Some people don't want the camera sound because it's annoying and sometimes they want to take a picture without making a scene
    Others want the sound to be even louder because they're afraid that some creep is going to take pictures of them -.-!

Ok so does anyone remember old nokia phones?
    Nokia N90?
    I don't know if nokia still do this but here's what i remember from the N90
    Every time you take a picture a red led light flashes
    It's not annoying, it won't ruin the picture's quality.. it's just a simple small led light that people will notice and know that you're taking pictures.
    BlackBerry should do that with any new upcoming phones

Neither creeps nor paranoid people will complain.

Edit: i didn't know that this would cause an argument -.-
    So here's a picture of my cat :3

Attachment 149045
    Attachment 149046

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M Ress; 04-07-13 at 07:32 PM.
    04-07-13 05:26 PM
    This is funny

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    04-07-13 05:38 PM
    While I wouldn't mind this too much (unless it's bright enough to annoy people sitting near me at the library), it's still annoying that we have to even compromise at all when 90+% of other phones on the market AND tons of apps in BB's own app store offer the full functionality.

P.S. You shouldn't have started this thread. People are going to come in complaining that the shutter sound is a must (is there a shutter sound fetish or something?) and that BB should not give us the option of taking it off. They will insult everybody in here, and the mods will not utter a word until people start defending their opinion to want the option to turn the shutter sound off, at which point, they'll close the thread altogether.
    04-07-13 05:42 PM
    While I wouldn't mind this too much (unless it's bright enough to annoy people sitting near me at the library), it's still annoying that we have to even compromise at all when 90+% of other phones on the market AND tons of apps in BB's own app store offer the full functionality.

P.S. You shouldn't have started this thread. People are going to come in complaining that the shutter sound is a must (is there a shutter sound fetish or something?) and that BB should not give us the option of taking it off. They will insult everybody in here, and the mods will not utter a word until people start defending their opinion to want the option to turn the shutter sound off, at which point, they'll close the thread altogether.
    I just wanted to give a solution that would please both sides

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:04 PM
    *dives into a bunker*
    04-07-13 06:07 PM
    I'd prefer a quick police siren to go off instead. Of course with the option to toggle siren or the extra loud shutter sound.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    04-07-13 06:13 PM
    I'd prefer a quick police siren to go off instead. Of course with the option to toggle siren or the extra loud shutter sound.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    LOL

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    ihys likes this.
    04-07-13 06:14 PM
    Oh not again!!!! I'm sure there will be a user that will try to antagonize a bunch of people in here and just indirectly insult them....
    04-07-13 06:20 PM
    Yeah if a prof throws up an extra lecture slide and i whip out my phone to take a pic of it they're going to love a red light in their face

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:23 PM
    Oh not again!!!! I'm sure there will be a user that will try to antagonize a bunch of people in here and just indirectly insult them....
    I'm sure you were meaning those ppl who accused those ppl who wanted the option for silent shutter and pretty much called them pervs and don't know why they needed that eh

Posted via CB10
    HedoBum likes this.
    04-07-13 06:28 PM
    I'm sure you were meaning those ppl who accused those ppl who wanted the option for silent shutter and pretty much called them pervs and don't know why they needed that eh
    ^ This!
    04-07-13 06:41 PM
    I question why these threads keep appearing as they are offering nothing new to the debate on shutter noise.

BlackBerry have expressed their reasons why it's there either accept it, or take your issue up with them, continuing to bring up this contentious point on here is only leading to arguments that get deleted.

Either move on, or change your handset.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not here to complain about the shutter sound or demand a louder one -_-
    I came here to suggest a solution.
    Cut it off guys

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-07-13 06:43 PM
    I question why these threads keep appearing as they are offering nothing new to the debate on shutter noise.
    Before posting this, did you think that maybe (just maybe) it had even a little to do with the fact that every single thread that has to do with the camera shutter sound has been closed due to trolling ("opposition") from those with a shutter sound fetish and a habit of calling anyone else who doesn't share their deviance a "creep"?

I'm not here to complain about the shutter sound or demand a louder one -_-
    I came here to suggest a solution.
    Cut it off guys
    He wasn't replying to you. He was replying to the previous poster that has a passionate hatred for anyone that dislikes shutter sounds.
    HedoBum likes this.
    04-07-13 06:45 PM
    Before posting this, did you think that maybe (just maybe) it had even a little to do with the fact that every single thread that has to do with the camera shutter sound has been closed due to trolling ("opposition") from those with a shutter sound fetish and a habit of calling anyone else who doesn't share their deviance a "creep"?

He wasn't replying to you. He was replying to the previous poster that has a passionate hatred for anyone that dislikes shutter sounds.
    I know he wasn't replying to me.. i was pointing out that they don't have to take sides.. a solution for both

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:50 PM
    I know he wasn't replying to me.. i was pointing out that they don't have to take sides.. a solution for both
    I appreciate your neutrality, but it's still technically a compromise; one that users of competing platforms (and even those who use 3rd party camera apps) simply don't have to make. If every other smartphone had a shutter sound, believe me, we wouldn't be complaining as much, but this issue is unique to BB.
    04-07-13 06:54 PM

BlackBerry have expressed their reasons why it's there either accept it, or take your issue up with them, continuing to bring up this contentious point on here is only leading to arguments that get deleted.

Either move on, or change your handset.

Posted via CB10
    I better ask this before this thread disappears like the rest, but I have not seen any official response from BlackBerry. Where did "BlackBerry" express their reasons for forcing the shutter sound on people?
    dragon1234 likes this.
    04-07-13 06:59 PM
    I better ask this before this thread disappears like the rest, but I have not seen any official response from BlackBerry. Where did "BlackBerry" express their reasons for forcing the shutter sound on people?
    Exactly. They didn't. Yes, they did technically say that they're looking into it, but that doesn't constitute an official response, because it was only tweeted by an employee. As for reasoning, the closest thing to reasoning provided was that people wanting the shutter sound off are "creepy," which's incredibly disrespectful and shortsighted, but apparently, that's OK.
    raysgrumpy likes this.
    04-07-13 07:06 PM
    Just a sec guys, I want to get a stop watch to see how long it takes a Moderator to close this one- be right back!

Oh, how many others want some popcorn while I'm up?
    04-07-13 07:11 PM
    Just a sec guys, I want to get a stop watch to see how long it takes a Moderator to close this one- be right back!
    Too late!

Edit: I jumped the gun, the post went through. I was expecting the thread to have been closed already
    04-07-13 07:12 PM
    Here is where our govt is trying to fix it.
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr414/text

Didn't have time to see what happened to it.

Via Z
    04-07-13 07:15 PM
    That never went into law. It was voted down in 2009, and that was the end of that.
    04-07-13 07:16 PM
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm butter and salt!
    04-07-13 07:19 PM
    I hope i didn't unleash a monster

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:20 PM
    What's wrong with having options? Why does blackberry care who does what?

Put a option there and let those who want it off turn it off and those who want it on turn it on. There are much more serious crimes happening. It's not like you are going to ca the cops if someone snags a photo off you. I agree it's wrong but a shutter noise isn't going to stop anyone.

Posted via CB10
    millwright40 and ihys like this.
    04-07-13 07:22 PM
86 123 ...