Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Boycott Home Depot

I would encourage all Blackberry folks to boycott Home Depot, more so those in Canada. Maybe fill your carts and at the last minute (at check out) change your mind and leave the full cart. If they ask why tell them you are a proud Blackberry user.
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    CrackBerry Abuser

Er... why?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Z10 Away! - Feel free to thank or like any post* that has helped (or hindered)

*My postings & comments are my opinion alone, and are not representative of any other company or organisation.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

Why!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    From Le Gray SGN2
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    I would encourage all Blackberry folks to boycott Home Depot, more so those in Canada. Maybe fill your carts and at the last minute (at check out) change your mind and leave the full cart. If they ask why tell them you are a proud Blackberry user.
    Your signature:

Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*-
    Thanked by 2:
    qbnkelt (02-12-2013),  Saiga (02-12-2013) 
    schmeat, qbnkelt and Saiga like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts

I'm guessing it is based on the news that they are switching to from Blackberry to iPhones for management. Pretty silly reason to boycott them. Just shows how much RIM/Blackberry has let other companies pass them in the market and they are now playing catch up.
    schmeat and tmurphx5 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts
    PIN
    eapple

Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    I'm guessing it is based on the news that they are switching to from Blackberry to iPhones for management. Pretty silly reason to boycott them. Just shows how much RIM/Blackberry has let other companies pass them in the market and they are now playing catch up.
    It's a bit of an uneducated, silly move on their part though. Why not switch when iPhone was more relevant (do NOT read this incorrectly and tell me about iPhone being the best-selling device on the market... Because times they are a-changin'.)
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

I think you should only buy from CrackBerry approved companies. Since now both Lowe's and Home Depot are off of BlackBerry the home improvement sector seems to have made up its mind. In spite of @Joski's admonition.

Then again, the 10,000 BBs don't matter.
    CrackBerry Addict

Look, there's no reason to get all upset about this. iPhone 4s is helluva cheaper than Z10, so HD management simply looked at it from cost standpoint. I'd be worried if they had gone with iPhone 5 as it's closer in terms of cost.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joski View Post
    It's a bit of an uneducated, silly move on their part though. Why not switch when iPhone was more relevant (do NOT read this incorrectly and tell me about iPhone being the best-selling device on the market... Because times they are a-changin'.)
    iPhone/iPad is still the most relevant corporate liable device in the enterprise market. Mostly do due security concerns and Android fragmentation. It is a lot easier to manage and support 1 OS and a few different models than the hundreds of Android variants.
    CrackBerry Genius

10k blackberry's is a spec of dust in the real world.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by joski View Post
    From a business user point of view, the iPhone has just started to become relevant, also considering all the support Apple provides to corporate IT and improved iOS features to support business usage. So you are wrong in my opinion. You also seem to forget that Apple will put new products on the market this year, same goes to rival Samsung and other Android manufacturers. Bottom line is: BB has lost many many business users because they simply couldn't keep up with the competition. In my opinion, BB has lost the war and is done, especially since I own the Z10 for over a week now and had the chance to play around with it. The best BB device ever, indeed but only a mediocre smartphone compared to the current competition iPhone 5, SGS3, HTC OneX+ or even the Nokia Lumia 920 or HTC 8X. Now add the new Android and iOS devices which will be presented this year and you should realize that BB is done for good. The Z10 could have been very special but unfortunately BB doesn't have the vision and innovative spirit anymore to put something awesome on the market. "Just another" smartphone, like the Z10, won't cut it and please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash the Z10 (I paid over 600 EUR for it). Technology advances fast and I'm afraid Google and Apple are too far away to allow BB to catch up. Not even sure if MS and Nokia will win the catch-up game, in my opinion they already lost it too. I always used BB devices with a great pleasure and I even owned the 9900 as a second phone next to my iPhone 4 because iOS wasn't really great with emails and attachments at that time. Now with the iPhone 5 and iOS 6.1, I have everything I need and even the Z10 doesn't make sense since it doesn't have BIS support anymore. I also use a variety of Android devices, so please don't give me any crap about being an Apple fanboy. I'd rather think that some people here are BB fanboys who don't seem (or want) to realize how far the competition has come. This reminds me a little bit of the Playbook introduction, I got one from Best Buy USA on day one of availability and after using it for some while, I realized that BB is not even playing catching up but they are years behind the competition. Only thing I liked about the Playbook was the display brightness which at maximum level, was bright enough to be used on the beach in direct sunlight. The Z10 however annoys me on a daily basis because the ambient light sensor or whatever dims down the brightness in darker environments to a level where I can barely read the display content (I am farsighted, so I need glasses if the display isn't bright enough). Apps? Nada. From 29 apps I use on a daily basis for business on my iPhone 5, only one is available on the Z10. BIS? Not anymore. Camera? Nothing to write home about. OS operational speed? It feels slower than iOS 6.1 and is somewhere between Android and WP8 (which is very close to iOS).
    So why would I be excited about my Z10? Just because of any kind of misunderstood loyalty to a brand? Does this make sense to you in the 21st century? I buy what works best for me and if I cannot find it with one company, I move on. So should you.
    Boycotting companies because of their choice of phone they are using is childish, immature and plain ridiculous. How old is this guy? 12?!
    Residing likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Boycott them cos they don't use the same phone as us?

Good reason, actually
    Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted
    CrackBerry Abuser

I respect your position but keep in mind that Home Depot took a business decision that is as respectable as the ones you take everyday. If you don't like it you can stop buying there. Their employees don't deserve to have customers acting the way you propose to do (leaving the cart full and walking away)

If you want to blame some one, you can blame the competition. Competition won the race at the Home Depot track. That is the market and the truth.

