, BB10 manages resources so much better than Android and iPhone does, so it's not all about the specs race when it comes to the BB10 OS. But here is the article that has the leaked rumor specs of the Aristo:

BlackBerry 10 Aristo spec sheet appears, calls for Quad-Core Krait | CrackBerry.com
    Hi, I'm Alex Bass - Website Designer, App Developer & Owner of CyberBytes Inc.
    I made the BFB Certified App Web Design Cheat Sheet using Native Cascades. The App is Free - More Info About WDCS
    ___

Web Design/Development Channel - C000BEB17 | WDCS App Channel - C000BEB17 (Sneak Peeks, Leaks, and More)
    Personal Twitter - @Flip4Bytes | Company Twitter - @CyberBytesInc
    CrackBerry Abuser

With the recent release of WP8 and the upcoming BB10 device, Iphone 6 will be playing catchup, (NFC, HDMI out etc.) plus they no longer have steve jobs.
    Apple wasn't all that revolutionary before Steve and they will go right back to their ways now that Steve is gone.

Im not trying to be bitter towards Apple or the Iphone, but it is true. I would love to see Apple come out with something in the fall of 2013 or even in 2014 that will change the game again. But I also think its time another Manufacture took over that race, and with the way Samsung SGS line is going, they might be the new "strive to be" device and apple will slowly fall out of the lead.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    PIN
    3-2-Frank-Charles-David-Boy-Edward-0

I've read reviews of some folks having drop calls issues (not because of the network). I would go iPhone 4S, Droid or stick with the latest Torch or Bold until BB10 comes.
    I'll never go back to Windows Mobile, would love to go back to Palm OS (because it always worked), never got a chance to love or hate Web OS; all I want is a device that works when I need it, a battery that last for 24 hours, and doesn't cost as much as a laptop.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K Ink Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SuperionMaximus View Post
    It is your call if you want to wait or not.

Your wife or girlfriend hates it when you pop to soon an leave her hanging,
    I'm laughing so hard on this.. my stomach's aching...
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

-- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare21 View Post
    I'm laughing so hard on this.. my stomach's aching...
    It was the best analogy I could come up with to illustrate the point that if RIM popped their load and told us everything there is to know about BB 10 now, we'd all feel like we were left hanging with nothing but a tease because we can't buy it now.