Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BOLD 9900 sim VS Z10 sim card

My buddy is going to get the z10 thru his upgrade with Rogers but he already has a Galaxy S 3 how would i go about taking the z10 from him and switching sims consideing the sim cardas are different and they are going to put it thru the system

Any ideas?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

You mean size? Either get a new sim or cut the one to size?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I heard if you cut it you can't get lte and that you need the micro sim .... How do I get a new sim?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Ask your carrier for one, or cut it.. cutting the SIM will not prevent anything from working since its only cutting the surround (unless you cut it wrong and cut the chip)
    Lendo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MattUK View Post
    Ask your carrier for one, or cut it.. cutting the SIM will not prevent anything from working since its only cutting the surround (unless you cut it wrong and cut the chip)
    Be super careful. One little nick in the metals and you're done.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.0.1154 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3247
    Passport? No way! I'm holding out for the Flipper
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

You can get cutters if you are not so good with a knife.. plenty of YouTube videos on it as well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Although, just asking your carrier for a new SIM shouldn't be an issue.. collect one from a store and then call up and ask them to swap the SIM
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Why would you like to add 26 years old guy?

Guys, I went to store with my 9900, bought Z10, requested the guy to transfer my number to micro sim, within 5 minutes I had a micro sim with my old number from 9900 on it
    Nokia 3310> Nokia 8210> Nokia 1110> Nokia 7610> Nokia N95> iPhone 3G> Nokia N900> Blackberry 9700> Blackberry 9900 White> Blackberry Z10

I believed in Blackberry Z10 and now a proud owner of it

For all those people who try to talk about how good their phone or OS is, listen, if they were so 'amazing' then I would have left BB long ago and CB would be dead by now. Point is not that I believe I made the best choice among all available phones but I made a choice which serves me best!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

There is only one issue I'm not getting the upgrade my buddy is and he's giving me the phone can I still do all this even though its under his name?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Shouldn't matter.. you pay for the airtime contract.. they are not changing it, just the SIM
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts

I'm with Virgin and they give SIM cards away for free (didn't even ask my account number) so I picked up a microSIM when I got a Nexus 4 and bought an adapter so I could swamp between it and the my 9900.

Adapter was $13 from BestBuy (SAdapter Micro SIM Card to Full SIM Card Adapter (SAdapter3FFTO2FFBLK) : Other Cellular Miscellaneous - Best Buy Canada

Hopefully Rogers doesn't charge for their SIM cards (can't remember... but don't think they do when I was with them).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

So all I have to do is get the phone from him and get a new sim and transfer my 9900 info to the z10?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Hey anyone with this issue?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markbono View Post
    So all I have to do is get the phone from him and get a new sim and transfer my 9900 info to the z10?
    So, you are taking his Z10 which will be locked to Rogers. If you aren't on Rogers, you'll need to get the phone unlocked first. If you are a Rogers customer, then you just need to get yourself a micro SIM card from Rogers, pop it in, enter your BBID and you would be good to go. Your friends Z10 is in no way tied to him. Even if he tried it out, once you put in a new SIM card (yours) it will ask for a new BBID (or it should based on how the other phones work). If you aren't a Rogers customer though, you'll have to see where you can get it unlocked so you can use it on your carrier.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Yeah I'm already a rogers customer but shouldn't they give him a micro sim when he gets the new device?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    288986cf

I've cut 2 SIMs with scissors. They aren't that delicate.
    Full sized SIM to mini SIM for the iP5, and Micro SIM to mini SIM for another iP5 with no trouble whatsoever.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,497 Global Posts

i did cut my SIM with no issues, if you get just ask the carrier to give you a micro SIM
    "If you can't find anything wrong with your OS of choice, you might be a fanboy, if you can't find anything RIGHT with the smartphone OSes you DON'T use, you're definitely a fanboy." - Ashley Esqueda

Trough the Phone Lens C0019FC6B
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

So when they activate it what will happen to the sim he has in his s3?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markbono View Post
    So when they activate it what will happen to the sim he has in his s3?
    Just don't have your friend activate the SIM card in the Z10 to his account so he keeps using his S3. When you get the Z10 from him, you take the SIM card it comes with (if it doesn't come with one, you call Rogers and get one on your own) and you activate that SIM card to your account (it will make your 9900 SIM card inactive since you can only have one SIM card tied to one phone number). Then you are set.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PM me

When your friend buys the Z10 have him tell the person at the Rogers store that he doesn't want it activated and he'll set it up himself. Just insist a bit and they'll let him do it. Because he already has a Micro SIM in his S3 they won't give him a new one, they'll just tell him to move his SIM (which he wont do because he's not keeping the Z10). You also go to a Rogers store and buy a Micro SIM ($10) and ask them to transfer your plan to it. They'll switch your plan to the Micro SIM, then you can insert the Micro SIM into the Z10. How you move your data is up to you.
    Taylor Byrnes

Check out my apps in BlackBerry World - Developer of Memo Pad, VLC Remote, and more
    Z10 Limited Edition + Dev Alpha C + PlayBook
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

what do u mean move my data? i aleady have a 6gb plan?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,889 Global Posts

So your friend has an S3, already has an upgrade available, and is committing to new contract terms to give you the phone? WOW!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

Yeah man he's a good friend
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Has anyone had the same issue as me?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

I need the z10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast