I was at a swim meet and showed off my new phone, everyone stared and wrote down to beg their parents to buy them this phone. They especially liked the speed and the camera.

(this is for 12-13 year olds)

One of my older friends already, on the spot, put in an order for it. GO BB
    Last edited by pttptppt; 04-06-13 at 08:01 AM.
    04-05-13 07:47 PM
    I was at a swim meet and showed off my new phone, everyone stared and wrote down to beg their parents to buy them this phone. They especially liked the speed and the camera.

(this is for 12-13 year olds)
    One of my older friends already, on the spot, put in an order for it. GO BB
    Anyone else experience the same wows and applauses?
    04-06-13 08:02 AM
    Yup, I'm personally responsible for 4 Z10 sales so far just by showing off the device. A 5th might be coming soon. none of these people were prior BlackBerry users, including myself.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 08:10 AM
    I feel the same way

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 06:23 PM
    I managed to keep at 9810 user from going to iPhone by showing off the Z10

Posted via CB10
    TimJohnSmith likes this.
    04-06-13 06:34 PM
    Cool, keep if up guys or they'll ditch the Z10 like they did with the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 06:55 PM
    I guess I'm surrounded by completely stubborn people. Other than my siblings and parents, none of my friends are planning on switching. Ugh.

They all say "Oh this is nice, I guess BlackBerry is finally stepping up and getting back into the competition... but I love my Android (or I phone), I could never switch, especially since the BlackBerry is nice, but doesn't have all the awesome features my phone Does".. when I ask them what features, it's either the nice home page on their androids, the hugeness (if that's a word lol) of their droid, or the imessage, or this or that...but bottom line, each phone is different in its own way, and one phone not having what the other has is just its own uniqueness. But they are just very stubborn. I even had an annoying response to showing my BlackBerry to a coworker who responded Saying "I'm getting an iphone 5" and when I asked why he goes "Everyone has it, it's the cool thing ". Lol, I swear after getting that response, I feel like I should never speak to that individual again.lol

Posted via CB10
    sugbo likes this.
    04-06-13 07:24 PM
    You sure they are the stubborn ones? everyone is entitled to their choice without being ridiculed for it. It takes all kinds right? Why is everyone so obsessed with trying to convert people who are perfectly content with their phones? I never understood this obsession :/
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    04-06-13 07:38 PM
    Try to convert some friends but they left apple a long time ago and they almost all on android... :-) Gs3, google nexus etc... And here in china, They prey by Note 2 and iPhone !
    Hong-kong will be better they like class and smart stuff and are hungry of whatsapp !
    04-06-13 07:41 PM
    I don't force anyone at all. Not even one bit. But I think I can consider then stubborn when they say their phones the best and won't even see what the new BlackBerry has. They'll just look at it, and with one look be so sure that there's nothing BlackBerry has done that could possibly make them like it. I don't get mad at them for it. Nor am I obsessed with converting people... my best friend has an android and plans to stay with it. But she doesn't say that BlackBerry doesn't have anything good that could ever make me like it. She prefers her android because of many other things and I absolutely respect that, and frankly, I'm happy that she found the phone for her.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 08:38 PM
    The Z10 is my phone and when it's life is over, I shall buy the next new, must be touch screen, BlackBerry phone! I'm not a fan of BlackBerry and I hate their legacy phones, that is just my opinion, but I know by the quality of this phone that they've learned it's quality not quantity.

Everyone is allowed to make their own choice but I agree that I hate when people don't know what they're talking about.

Anyways today I showed my friend my phone and he asked
    "Is that the new BlackBerry Z10? What android os does it run?"
    At that point I laughed like crazy. Then I explained to him it runs BlackBerry os but it does in fact have an android emulator. I think there's a mix communication and people think BlackBerry died and now runs android os!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:00 PM
    Anyone else experience the same wows and applauses?
    Showing off the keyboard and how fast it types, always does it. The camera is the other thing.

Guess that means that you may have some more friends on BBM with you! Have a fun time in school!
    04-06-13 10:07 PM
    The Z10 is my phone and when it's life is over, I shall buy the next new, must be touch screen, BlackBerry phone! I'm not a fan of BlackBerry and I hate their legacy phones, that is just my opinion, but I know by the quality of this phone that they've learned it's quality not quantity.

Everyone is allowed to make their own choice but I agree that I hate when people don't know what they're talking about.

At that point I laughed like crazy. Then I explained to him it runs BlackBerry os but it does in fact have an android emulator. I think there's a mix communication and people think BlackBerry died and now runs android os!

Posted via CB10
    I absolutely agree with you... and about the misunderstanding that people have about the android being run on BlackBerry is common! I've heard it too!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:11 PM
    Showing off the keyboard and how fast it types, always does it. The camera is the other thing.

Guess that means that you may have some more friends on BBM with you! Have a fun time in school!
    Tks

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:11 PM
    Back to my Jailbroken iPhone 5. IMHO, does everything the blackberry can do and then some, but it has to be jailbroken to do that. I am really holding out for the Q10, i need that physical keyboard, the flick type just wasnt for me. gave it a shot, and think the OS for the BB 10 is great, but the physicality of the keyboard is what makes me love BBRY.
    04-06-13 10:12 PM
    Back to my Jailbroken iPhone 5. IMHO, does everything the blackberry can do and then some, but it has to be jailbroken to do that. I am really holding out for the Q10, i need that physical keyboard, the flick type just wasnt for me. gave it a shot, and think the OS for the BB 10 is great, but the physicality of the keyboard is what makes me love BBRY.
    Everyone has their own opinion. I like touchscreen and love the flick and swipe and hate physical keyboards, but that's just my 2 cents.

Off topic, from the way I write, would you be able to tell I'm only 12? There's no right answer but I think it's cool I know so much about BlackBerry. (Look at my other posts!)

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:18 PM
    My company recently started moving employees off of BlackBerry devices and giving them iPhones. This is mostly due to the owner's son and his over of Apple products.

I can tell you that the 9930 users do not like the iPhones. They complain about limited email features. When I showed them my Z10 they said we should have never changed.

I expect the within the year I will be the only corporate BlackBerry user left in the company. I hope to change that trend.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:29 PM
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:31 PM
    I'd like to say I'm a good salesman but I'm not. The Z10 sells itself. I've done the I5 thing. Hated it. 4s is a better phone. Anyway, I show anyone and everyone my phone.

I hear the apps, or this or that. When I ask what specifically they speak of, I find the app, I use the camera, I blow them away with Internet speed. I let the Z10 do the talking. Only thing I can't counter is screen size.

My BBM list is growing. Fast! BlackBerry is back!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:35 PM
    Yay

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:42 PM
    Demonstrated my phone to about 12 people and they were all wowed, except for the two who owned iphones. Actually, there were about 5 out of the 12 that owned iphones. It is kinda weird, but they seem worried when they didn't need to be. The other iphone users absolutely fell in love with the keyboard. I know of five that will probably switch the "Dark Berry" side. The Z10 will grow from word of mouth.

Posted via CB10
    Signhere likes this.
    04-06-13 11:01 PM
    I get so frustrated when I pick up my lonely iphone4. I swipe, flick, gesture and it just responds with a blank stare. New Iphone users still believe that they are paying for the best phone and the latest technology. But every time I demo the Z10, I get a very defensive and prickly reaction when they find out the Z10 does just about everything better. Maybe it's just the people I've shown and not the norm. I dunno. Respect for the BlackBerry is going to take time and lots of evangelizing!

Black Tie Z10
    EarthyBerry likes this.
    04-06-13 11:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol I also showed a mate my Z10 and he was super keen on switching his iphone 5 until he his assumption was crushed that it ran android. Then hour started going on abit no apps for bb10 etc etc

Posted via CB10
    dburd411 likes this.
    04-06-13 11:25 PM
    Lol I also showed a mate my Z10 and he was super keen on switching his iphone 5 until he his assumption was crushed that it ran android. Then he started going on aboit no apps for bb10 etc etc

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:26 PM
    I'd like to say I'm a good salesman but I'm not. The Z10 sells itself. I've done the I5 thing. Hated it. 4s is a better phone. Anyway, I show anyone and everyone my phone.

I hear the apps, or this or that. When I ask what specifically they speak of, I find the app, I use the camera, I blow them away with Internet speed. I let the Z10 do the talking. Only thing I can't counter is screen size.

My BBM list is growing. Fast! BlackBerry is back!

Posted via CB10
    I think you might be the first person that has said the 4s is better than the 5.....
    dburd411 likes this.
    04-06-13 11:33 PM
32 12