I am going to post this although it may have no bearing on what you're experiencing.

I just recently updated my Z10 to the latest OS using the Sachesi method. I had done this several times in the past with no issues whatsoever. But this last time it would get part way through and fail. I must have tried twenty times before I started to eliminate various possibilities.

It turned out that it was the USB cable I was using. I tried several before I found one that kept the link and then it worked fine.

Best of luck with your issue.

God Bless.

Posted via Z10
    I've had the same issue with a number of "good" cables, the cables worked for everything else. I bought a new cable and it worked perfectly. Bizarre but true.

GLad to know the Z10 finally booted up!
    10-06-15 09:59 AM
    GOT IT!
    Thanks, Technarch and all who assisted. I thought it had gone to the beyond, I have over 10 hours in this thing over the weekend and today. But the fact that it DID load the bootloader and showed a green LED still gave me a glimmer of hope that it was not a hardware problem. I can't exactly say what did it, a combination of tenacity and "insane-ness", I guess (doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.) I kept trying CPR, unplugging and plugging in the USB during load attempts, continuing to try to use autoloaders, then just letting it sit after I finally gave up. First, I looked at the screen an hour later, and saw the yellow triangle error, the first sign of life in days. Then, the LED went to solid red. I turned it off and on a few times, and saw the beautiful BlackBerry logo appear. Once I went through the tutorial, I found it was on the latest O.S. as well!
    As I tell my friends and co-workers, you can't kill a Blackberry! I keep my string intact!

Thanks again to all!
    Gary
    You my friend are a Monster!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 11:48 AM
    Glad to read this from you!
    Now let's help a Crackberrian who bricked his red Z!

I have to find the thread then post the link here (if you don't mind)
    10-06-15 12:09 PM
    Glad to read this from you!
    Now let's help a Crackberrian who bricked his red Z!

I have to find the thread then post the link here (if you don't mind)
    Please do. And don't hesitate to ask for any help. Feel free to P.M.
    anischab likes this.
    10-06-15 02:12 PM
    Please do. And don't hesitate to ask for any help. Feel free to P.M.
    Could not find the thread... Red Z10 or 30?? Bricked... read a few days ago... I did not answer or subscribe... the owner projected to buy an other Z with broken screen and swap mother boards!?!?!?
    10-06-15 05:02 PM
    Could not find the thread... Red Z10 or 30?? Bricked... read a few days ago... I did not answer or subscribe... the owner projected to buy an other Z with broken screen and swap mother boards!?!?!?
    Oh, thought you were asking for help from me with my experiences in this thread- Are you the one with the bricked Z10? If so, could you describe if there is any sign of life (LED, etc.?)
    anischab likes this.
    10-07-15 07:40 AM
    Oh, thought you were asking for help from me with my experiences in this thread- Are you the one with the bricked Z10? If so, could you describe if there is any sign of life (LED, etc.?)
    No, I have a Q10 and a Passport... but I always try to help when I can. Cheers
    10-07-15 12:35 PM
    garpt : very happy to read your z 10 is back in action. I have been following this thread to learn...since I got my z 10 recently (less than 3 months (!)).
    Your story reads like a miracle! Glad you have finally got the phone working. Good Luck, Peace

10-10-15 04:30 AM
    garpt : very happy to read your z 10 is back in action. I have been following this thread to learn...since I got my z 10 recently (less than 3 months (!)).
    Your story reads like a miracle! Glad you have finally got the phone working. Good Luck, Peace

Thanks. I did have faith. After 7 BB handsets, I retired them all after hard use with no hardware failures. It's sad to think that Blackberry may no longer be in the handset business after the Priv, they are well made devices.
    Y. Z. likes this.
    10-10-15 07:48 AM
    I know this is an older thread but it seems to be the best one on the topic I can find. I was having a similar issue with my Verizon Z10. (running the latest 10.3.2 from verizon)

I was reading an email message opened through the hub, swiped back to go back into the hub and everything was white. The phone got super laggy and wouldn't do anything but open and close the hub. I swiped diagonally down from the top right corner a few times to reset the hub and the phone shut off completely. It started to restart, gave me a long red LED then immediately started blinking quickly 4 times. I tried every method I could think of and everything I had read on here and other forums to get it going again but no luck. When I use an autoloader, it will not even get past the "connecting to bootrom" message before the four quick LED's start flashing again. I was able to get it to the enter password message a handful of times, but as soon as I touch a key on the PC's keyboard the LED's start flashing on the phone again and it just sits there. I have tried 6 different USB cables (2 were brand new that I bought specifically for this) I haven't seen the green LED once when trying the autoloaders.

I have purchased a used Z30 (hold me over until the PRIV launches) since this happened but I would really like to get this running again as a backup phone. Does anybody have any other ideas?
    02-01-16 02:49 PM
    I've had the same issue with a number of "good" cables, the cables worked for everything else. I bought a new cable and it worked perfectly. Bizarre but true.

GLad to know the Z10 finally booted up!
    The USB cable for my wife's iMac to our printer Kills a cable at least once a year, we are on our forth cable name brand and cheap. Must be a small short circuit.
    02-01-16 03:36 PM
36 12