I can see the contacts that were associated with email accounts but not the other contacts that I have on my Torch. I am missing the address information, notes and phone numbers of everyone in my Torch contacts. I expected this to move over when I `switched devices``with Blackberry link. Did I miss an instruction�
    Also, my calendar is filled with all the miscellaneous trivial date info from FaceBook (birthdays of anyone on FB) but does not have the important information that resided in my calendar on the Torch. There are many appointments and notes in that calendar. How can that information be imported to my Z10.
    It would take a very long time to do that manually so there must be a way. I have looked through the forums and Blackberry.com but I have not seen a clear discussion on moving that information from Blackberry to the new Blackberry. I would appreciate being directed to the information if it is out there somewhere, and I apologize if I have somehow been too fuzzy eyed to see it,
    02-10-13 01:50 PM
    Hi - i just want to know how to save a new contact ?? on my new BBZ10 ?
    Bear in mind that this new contact is on my missed call ?
    That is all
    thank you
    hassan chatila
    02-10-13 02:12 PM
    if you pause your finger on the call, a side bar opens, one of the icons is to add a contact, touch it and then it adds that number to your contacts. You can edit or add any information to the contact anytime.
    02-10-13 02:21 PM
    What I have done so far:
    Calendar:
    • I created an outlook account and used desktop manager to sync my Torch 9800 to that calendar, so on my PC I can see all the detailed entries that I expect.
    • I added the outlook account to my Z10, and have set that up to sync to the calendar .
    • I can create a new appointment on my Z10 and see it on the calendar on my PC, and vice versa. What I still do not see on my Z10 are the entries that were synced from my Torch, So is this an Outlook issue or a Z10 issue?

Addresses/Contacts:
    • I set up the blue tooth transfer of contacts from my Torch to my Z10, but it appears that only the SIM contacts transfer, though the transfer process shows that the full number of entries in my phonebook have transferred to the Z10 (I can't find the file)
    • I synced the contacts from my Torch to Outlook using Desktop Manager but it is not syncing the full list of contacts, and not the full info (addresses and notes)

Any suggestions or tips for my nexts steps? My goal is to have my calendar details and full addresses in my contacts on the Z10 that were on my Torch so I would appreciate the help. (I have spent lots of hours trying things and reading posts instead of preparing the report that I have to present tomorrow)
    02-10-13 10:17 PM
    I initially had that issue as well. it seems like outlook.com does not support carddav. I was trying not to go through google, but in the end I had to.

so the easiest way would be to create a google gmail account and sync your torch. then add that account on your z10 and sync all email, calendar, and contacts. you can then delete syncing of the google account if you wish.
    sewnut likes this.
    02-10-13 10:25 PM
    I had difficulties moving contacts with link. I followed the instructions on BB support using Bluetooth. This transferred all of my contact information. Make sure you link both phones on Bluetooth first of course. Hope this helps.
    sewnut likes this.
    02-10-13 10:35 PM
    I initially had that issue as well. it seems like outlook.com does not support carddav. I was trying not to go through google, but in the end I had to.

so the easiest way would be to create a google gmail account and sync your torch. then add that account on your z10 and sync all email, calendar, and contacts. you can then delete syncing of the google account if you wish.
    Does my Torch need to reconnect to the internet for this (putting a sim card back in)?
    I could have entered the info manually for the 6 hours I have been playing I have learned a lot about the Z10 though. Thanks for the suggestion
    02-10-13 11:31 PM
    Just thought I share this with you all, if you have Contacts groups set in your old devices that is very well the reason why they are not transferring via Link or Bluetooth, i would suggest to get rid of the groups and try the transfer again.

I learn this from my own experience and was the only way to accomplish that
    02-10-13 11:34 PM
    Just thought I share this with you all, if you have Contacts groups set in your old devices that is very well the reason why they are not transferring via Link or Bluetooth, i would suggest to get rid of the groups and try the transfer again.

I learn this from my own experience and was the only way to accomplish that
    Yes, having groups in Contacts will *definitely* cause issues at this time and is NOT supported. If you try to force loading contact groups, you will just be causing yourself headaches. There is no way to add, view, edit or delete groups right now on BlackBerry 10.

BlackBerry knows that this is an issue and is working on this. See: KB33578-Contacts are not migrated to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone if contact groups exist

For now, please delete groups and try again. If everything is screwed up, please follow directions from BlackBerry at: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ernalId=KB3352

If you can't delete groups (and you may have good reasons to keep your contact groups), you can transfer *both* contacts and contact groups from your old BlackBerry OS smartphone into Google Contacts and sync from there. This will preserve your groups, so that you can use them on BlackBerry 10 when they become supported and you will end up with all your contacts on your BlackBerry 10 device. For instructions on how to do this (skip the steps for merging contacts unless you end up with duplicates), please see: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post7962549
    02-11-13 12:59 AM

Outlook.com supports Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, which provides functionality beyond IMAP/CalDAV/CardDAV. However, contact groups will still not sync at this time. Outlook.com is a good alternative to Google Apps / Gmail for my recommendation above.
    02-11-13 01:04 AM
    yes, it's a cloud service so data will be required.
    02-11-13 01:10 AM
    also found this with a quick google search if anybody needs it. it's another work around, but I've never tried it so good luck.

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/...blackberry-z10
    sewnut likes this.
    02-11-13 01:14 AM
    yes, it's a cloud service so data will be required.
    Data services with your carrier are *NOT* required. Only Wifi. You can also use cellular data if you wish.
    02-11-13 01:23 AM
    Data services with your carrier are *NOT* required. Only Wifi. You can also use cellular data if you wish.
    oops yes, meant data over wifi or cellular
    b320 likes this.
    02-11-13 03:16 PM
    The easy solution is to drop your sim card back in your device and then send the contact card (and any other file) directly to your email or to another BBM contact. Simple. I wish I would have figured it out 8 hours earlier.

I figured it out myself this time.. Thank you everyone for the ideas. I did try them all.
    02-11-13 08:28 PM
    also found this with a quick google search if anybody needs it. it's another work around, but I've never tried it so good luck.

How to sync Outlook information with Blackberry Z10 | Geek Squad
    and this was perfectly easy for the calendar!
    02-11-13 08:43 PM