Greetings, I have been digging through this phone like crazy, but I'm yet to find how to rule out the camera from the orientation lock feature. Is there?
    03-12-13 07:26 PM
    I don't understand what you're asking for?

It's a camera lens.

Posted via CB10
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    03-12-13 07:32 PM
    I don't understand what you're asking for?

It's a camera lens.

Posted via CB10
    The OP seems to want to use orientation lock, but have the camera not in orientation lock.

well, I think..............
    03-12-13 07:34 PM
    The question doesn't make sense.
    Rotation lock does work (on or off) with the camera app orientation...but the actual image of what you want to take picture of is from camera itself...oriented with lens position.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 07:39 PM
    So a rotation-lock setting per app?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 07:41 PM
    Hmmm so orientation lock would be on but the camera app would be exempt or excluded?...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-12-13 07:44 PM
    Turn off your rotation lock for the phone. Unfortunately it locks the camera and video camera vertically regardless of the phone orientation when taking pictures or video.

I hope BlackBerry is aware of it and correcting it for the next update.

Posted using my Z10!
    03-12-13 07:45 PM
    No it doesn't. What version are you using? Works fine for me on or off.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 07:49 PM
    Camera orientation locks when auto rotation is turned on and it unlocks when you turn it off.

Everything seems fine to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 07:57 PM
    Camera orientation locks when auto rotation is turned on and it unlocks when you turn it off.

Everything seems fine to me.

Posted via CB10
    Orientation lock should not lock the camera or video unless you prefer to watch video sideways or reorienting your picture after the fact.

Posted using my Z10!
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    03-12-13 08:16 PM
    If the rotation lock is on, the camera is locked in portrait. If off, the camera isn't locked and the UI will switch to landscape if the phone is in landscape orientation.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 10:32 PM
    Wow.. lots of people not getting it. Well actually they understand the concept but not the thread. I'm not sure how important this issue is in the grand scheme of issues needing addressed but I assume by summer or so the option will find its way into the ui. Maybe...

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 10:58 PM
    Yikes. Some people really don't get it.

Lock your screen orientation. Open the camera, turn the phone into landscape position. Take a photo. Turn off rotation lock. Now open that photo. It's sideways.

Regardless of the orientation lock, the camera should detect what orientation the phone is in while taking the photo and save the photo accordingly. Else, photos taken while the phone is on its side all turn out rotated 90 degrees.

Posted using BlackBerry 10
    03-12-13 10:59 PM
    Wow.. lots of people not getting it. Well actually they understand the concept but not the thread. I'm not sure how important this issue is in the grand scheme of issues needing addressed but I assume by summer or so the option will find its way into the ui. Maybe...

Posted via CB10
    It's important - take a photo in this mode, now upload it to Facebook. It's sideways. Well, that is unless you go into the photo editor app, rotate it 90 degrees, re save it, then upload it to Facebook.

03-12-13 11:01 PM
    this would be a cool feature! the camera is the only reason why I dont turn rotation lock on
    03-12-13 11:07 PM
    What? Actually, there are times when people *want* to take pictures sideways (I've found a few uses in the past). The current behavior is the correct behavior. If the user has purposely turned on orientation lock, the camera should assume that the users wants the orientation locked.

Currently, the user can decide if the camera rotates or not. If what the OP is saying is implemented, there would be no way to do this.
    03-12-13 11:19 PM
    If the user has purposely turned on orientation lock, the camera should assume that the users wants the orientation locked.
    Except for the part where it's not like this on iOS or Android. Regardless of the orientation lock, the photos are always taken with relation to the tilt of the device.

And if that's the argument you're taking... Where's the landscape mode lock? Wait, you mean I can only lock the device into portrait mode? That suddenly doesn't add up now... does it?

03-12-13 11:30 PM
    I'd be less concerned if the phone locked the camera into landscape mode since it's the natural way to hold any camera or video camera. Pictures are pretty easy to correct. Video not so much.

I've already taken videos that don't play properly on tv computer or the phone itself as you naturally hold the phone in landscape for videos and then it plays back in portrait on the tv. Ugh. My neck hurts.

I keep the phone in rotation lock as I prefer to read and work with the phone without it continually switching orientation for 99% of my day. For the camera its the opposite. You always want it to be unlocked. There may be the rare occasion where artistic side might call for locked photo orientation and in that case provide that as a camera setting or I'm also fine editing my artistic work to the proper orientations after the fact.

Come to think of it. I don't think I've ever had a point and shoot camera that even had a rotation lock option amogst the 100's of options.

Anyway, I'm just saying that my preference to keep my rotation lock on is causing hair pulling with my camera use as you expect it to auto orient for you as all cameras do.

Posted using my Z10!
    03-13-13 12:22 AM
    I guess opening the pic, hitting the menu thing in the bottom corner, selecting rotate, is too much trouble?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 12:28 AM
    I guess opening the pic, hitting the menu thing in the bottom corner, selecting rotate, is too much trouble?

Posted via CB10
    For breaking news, and shooting videos. Yes, yes it is. Again, every other platform does this properly. Why does BB10 have to be different?

03-13-13 12:30 AM
    You don't need to open the photo editor app, just open the pic and bottom right press the 3 dot thing, select rotate

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 12:30 AM
    Very easy fix, go to video folder, hold the video you want to fix, select edit, then at the bottom select transform, then choose which way you want to rotate, select save, and presto

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 12:36 AM
    Video is easy to rotate, heck you can rotate a movie to play upside down if you wanted, what other device allows all this editing power?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 12:38 AM
    Great. 95% of the time I want it to auto rotate (actually more like 99%) for pictures. For that 5% I'll use your method to correct the pictures that the camera should have been locked.

And if the camera is suppose to lock. At least lock it in landscape. How would you suggest I correct the orientation on my videos if it's that simple. Video should always be in landscape.

Posted using my Z10!
    03-13-13 12:41 AM
    I love my Z10. Wouldn't trade for any other. If I didn't lock my phone orientation for my daily use, I wouldn't have noticed this issue. So now I have to make an effort to remember to turn off the rl when I want to take a quick pic or video. For the most part I don't as rl is not what I'm thinking about at the time.

All I'm saying is the rl function which is used for the daily phone activity impedes on how you naturally use the camera. If it suppose to be a function of the camera then put it in camera settings.

Apps for the most part are designed to operate in either portrait or landscape and adjust accordingly regardless of the rl option. The camera is meant to auto rotate and if it was meant to be locked portrait lock does not make sense.

I'm not ditching the phone because if this but it would be nice if they corrected it.

Posted using my Z10!
    03-13-13 12:53 AM
29 12