OK, if this is a thread anywhere else for the Z10, please let me know and I'll check there. (I already searched but couldn't find anything similar)

When I try to edit a contact, I can assign a specific tone to a phone call or a "message", but there is no option to assign a specific tone to a "text". I even tried "adding a field", but there is no "text" field to add to an individual contact. So how do I do this? I saw this has been a problem since 2010 with the old Torch, but did not expect it for the Z10. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ben
    08-05-13 07:37 PM
    Sorry you can't...yet. Maybe in future updates. Email Blackberry Development Team directly at: <[email protected]> and <[email protected]> to request something. It may help. I'm beta testing some stuff for Blackberry...
    OK, if this is a thread anywhere else for the Z10, please let me know and I'll check there. (I already searched but couldn't find anything similar)

When I try to edit a contact, I can assign a specific tone to a phone call or a "message", but there is no option to assign a specific tone to a "text". I even tried "adding a field", but there is no "text" field to add to an individual contact. So how do I do this? I saw this has been a problem since 2010 with the old Torch, but did not expect it for the Z10. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ben
    08-05-13 07:56 PM
    OK, thanks. I've just sent them a message and let's see what they tell me. It seems like such a minor thing - if you already can attach a tone to a call or an e-mail, why wouldn't you be able to attach a tone to a text message? Makes no sense... Thanks again!
    Sorry you can't...yet. Maybe in future updates. Email Blackberry Development Team directly at: <[email protected]> and <[email protected]> to request something. It may help. I'm beta testing some stuff for Blackberry...
    08-06-13 08:39 AM