My Z10 died too. How mine went out is it started to act weird at first. This happened with an application: "call recorder". I don't know if the app has anything to do with the blackout but at first I got a message that this app's free trial was expired. So I didn't want to buy it and I deleted it from my phone. Then, although it never did this before and I never recorded a call with it before, it started to come up after I thought I'd uninstalled it (deleted it from the screen on my phone, not from the "my apps" section in BB app-world) after a call and tell me that it successfully recorded my call. So, the app was recording my calls every time, for a few calls. I'd hang up from a call and the app would give me a message that the call was successfully recorded. I didn't see the app anymore on my phone though and I'd never set it to record calls. I'd never actually used it. It just started to record my calls itself. So, I deleted it like a said but it still did it! Then I went online on BB app world and it was still in my installed list, so I uninstalled it. After I did this was when the trouble started, although I'm not sure it is related to the app. That same day without me doing anything else with my phone since uninstalling that app, it was just sitting on my desk, plugged-in and charging and I saw it just blue-screen and it went down. When it came back up, the screen was froze and looked kind of like when you are in safe-mode in windows, like with fuzzy icons. So, I tried to restart it, it blue-screened again and would not turn on at all from there. I took the battery out and went to sleep, woke up and when I put the battery back in, and hooked it to my computer, it surprised me because it started to come on, to boot up again. I forgot that I had left a BB auto-loader program running though, because that was the next thing I was going to try. I wasn't expecting the phone to just start turning on again though. I quickly turned that program off, but I think it was already connecting to the bootrom.
    I did try some other things before this, before I went to sleep. I had tried to reinstall the OS, which I had done before and I know how to, but the phone would not come on at all, so that wasn't working. I went to sleep with the battery out of the phone and when I put it back in a couple of hours later, it started to boot back up normally. I hooked it to my computer too and I had that Auto-loader program running I'd forgotten about. I shut the program off quickly as it was beginning to read the phone, because I forgot I had that program open already before I hooked the phone up. Once I saw the phone was about to actually start up and I saw that program beginning to read the phone, I wanted to stop the program because I figured I would just use BB link to reinstall the OS instead, if the phone was going to start-up for me. The phone wasn't turning on before, so I was going to try the Auto-loader program, that I'd never tried before.
    It blue screened again though and I am not sure if it would have anyway or if I did it by pulling the plug on the auto-loader program (shutting the program off when it began to read the phone).
    Now my phone won't boot-up at all. If I hold the power-button down for awhile it will give me one or two quick red flashes and then nothing. If I hook it to my PC and remove the battery, the red light will come on for awhile and then shut off and nothing. Neither BB link or the Auto-loader program will read anything from the phone. I'd also tried the BB updates link online with the same null effect. I have two batteries too. Both I believe were fully charged or nearly so. Neither do any good. Oh, and I did notice my phone was hot, which I thought was unusual, right after it blue-screened the first time. It was hot and unusually hot. I'm figuring then it might be a hardware failure. But which hardware? Something that can be replaced?
    I bought my Z10 off of Ebay about a year ago, never had any problems with it at all until now. It was unlocked but At-t branded. It was also the STL-00-3 version, so that was the latest one too because 4 is Verizon.
    So, does anyone know what the problem is, software, hardware? If software, what to do because I am all out of tactics. If hardware, what is the hardware problem and is it a part that can be replaced?
    Thanks for any help. I hope too that me adding this post will help show that this is somewhat common enough of a problem, because I've been searching for others this has happened to and there do seem to be quite a bit of people, even if not a majority. However, many people may be inclined not to even post their problem and just go buy a new phone. That's what I was doing, but then I decided to add my story and I am still hoping to rescue my Z10 somehow. I've only had it a year.
    One last thing: I also had all recent updates as of 12-05-14, both to the OS and to BB Hub.
    12-10-14 11:42 AM
    Rogers z10 Phone.

Had blue screen first appear after over a year and a half of use, notably a few months after installing quite a few outside .apk's.

Deleted them and then it didn't happen anymore. So I tried to re-add them.

Blue screens came back only 2 or 3 times before it eventually stopped turning on.

My guess is that the z10 isn't capable of running the .apk's internally.

Just a thought, has anyone got the blue screen that hasn't downloaded either an outside. Apk, or a port app from blackberry world?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 06:53 PM
    I occasionally get the blue screen on my older Z10 (bought at time of intro USA). Originally seems to have started when I loaded a ported Android app from BBworld. But maybe a coincidence. Otherwise, phone has no issues. My New phone (bought off ShopBBerry) no issues at all. Lots of Android apps aboard.
    01-27-15 07:55 PM
    Rogers z10 Phone.

Had blue screen first appear after over a year and a half of use, notably a few months after installing quite a few outside .apk's.

Deleted them and then it didn't happen anymore. So I tried to re-add them.

Blue screens came back only 2 or 3 times before it eventually stopped turning on.

