Had a update 10 days ago for 10.2.1.3247 over Link which installed ok. then 3 days ago had another update of 17mb.Since then every time i make a shortcut or use one on the home screen it takes me to the tiled browser and not the shortcut web page. tried all different ways to solve it .Now i have noticed that my phone is now 10.2.1.2997 so it has gone back a version.Puzzled to say the least.Do i reinstall the backup to solve this issue? Not sure what is best.Updates say i have the correct software version.
    07-08-14 10:51 AM
    Had a update 10 days ago for 10.2.1.3247 over Link which installed ok. then 3 days ago had another update of 17mb.Since then every time i make a shortcut or use one on the home screen it takes me to the tiled browser and not the shortcut web page. tried all different ways to solve it .Now i have noticed that my phone is now 10.2.1.2997 so it has gone back a version.Puzzled to say the least.Do i reinstall the backup to solve this issue? Not sure what is best.Updates say i have the correct software version.
    That is just BB's way of confusing folks. That is the same OS. One is the OS version, the other the Software release. Why two numbers? Ask bb.
    07-08-14 11:50 AM
    Ok now i know there the same, the large 350+mb update which took an hour to install on the phone worked ok nowt wrong,it seems that the 17mb update i had seems to be the culprit regarding the home screen short cuts to web sites.However i have now noticed that if the browser is open and minimised the short cuts work,with the No2 in the lower left hand corner of the browser which i take it means tab or window 2,I have tried a reinstall of a back up but that didnot cure the problem,
    07-08-14 02:44 PM
    I don't see if you rebooted?

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above

There should be others dropping into this thread. maybe an answer will be presented.
    07-08-14 03:55 PM