So the way yo see it, when governments in Canada or USA dump Blackberry I believe you are going to stop paying your taxes, right? reason: you are a proud Blackberry user. Just a thought.
    Residing likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,435 Global Posts
    PIN
    Light Saber

Take your own advice…Get Over It.
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (02-12-2013) 
    qbnkelt likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rennteam View Post
    From a business user point of view, the iPhone has just started to become relevant, also considering all the support Apple provides to corporate IT and improved iOS features to support business usage. So you are wrong in my opinion. You also seem to forget that Apple will put new products on the market this year, same goes to rival Samsung and other Android manufacturers. Bottom line is: BB has lost many many business users because they simply couldn't keep up with the competition. In my opinion, BB has lost the war and is done, especially since I own the Z10 for over a week now and had the chance to play around with it. The best BB device ever, indeed but only a mediocre smartphone compared to the current competition iPhone 5, SGS3, HTC OneX+ or even the Nokia Lumia 920 or HTC 8X. Now add the new Android and iOS devices which will be presented this year and you should realize that BB is done for good. The Z10 could have been very special but unfortunately BB doesn't have the vision and innovative spirit anymore to put something awesome on the market. "Just another" smartphone, like the Z10, won't cut it and please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash the Z10 (I paid over 600 EUR for it). Technology advances fast and I'm afraid Google and Apple are too far away to allow BB to catch up. Not even sure if MS and Nokia will win the catch-up game, in my opinion they already lost it too. I always used BB devices with a great pleasure and I even owned the 9900 as a second phone next to my iPhone 4 because iOS wasn't really great with emails and attachments at that time. Now with the iPhone 5 and iOS 6.1, I have everything I need and even the Z10 doesn't make sense since it doesn't have BIS support anymore. I also use a variety of Android devices, so please don't give me any crap about being an Apple fanboy. I'd rather think that some people here are BB fanboys who don't seem (or want) to realize how far the competition has come. This reminds me a little bit of the Playbook introduction, I got one from Best Buy USA on day one of availability and after using it for some while, I realized that BB is not even playing catching up but they are years behind the competition. Only thing I liked about the Playbook was the display brightness which at maximum level, was bright enough to be used on the beach in direct sunlight. The Z10 however annoys me on a daily basis because the ambient light sensor or whatever dims down the brightness in darker environments to a level where I can barely read the display content (I am farsighted, so I need glasses if the display isn't bright enough). Apps? Nada. From 29 apps I use on a daily basis for business on my iPhone 5, only one is available on the Z10. BIS? Not anymore. Camera? Nothing to write home about. OS operational speed? It feels slower than iOS 6.1 and is somewhere between Android and WP8 (which is very close to iOS).
    So why would I be excited about my Z10? Just because of any kind of misunderstood loyalty to a brand? Does this make sense to you in the 21st century? I buy what works best for me and if I cannot find it with one company, I move on. So should you.
    Boycotting companies because of their choice of phone they are using is childish, immature and plain ridiculous. How old is this guy? 12?!
    Paragraphs please, but I somewhat agree with what you say but wouldn't go as far as saying BB is done for good.
    Thanked by:
    tmurphx5 (02-12-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts

I think I read that 40,000 ruggedized android phones are used by the retail employees. I would be more worried about that; not the techno-ancient iphone 4S 10,000 used by the managers.
    / device agnosticism or bust!
    Izzy-racing likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Rennteam View Post
    You act like the Z10 is the only device BlackBerry is putting out this year when the truth is it's only the first. The race isn't over yet.. BB10 has only just begun.
    Curve 8310.... Curve 9300.... Curve 9380..... Blackberry by Choice since 2008
    Willard814 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Nonsense. I'd be boycotting so many companies if I was to take this route. It is their money so they can do as they please. It is up to Blackberry to give them a compelling reason to remain on BB. This is where a good business sales unit comes into play...not moaning about it.
    Willard814 likes this.

People boycott companies because of ethical or moral issues, not due to the smartphone they chose to deploy. Get real man
    Retired: 8703, 8130, 8330, 9630, 9800, 9900, PlayBook
    Current: Z10, Nexus 5, iPad mini retina, Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (02-12-2013) 
    qbnkelt and Willard814 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

What about ALL the other companies that have left Blackberry, too? We would have to boycott everyone! Both Lowe's and Home depot have already been using the iPhone for a while now. The people at Lowe's say it is the best system and I suspect that Home Depot is now going to do the same.

Viable companies have got to look to the future for these devices and making a mistake can be very expensive. They played it safe as there is no doubt that Apple will still be around a year from now.
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (02-12-2013) 
    qbnkelt and Willard814 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,964 Global Posts

So because BlackBerry slacked off and left a huge void in their product offerings, and Home Depot made a business decision to move to something that filled some requirements on a checklist, we should boycott Home Depot?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

I don't see reason behind this. And the out come won't send a message to Home Depot that their decision to turf their BB's for iPhone 4s's was a bad one. Let them live and learn, maybe iSheep devices are better for them than BB devices.

Global Posts
    3,059 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

Damn.. I was supposed to go for beers with some friends tonight.. but they have iPhones.. by this logic I should skip that too! *rolls eyes* I love my z10, and my playbook.. so I bought them, and I use them... what other people choose to use doesn't affect me in the slightest.. companies included. Different strokes for different folks.

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB
    Thanked by 2:
    howarmat (02-12-2013),  sexybabe88 (02-12-2013) 
    howarmat likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

All the cool kids stopped buying iphones yet Home Depot buys old iphones. Logic? None. Cheap cost savings? Did apple give them away for publicity. If so surely Home Depot is in the loop and played ball in this scenario, as such I will continue to boycott Home Depot.
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

What are the cool kids buying? Please enlighten us. Remember to boycott Lowe's also.
    greggebhardt likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast