LOL. Hours or days, indeed. I have push email, it arrives instantly.

I do not want it but if others in developing countries would like to pay for it to keep their costs down then that would be good for them. I do not want it though.
    04-17-13 03:07 AM
    For those complaining about data usage by the BlackBerry Z10 I recommend installing the application called Data Monitor. An annoyance of the complaints is the failure on the part of the complainers to state the applications being used. Another annoyance is the complaints about data usage yet these complainers often say they use WiFi most of the time which makes me wonder why they care about data usage.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-17-13 03:33 AM
    For those complaining about data usage by the BlackBerry Z10 I recommend installing the application called Data Monitor. An annoyance of the complaints is the failure on the part of the complainers to state the applications being used. Another annoyance is the complaints about data usage yet these complainers often say they use WiFi most of the time which makes me wonder why they care about data usage.

Because even if you're on wifi the Z10 seems to use cellular data, here's mine last night and bare in mind I have no apps expect CB and no contacts to sync etc.

Not much but it's used none the less.
    Bring back BIS Petition-img_00000910.png

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 03:42 AM
    I also want that BIS come back!

With BIS we've got unlimited data service at good speeds.

Some days ago after I bought my Z10 I received an SMS telling me I have exceed my data limits. Never before I have received an SMS as my 8520, 9800, 9790 and 9900 used all of them BIS.

I would be very very happy if BIS would come back to my Z10 as this will mean I will allways have decent data speeds.

This is my case, I don't know if in other countries happens the same way.

Cheers from Barcelona!!!
    04-17-13 03:51 AM

Problem is data roaming cost (for people who travelling a lot) - NOT usage in domestic country!
    04-17-13 04:34 AM
    I think BlackBerry and the carriers would agree to bring BIS back if a niche group of BB10 users were prepared to pay for the service. Thus, the poll should be how many people would pay either $5 or $10 per month for bis?

I'd pay $10/month for BIS!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:29 AM
    Problem is data roaming cost (for people who travelling a lot) - NOT usage in domestic country!
    If you travel you didn't have go get a BIS SIM where you went? I don't know, was BIS free when traveled?
    04-17-13 05:42 AM
    BIS is slow but its cheap
    What? No BIS is cheap, BIS cost money for Blackberry to maintain and that is why it is doomed. BIS would not be slow on a good 4G/LTE network.
    04-17-13 05:46 AM
    If you travel you didn't have go get a BIS SIM where you went? I don't know, was BIS free when traveled?
    Free no but it sipped data and you could optimize it to go on 1mb for days.

My Z10 used 1mb just driving around last two hours doing nothing, just sitting idle, no apps except CB and the data monitoring app, no contacts to sync, nothing.
    04-17-13 05:52 AM
    What? No BIS is cheap, BIS cost money for Blackberry to maintain and that is why it is doomed. BIS would not be slow on a good 4G/LTE network.
    Wrong, BIS made RIM money, it was a source of revenue that now they have lost.
    04-17-13 05:55 AM
    What!!!! Are you kidding me. And again pay extra chf 10 for bis. No chance. I gave also data flat

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:57 AM
    I don't care if they bring BIS back or not.

If they do, make it an option because I don't need it and wouldn't pay more for it.
    04-17-13 06:27 AM
    Not going to happen. It was known over a year ago that QNX does not work with the NOC.

This is why it is not on BB10.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-17-13 06:47 AM
    How do you explain steaming YouTube trough BIS if it's so "Slow"

Posted via CB10
    Streaming with my 9900 was usually either a stutter fest or wait forever to load fest. Z10 on same carrier network loads fast and/or doesn't stutter. Now my BBM goes through BIS but my other stuff does not and the performance of everything loading is quicker. May not show up on 2G networks, but HSPA+ and LTE their is a stark difference. If BIS does come back it should only be for roaming and 2G, not faster networks. BBRY has a patent for this, now they need to execute it!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by lnichols; 04-17-13 at 07:08 AM.
    04-17-13 06:54 AM
    BIS was great for emails but that's about it. I think the "cons" outweigh the "pros" of the service.
    04-17-13 07:28 AM
    Free no but it sipped data and you could optimize it to go on 1mb for days.

My Z10 used 1mb just driving around last two hours doing nothing, just sitting idle, no apps except CB and the data monitoring app, no contacts to sync, nothing.
    Get a PC
    04-17-13 08:26 AM
    Support.

Posted on Z10.
    04-17-13 08:33 AM
    It could help others, for data roamning....last bill....for one month of use, $2600.....2 weeks in the US...i'm in Canada...
    go figure...
    But as anyone would say here, wait for the update? Seems to be the answer/excuse for Blackberry these days.
    04-17-13 08:36 AM

First of all, my BIS is unlimited (I spent monthly as average 3-4-GB) and is USD 16 (USD 8 for new users), while unlimited roaming BIS is USD 19.
    Of course, unlimited of all apps which runs under BIS, excluging streaming apps like YouTube, Viber, etc.
    Standard data roaming (BB10, Android, iOS, etc) is USD 173 for ONLY 500 MB (this is max amount per month)!!
    So, you can imagine what BB10 cost is/could be for my case!
    I had Z10 for 3 month and Q10 since a month, both are beautiful, BB done really a huge thing, making brand new platform from zero in a very short time, BUT, can't afford it for business travelling.
    That's why I still stick to my Bold 9900.
    As our carriers controlling the "game" now, it depends on them how I/we will proceed in the future.
    04-17-13 09:03 AM
    First of all, my BIS is unlimited (I spent monthly as average 3-4-GB) and is USD 16 (USD 8 for new users), while unlimited roaming BIS is USD 19.
    Of course, unlimited of all apps which runs under BIS, excluging streaming apps like YouTube, Viber, etc.
    Standard data roaming (BB10, Android, iOS, etc) is USD 173 for ONLY 500 MB (this is max amount per month)!!
    I had Z10 for 3 month and Q10 since a month, both are beautiful, BB done really a huge thing, making brand new platform from zero in a very short time, BUT, can't afford it for business travelling.
    As our carriers controlling the "game" now, it depends on them how I/we will proceed in the future.
    Well get used to it, because BIS is NOT EVER coming back..

And how did you have a Q10 for a month already when the device isn't out until the end of THIS month? And had the Z10 for 3 months when that has only been out for 2.5 months
    04-17-13 09:14 AM

And how did you have a Q10 for a month already when the device isn't out until the end of THIS month? And had the Z10 for 3 months when that has only been out for 2.5 months
    Without BIS there's no reason but the keyboard for me to use a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:20 AM
    Do carriers not offer international packages similar to the BIS international package? I mean where it's cheaper than buying a local SIM?
    04-17-13 09:23 AM
    I just got my Z10 and noticed that emails don't push anymore. Deal breaker, email push is a requirement for my industry.

Options?
    04-17-13 09:24 AM

Let's say - testing phones before they will come in retail stores
    04-17-13 09:27 AM
    Not going to happen. It was known over a year ago that QNX does not work with the NOC.

This is why it is not on BB10.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Have you got that? I have been looking for the first notification that BIS was not going to be on BB10.

You'd save me pulling my hair out.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:28 AM
145 ... 23456