I wanted to get a bit of a feel for how people found the performance on the Z10 bluetooth. I have a BT car stereo and until the Z10 I always used an iPod with it which worked great. I've found when I listen to the same songs (particularly the ones with high treble) they almost sound like they clip or something. I compared the same song using the AUX headphone jack and it sounds perfect luckily, so it isn't an issue with the quality of the song or the Z10 itself. Since the iPod never had this issue over BT I wonder if its something that could be fixed with an update, or if its the nature of BT v4.0 vs the iPod BT v2.1

For reference, the song can be streamed here (sorry if it ins't your cup of tea lol)
    If you have the equipment feel free to compare the quality of the headphone jack VS the BT audio out.
    03-08-13 11:54 AM
    I thought I heard clipping on my bluetooth headset. I thought it was low battery or something... Very strange.
    03-08-13 02:00 PM
    Being a digital signal I find it hard to believe since pictures or anything else transfered doesn't end up corrupt... I just hope its not an issue with the low energy BT 4.0. I'm able to walk pretty far away from the stereo without losing connection so I'm not sure.
    03-08-13 03:19 PM
    Audio quality via BT is great for me. I've played music using the native player, Tunein Radio and Neutron Music Player. No clipping at all when I'm listening in my car via BT with any of those applications.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 04:01 PM
    I heard one clip now and the other 20 minutes, everything was okay. Weird.
    03-08-13 10:39 PM
    The audio sounds great in my car. I get a little bit more skipping in my house but the distances are greater and my phone get smoved around more.

It should be noted the BlueTooth antenna is located top and centre of the Z10. If you cover the spot behind the speaker with your finger the BlueTooth signal will be interrupted and the audio will skip.

What really impressed me was the ability to activate my BlueTooth speakers by pulling down the settings without having to pause the music. The competition's tablet forced me to close the music app then activate BlueTooth then relaunch the app.

Posted via CB10 while mixing with Pacemaker.
    Last edited by Just Me; 03-18-13 at 07:14 PM.
    03-09-13 05:50 PM
    I feel dumb now. I checked through the settings on the car stereo and found that BT audio was set to +6db which I assume was causing some distortion. With it set to +0db I can crank it and have no issues which seems weird... Why is that setting even in there?!

Anyway, go BB10, you rock! Sorry I ever doubted you lol
    03-18-13 11:59 AM