So I bought a Z10 a few months back @ Verizon for the FULL retail price. Used it, loved it, had it stolen. Verizon gave me a run around about my insurance blah blah blah so a long story short, I have to come out of pocket again for a Z10. I found a white one on Craigslist that's a legit seller phones in mint condition and he's asking $375. Although I don't hate my galaxy nexus (my backup) I miss the Z10 but am having trouble justifying spending over 1000 on phones in the last few months...so to buy or not to buy? Cuz I can't make up my damn mind, obviously....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CB Forums mobile app
    05-17-13 11:41 AM
    BUY /thread

Also make sure its got a clean ESN. They can give you the number and you can call verizon to verify.
    05-17-13 11:48 AM
    So I bought a Z10 a few months back @ Verizon for the FULL retail price. Used it, loved it, had it stolen. Verizon gave me a run around about my insurance blah blah blah so a long story short, I have to come out of pocket again for a Z10. I found a white one on Craigslist that's a legit seller phones in mint condition and he's asking $375. Although I don't hate my galaxy nexus (my backup) I miss the Z10 but am having trouble justifying spending over 1000 on phones in the last few months...so to buy or not to buy? Cuz I can't make up my damn mind, obviously....

Say what? What kind of run around did they give you??? I haven't read the VERIZON insurance, but he TMo plan is pretty specific that theft is, indeed, covered under it. If that's the case for YOU (read the policy, I am sure a copy appears on their web site SOMEWHERE if you don't have your original policy statement), file a police report indicating its theft, march back into that store with your policy and the police report, ask how to file a claim, file it, and let them know that if they don't perform under the auspices of the policy as it is written, you'll file a complaint with your state board of insurance.

I have a funny feeling that this may change their perspective a little bit.

All that being said, I am NOT familiar with the language in the Verizon policy, or what state you reside in. BUT, don't consider yourself sunk easily with 500 smackers out of your pocket AND a paid handset policy.

AS you stated more eloquently than I could, before you are out 1000 bucks for phones, a police report and a little "come to jesus" discussion with Verizon may be worth the effort. Again, not being familiar with the language in their policies....
    05-17-13 11:52 AM
    Having trouble trying to move the forum to buy / sell thread from this app. Didn't see it before I posted.

05-17-13 12:15 PM