Yeah, I can't agree that FB and Twitter are "poor" on the Z10. Issues? Sure. Having to open a browser to view pictures in Twitter is a little lame, but otherwise both apps seem to behave nicely and they look beautiful.
    Shanerredflag and raremage like this.
    02-08-13 03:39 PM
    My only complaint is that you can't save pictures from Facebook. A lot of people take pictures of my twin girls and I often want to save them
    02-08-13 03:46 PM
    I wish when commenting on a post it would allow me to tag someone when I start typing their name.
    02-08-13 04:05 PM
    I don't even use the app for FB. I use the mobile site.
    02-08-13 04:09 PM
    sorry if this is strange but what does it say when you post something from the Z10 on Facebook? You know how it will say "from iOS" or in the older blackberry's it would say "via Blackberry"....
    02-08-13 04:34 PM
    I am having the same problem with the twitter app, it does not show any tweets in the hub. It also does not notify me when there are tweets. Lets go Blackberry this is unacceptable.

The hub integration on my twitter feed is non existent. I have included my account in the hub but it doesn't pull in any new tweets. I can get them when I open the app, but I get no notification in hub that I have new tweets.
    02-08-13 04:48 PM
    So FB isn't even a true app, it's a mobile.facebook.com wrap. Nice. Another nail in the Z10's coffin.
    Plain WRONG, if you do not know how to differentiate between the two i would advise avoiding this type of comments, Facabook in BB10 is native code...
    02-08-13 04:52 PM
    I'm sure we'll see updates to many of these things rather quickly. For now, for my part, it's not like any of these things significantly reduce the functionality of the phone. The core stuff is really solid, and most of my use of Twitter involves either just posting stuff (which works perfectly well) or replying to tweets, which works perfectly well just from the Hub where I first see the messages anyway.
    02-08-13 05:36 PM
    Plain WRONG, if you do not know how to differentiate between the two i would advise avoiding this type of comments, Facabook in BB10 is native code...
    I dont use either so correct me anytime.My hub is great I read hotmail is 2 way sync Might have to move my **** their.Google can lick my ***.

Anyway that now begs the question who's to blame for a dodgy UX.Seems like FB and twitter dont want to give bb hub full capabilitys.If you think about it the hub pretty much removes use of their app they want people to use their app.so the browser launch is no surprise The fixes people want may never happen.
    RDZONE99 likes this.
    02-08-13 05:59 PM
    Facebook isn't quite where it needs to be.. i.e. uploading photos into albums doesn't seem to be possible
    That's crappy (and a step back!) The BBOS and the PlayBook does that
    02-08-13 07:03 PM
    Are they better than the versions on Playbook? Those are horrid.

A little off topic, but is there anything for Podcasts? The Podcast app the Playbook is awful as well.
    02-08-13 07:10 PM
    Twitter on BB10 is godawful.
    I agree. Especially when coming from UberSocial on my Bold 9700. I can't seem to find any settings inside the Twitter app. Pressing the Settings button only produces Legal, Terms of Service, etc but no visible settings....Very strange. I emailed UberSocial today to ask if they were working on a BB10 version but I have not received a reply. I may fork out the $3 to see how Neatly looks. That is the only 3rd party option I've heard about for BB10. Has anyone found any other apps?
    02-08-13 07:27 PM
    Finding that links on Twitter search results are not clickable. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-08-13 07:33 PM
    I am having issues logging out of FB on my BBZ10. When I select "log out", a message pops up asking me if I want to delete my account. If I select "cancel", it takes me back into the Facebook account configuration page. I then select cancel again and it takes me to my FB newsfeed. If I select "delete", my FB account is deleted and I have to add a new account every time I sign in. Is this happening to anyone else? I'm also having battery charging issues, so I'm leaning towards the whole phone being a lemon.
    02-08-13 10:56 PM
    While I don't disagree about the apps being poor, uhh.. can anyone tell me on any platform where the native Twitter and Facebook apps are outstanding? lol. Twitter and Facebook are poor on both Android and iOS and I won't even get started on Windows Phone 8. Twitter bought their native app for iOS and barely improved it since. Facebook for Android was so terrible they built in a rage bug feature.. shake your phone from frustration of using the app and it would send bug logs and now that they've gone native -- it's not much better. It still runs terrible. You want great Facebook and Twitter apps? Never rely on those companies to bring it to you.
    02-09-13 10:01 PM
    Facebook could do with some improvements, but Twitter's no worse on BB10 than it is on iOS -- or even the Twitter website, for that matter!
    02-09-13 10:04 PM
    These versions are probably the WORST ones we'll see on BB10. Things should only improve from here. The Phone has only been out for ONE week....
    gwone, I really don't mean to single you out. I've read so many posts like this and I finally searched my password to log in and respond.

Full disclosure - I am a BB guy who reluctantly moved to iPhone about 2 years ago, and I am really looking forward to grabbing a Z10. However...

This whole thing about the phone only being out for a week? Ummm, what? They worked on this for 2 years! There is no question that this phone, while good in a lot of ways, has some holes in it and Blackberry has shown in the past that they're capable of releasing product that was not ready to be released. Corporate culture is an interesting thing - it can be remarkably resistant to change.

I firmly believe that a lot of these threads about 'I'm returning my Z10' are posted by pathetic trolls who actually don't own the phone. It's pretty easy to identify the top few problems with the phone because they're mentioned multiple times by guys who sound sane.

I just don't like this bit about 'the lack of (quality) apps ( or lack of this or that programming finesse) ) isn't an issue because the phone has only been out for a week'. That just doesn't make sense to me. Let's call a spade a spade and admit that releasing this phone without some of the 'hero apps' just seems strange and in the competitive environment they're operating n, it gives anti-BB people good ammo.
    02-10-13 01:03 AM
    I am having the same problem with the twitter app, it does not show any tweets in the hub. It also does not notify me when there are tweets. Lets go Blackberry this is unacceptable.
    It doesn't show your feed, it shows tweets that are directed at you specifically. For all tweets in your feed you need to open the twitter app.

02-10-13 04:15 PM
    Sorry, put a period instead of a question mark. If you don't want people making the wrong conclusion from what others say, jump down the people with Z10 devices that are making the erroneous claims. KThxBye.

Actually the facebook app for iOS and Android are top notch(have used both on my 4S and my Nexus 7). What are the features that are supposedly missing? Even Windows Phone 8 has a facebook app that does everything except being able to chat and that is built in to the OS:

https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror
    https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

I don't know where all this crap about the iOS and Android versions being bad is stemming from. Why would Facebook, the creators of those apps, create crap apps for the two top phone OSs? Doesn't make sense.
    02-10-13 04:40 PM
    Facebook and twitter for android and iOS were once bad, in the last year they've both gotten huge updates and are both pretty great now.
    02-10-13 05:08 PM
    Both the Twitter & Facebook apps on BB6 were pretty good, BB10 apps both feel like a backward step

bozzo likes this.
    02-10-13 05:40 PM
    so Twitter on Z10 does not support swtiching to different account, am I right? Also, how do you log off Twitter on this Z10. Thank you
    02-12-13 05:45 PM
    Facebook definitely needs improving. I want to change feed to most recent, I want to tag people in posts and comments and I want to be able to share. I've been going to the mobile site instead
    02-13-13 05:16 AM
    As I posted here some core apps were updated but you have to goto BBWorld and check for the updates to see them. Are any of these issues fixed? (I don't have a Z10 yet).
    02-13-13 09:28 AM
    No. They are both still garbage.
    02-13-13 09:33 AM
95 1234