• 1 Post By Vorkosigan
  • 1 Post By scrannel
  • 3 Post By jrlong
  • 1 Post By coolbold
  • 1 Post By valeuche
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Call to Arms: Fox 13 news Utah

Right now, fox 13 news in utah under it's news ticker below on the tv screen, flashes every 5 minutes the business header title "blackberry called a noble failure".

email them and let them know what you think about that!

news@fox13now.com

A "respectable" news outlet like these should not be spreading misinformation, specially from blackberry hater articles.

NOTE: from the awful CNN article BlackBerry Z10 Review: Good is not good enough - Mar. 20, 2013
    Thanked by:
    bbqkid8 (03-23-2013) 
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,779 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coolbold View Post
    Right now, fox 13 news in utah under it's news ticker below on the tv screen, flashes every 5 minutes the business header title "blackberry called a noble failure".

news@fox13now.com

A "respectable" news outlet like these should not be spreading misinformation, specially from blackberry hater articles.

NOTE: from the awful CNN article BlackBerry Z10 Review: Good is not good enough - Mar. 20, 2013
    I guess if something is out less than 2 months and hasn't sold billions these days it's considered a failure? I don't like where the world is going, can I get off?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    spike12, DuexNoir and wasabiGT like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    I guess if something is out less than 2 months and hasn't sold billions these days it's considered a failure? I don't like where the world is going, can I get off?
    There is a one-way manned mission to Mars in the planning stages and they are seeking a volunteer for this journey to the red planet. Maybe you can submit an application explaining your desire to get off this planet. LOL
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

Meh, not sure why everyone gets caught up in this. If you enjoy your phone isn't that enough? Myself, being a windows phone supporter as well as BlackBerry have been through this misinformed press type stuff before. I've tried apple and android but they just don't stack up to WP8 and BB10. Eventually others will see this as well. I have to admit I find it funny when the same folks that give me crap for having a windows phone come running to me to fix their android device that's lagging or freezing.
    dj_matty_s likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

This is my point with the US media. It's like they are going out of their way to hit this company. My mother used to say if you have nothing nice to say, why say anything at all. What would be the loss to the media outlets to report nothing at all?

It's almost as if they are putting as much effort to be negative as it takes to spread positive.....my question is, what is the motive?
    ShimmyShine and DuexNoir like this.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,779 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kill_9 View Post
    There is a one-way manned mission to Mars in the planning stages and they are seeking a volunteer for this journey to the red planet. Maybe you can submit an application explaining your desire to get off this planet. LOL
    Thanks for the tip
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Meh, not sure why everyone gets caught up in this. If you enjoy your phone isn't that enough? Myself, being a windows phone supporter as well as BlackBerry have been through this misinformed press type stuff before. I've tried apple and android but they just don't stack up to WP8 and BB10. Eventually others will see this as well. I have to admit I find it funny when the same folks that give me crap for having a windows phone come running to me to fix their android device that's lagging or freezing.
    I hear you.

What the concept here is that, the better off the company from who you buy your products is, the better your product is and will be.

If they struggle, they can't give you a better product, or service.

Secondly, a very very very large group of consumers are not "that" smart, to put it mildly. A smart person would indeed compare a z10 and an iPhone one on each hand and make a thoughtful decision.

In general, a lot of people will go with whatever Kim Kardashian was using in her last show. Or whatever the designated "cool" guy from work/school/tv-show is using.

If Oprah say it's good, it must be, right?
    If the news says the phone is a failure, it must be, right?

I think I could sell banana peels if I get Harrison Ford to endorse me.
    CrackBerry Addict

I wonder if negative news us better than no news. Probably not.

But, if we descend upon all of these articles, etc. - at least it offers a way for an alternative opinion to get out.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry By Choice
    BB9810-V7.1, Z10, HTC One 64GB, Nexus 7 2013, Lenovo X1C
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Haha. Yes. I flat out told my work colleagues that if they went with Android they were on their own for set up, tweaks and fixes. I do all the pc troubleshooting as well as all the phones for my team and for a few others in the office but there are just way too many possibilities with Android. I haven't got time for all those problems.

Pls note - i am not the official IT person. I'm the administration who happens to be the only one who knows anything about tech.

Posted via CB10
    Power corrupts. Knowledge is power.
    Study hard. Be evil.
    Olijimcha likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

I think I could sell banana peels if I get Harrison Ford to endorse me.
    You'd need to endorse the sale of bananas.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,897 Global Posts

Anyone who watches Fox News deserves everything they see.
    randall2580 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

news@fox13now.com

You called Faux "News" respectable. I stopped watching their garbage years ago.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I think they're quoting this CNN review from March 20:
    BlackBerry Z10 Review: Good is not good enough - Mar. 20, 2013

This is the one that says the phone is great, but you should still steer clear of it. They also say "Siri" is an amazing technology (paraphrased).
    But still, I sent them an email!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by BruvvaPete2 View Post
    You called Faux "News" respectable. I stopped watching their garbage years ago.
    LOL

Disclaimer: I did put the quotes " ", on the word respectable. To clarify, I am not a Fox news "enthusiast". What I was trying to convey, is something like
    any "major" news outlet....any "big corp" news outlet...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,863 Global Posts

American television sensationalism.

It's all about getting that paper!
    I LOVE MY 8310 9700 9900 Z10 Z30!
    CrackBerry Abuser

The processor specs line makes me laugh. Just because the processor is slower doesn't mean that BBC10 doesn't use it more efficiently than other platforms with faster processors result in hardly any lag!

Even Quad core processors give some lag on Android! If the OS doesn't use it efficiently, you could have lag on an 8 core processor (when they become available)!

Pretty incredible what these "Tech Journalists" come up with.

National Rail Times App for BB10 - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=GB
    CrackBerry Abuser

I think they're quoting this CNN review from March 20:
    BlackBerry Z10 Review: Good is not good enough - Mar. 20, 2013

This is the one that says the phone is great, but you should still steer clear of it. They also say "Siri" is an amazing technology (paraphrased).
    But still, I sent them an email!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Here's a copy of my really long email just sent...

I noticed you're repeatedly flashing ""Blackberry called a noble failure" which I assume is based on a CNN Money article written two days before the US launch of the Z10. Interestingly, that article says many good things about the Z10, yet due to what is typically described as a "sheep mentality" that one might say dominates the US consumer market, readers are advised to avoid the product and go waste their lives talking to Siri.

While there is no doubt that tragedy is what people are drawn to the news for, there is arguably a desire to hear some positive news about hope and drive and risk against the odds. BlackBerry has pretty massive, ummm, "berries" for taking the time to develop a fantastic product that directly competes with companies literally a hundred times bigger. It's a great story not just in principle, but because of the fact they are actually succeeding. Though it's not an American company, at least it's on this side of the pond and an extremely important high-tech company for Canada - America's biggest trading partner -- with a ton of positive impact on the US (no doubt there are hundreds of American engineers working for BB).

What you are accomplishing by jumping on the "die BlackBerry die" bandwagon? Have you used the Z10? I've used one since early February and find it far superior to the competitor's flagship products on an overall basis (and I'm coming back from an iPhone 4s). My wife -- also on the iPhone -- now consistently picks up my Z10 to do anything even if her iPhone is sitting beside her. It is fun and addicting, and the flow of the OS is incredible. You don't even realize it until you pick up a different phone and remember how many extra steps are required to navigate basic functions. Hundreds of thousands (if not millions - we'll see) of people around the world have picked up the Z10 and find it absolutely brilliant. It is truly a great product.

Every phone has its highlights, and now there are three choices (four if you count Windows 8 phones) for consumers. We all know that competition ultimately benefits consumers by forcing companies to innovate and driving prices down. If 70% of the US GDP is driven by consumers, you probably want to empower those consumers in any way possible if we're ever going to get out of this stagnated economy.

Perhaps your viewers would appreciate some unbiased reporting rather than regurgitating and propagating unfounded propaganda likely spewed out by organizations that are deeply short on BB stock. There is no logical reason to trash BB or the Z10. The Q10 will further enhance their offerings, and the other 4 products scheduled this year -- including the true flagship device -- will create an incredibly diverse product portfolio in time for Christmas. As a person who believes an objective and open-minded approach is always the way to go, I hope that you will at least stop your unfounded bashing of BB's efforts to survive. Better yet, take a risk and become a media source that doesn't simply go with the flow, and puts some effort into research, understanding, and thinking outside of the box.

Thanks for your time.
    Thanked by 2:
    arvind1983 (03-23-2013),  Vorkosigan (03-23-2013) 
    Mic_JP, The Furbz and convenor like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

jrlong,

your post should be pasted and copied to every clueless tv/web critic/reporter/blogger.....
    Mic_JP likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Lol... Fox news "respectable"...that's a good one!!! I got a good chuckle out of that.

The only good thing about Fox News is it lets you keep an eye on what the crazies and lunatics are doing!!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts

I emailed them...

Dear Fox,

Im sorry, But how much did samsung or crapple pay you to place that ticker?

Have YOU even TRIED using it? Its ALOT faster and fluid than any ifail or android device ive owned! As for apps, most of what a Normal person will need/uses are either available, with more being added daily.

Get your facts straight fox, your reputation already isnt a clean one. Try doing something noble for once and get more industry back in this damn country.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,032 Global Posts
    PIN
    7BCA4397

Quote Originally Posted by not taken View Post
    I emailed them...

Dear Fox,

Im sorry, But how much did samsung or crapple pay you to place that ticker?

Have YOU even TRIED using it? Its ALOT faster and fluid than any ifail or android device ive owned! As for apps, most of what a Normal person will need/uses are either available, with more being added daily.

Get your facts straight fox, your reputation already isnt a clean one. Try doing something noble for once and get more industry back in this damn country.
    I hope that was not what you actually sent. Grammar and spelling errors can be made on forums and the post still be taken seriously, but not so much when you are trying to get attention from a broadcaster.

Moreover, calling iPhone "ifail" implies that it was a commercial failure. It was not, with the revenue from iPhone sales for just a quarter of a year apple could afford to outright buy blackberry.
    21stNow likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bj Mac View Post
    Lol... Fox news "respectable"...that's a good one!!!
    My sentiments exactly, but with much less venom than I would have mixed in. Fox News is the worst thing since poison ivy flavored bubblegum.
    This post represents the offices of Me, Myself, and I. Representation of other individuals and entities is not implied, despite inferences.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by valeuche View Post
    I hope that was not what you actually sent. Grammar and spelling errors can be made on forums and the post still be taken seriously, but not so much when you are trying to get attention from a broadcaster.

Moreover, calling iPhone "ifail" implies that it was a commercial failure. It was not, with the revenue from iPhone sales for just a quarter of a year apple could afford to outright buy blackberry.

Of course not

I AM going to write a letter to them, however, with a little different of a drive behind the message. I felt like being a smart *** when I first awoke this AM is all.