My guess is that the z10 isn't capable of running the .apk's internally.

Just a thought, has anyone got the blue screen that hasn't downloaded either an outside. Apk, or a port app from blackberry world?

Posted via CB10
    I have experienced too of running of 1 mobile android app and got stuck and has to waiting with black screen and then sometimes display " waiting or close app" thank you

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 09:03 PM
    Anyone have a screen shot?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 09:09 PM
    Have mine for almost 2 years now, I've never seen this screen....

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 09:12 PM
    The blue screen of death happened on one of my Q10's. When it had no sim inserted then it was working perfectly, but then what's the use of that lol.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by WorldwideRemix; 01-29-15 at 02:01 AM.
    01-28-15 01:49 AM
    Both my mom and I have Z10s, and the blue screen happened on her Z10 a few times. Didn't kill the phone fortunately, but couldn't figure out what it was. Didn't bother calling blackberry or tmobile, because I didn't think anyone would offer a worthy solution. The phone was from T-Mobile.
    I've had a Z10 since release and never had this issue.

I've never even heard about it until just now.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-28-15 01:56 AM
    Screen simply goes blue. Let it reboot by itself. If you do a battery pull you can pooch it.
    01-28-15 02:58 AM
    Dear friend yesterday my z10 stl 100-3 stopped working and after I restart it by removing battery (power bottom didn't respond) it didn't boot and start working. after turning on the BB logo appears and loading progress continue to 100% but it steak in this mode and it didnt work. what should I do?
    I update it to 10.3.01.0938 by autoloader.
    the problem is that it don't connect to laptop that I can run autoload once again. because it steak in load progress screen with 100% progress and don't come to lock screen and the laptop cant recognize it
    01-28-15 09:01 AM
    I have experienced too of running of 1 mobile android app and got stuck and has to waiting with black screen and then sometimes display " waiting or close app" thank you

Posted via CB10
    This is not what I'm referring to.

.apk's occasionally get stuck, this is not the issue.

Im referring to a Blue Screen, and a completely unresponsive phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 02:17 PM
    Anyone have a screen shot?

Posted via CB10
    LOL, screen shot of dead phone!
    01-28-15 03:14 PM
    That's rare, it might just be the case that you got a defective device

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 07:18 PM
    This is not what I'm referring to.

.apk's occasionally get stuck, this is not the issue.

Im referring to a Blue Screen, and a completely unresponsive phone.

Posted via CB10
    If problem can't resolve by OS software and hard reset. Device send to authorised BlackBerry shop for inspection.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 08:20 PM
    I've had my Z10 about 2 yrs and never saw anything like that. Never even a reboot. (Damn! I just cursed myself.. knock on wood...)

Proud BB10 user. The best kept secret in mobile ;-)
    01-28-15 10:52 PM
    My z10 has done the same thing, blue screen of death, the first time it happened a battery pull fixed it, it happened a few more time now the phone is dead!! Now I'm back to my torch. I will not buy another z10 I'm going for the z30 if I can find one locally for verizon. Anyone know the durability of a z30? What about the speakers? Are they prone to the same problems as the z10?
    02-20-15 06:52 PM
    My z10 has done the same thing, blue screen of death, the first time it happened a battery pull fixed it, it happened a few more time now the phone is dead!! Now I'm back to my torch. I will not buy another z10 I'm going for the z30 if I can find one locally for verizon. Anyone know the durability of a z30? What about the speakers? Are they prone to the same problems as the z10?
    Z30 far exceeds the Z10 and isn't prone to the problems of the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 06:57 PM
    Ugh. My 2 1/2 year old Z10 just "Blue screened" and now it is dead. Tried to use link and then autoloader and it got to this stage (see attached screen shoot). I'm assuming this is not recoverable.....time for another phone.

Blue screen of death and BlackBerry isn't talking about it-screenshot-2016-07-13-10.36.49.png

Jason
    07-13-16 09:55 AM
    I have installed some apk files, and never had a "serious" blue screen issue, maybe 5 times of flickering blue screen in 2 and a half years of ownership.

They were fixed by closing the app, and restarting it. It looks like you just got a bad luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 02:05 PM
    Had this issue with my Z10 bought on release. Would get the Blue Screen and let recover on its own -- and never do a battery pull as others with this issue seemed to be zapping their phones by pulling the battery. On the latest OS (well, 2789 for WFC) and haven't seen a blue screen since. So, I supposed you can make a few more autoloader attempts..?
    07-14-16 09:48 AM
    My brother was using a Z10 which also got the blue screen. Than he restarted it, it worked for a few minutes and died again. Than restarted it again and now it doesn't respond at all expect for the red led glowing for about 10 seconds and stops again. I've tried to load a new OS but my computer doesn't detect the phone. Anyone know and other tricks to make it work?
    08-11-16 04:06 PM
121 ... 345