Let me preface by saying I'm a long time BlackBerry user and love my z10 long-time. I use it daily for hours and it's causing problems in marriage. Here's a couple complaints I have which I hope get corrected in future OS updates...

Not sure if anyone else has noticed or experiencing the same...my BBM avatar pics are showing blurry every time.

I frequently do screen shots of funny pics online or Facebook (ecards, demotivational posters, etc) and post as my BBM profile pic. What's odd is that when I do the screen shot and view in my picture folder its as crisp and clear as the original pic. No problems there. But then when I post as my BBM avatar its posts blurry...it doesn't make any sense to me. Annoying.

Another gripe is the less than ideal word corrector magnifier. It's not accurate to where you're pointing, sometimes doesn't hit the spot at all and I'm forced to delete much more than intended and spend too much time on what should be a quick correction. This makes me miss the physical keyboard and trackpad in what is otherwise an enjoyable virtual keyboard experience.

Other than that I love this phone off. Looking forward to seeing incremental improvements, hopefully a little more customization, and better app selection.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 07:16 AM
    I don't have the problem with my BBM avatar pics, so maybe if you describe more precisely how you set yours up someone can help you change how you're doing it so it works better.

For the word magnifier, you seem unaware of the trick (only recently posted) whereby you can tap on the edges of it at the four compass points to have it move up, down, left, or right one line or character position. That makes it relatively painless to position correctly, since your initial tap need be only within one or two chars of the desired position. Give it a shot... I used to hate it too, but now it's just another part of the system that basically works and doesn't bother me in the least.
    02-22-13 08:00 AM
    Thanks for the response - using the magnifier

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 08:31 AM
    Whoops hit the post button by accident on that last one...

I'm aware that I can move the magnifier once selected, I'm just finding it cumbersome because your finger tends to block the view of where to specifically place the cursor. Just wish the initial position was more accurate...its very possible I just miss the trackpad accuracy and this is another learning curve I need to adapt to.

Re the BBM pic issue, I'm not doing anything crazy so I'm not sure why the pics keep showing blurry. I'm doing a screen shot (holding plus and minus volume keys which I love btw), and adding that pic to my BBM profile pic.

I just checked an example now and sure enough the pic is crystal clear in my pictures folder, but when I add to BBM profile it appears blurry. I'm guessing the file size is reduced when I do this hence the reduction in quality?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 08:42 AM
    Any solution to this ? If yes, please post....thanks
    11-19-13 07:15 PM
    Whoops hit the post button by accident on that last one...

I'm aware that I can move the magnifier once selected, I'm just finding it cumbersome because your finger tends to block the view of where to specifically place the cursor. Just wish the initial position was more accurate...its very possible I just miss the trackpad accuracy and this is another learning curve I need to adapt to.

Re the BBM pic issue, I'm not doing anything crazy so I'm not sure why the pics keep showing blurry. I'm doing a screen shot (holding plus and minus volume keys which I love btw), and adding that pic to my BBM profile pic.

I just checked an example now and sure enough the pic is crystal clear in my pictures folder, but when I add to BBM profile it appears blurry. I'm guessing the file size is reduced when I do this hence the reduction in quality?

Posted via CB10
    I experience the same issue with BBM profile pic, using snapshots. I assume the app is reducing resolution purposefully.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:35 PM