I just got the Blue LED issue on my new Z10. Strange thing is - if I put halfway into my BB case - it turns off. If I snugly put into the case - it turns back on. So, I took the z10 out of the case and applied a little pressure on the bottom - non-screen - part of the phone and the blue light turned off. When I let up on the pressure - it turned back on. So, looks like a hardware issue.

I find it very very strange that this occurs on numerous models of Blackberry phones - per the threads on this site. Isn't that odd? Well, this is my first experience with Blackberry - and I must say - I love the phone - but they do not have very good quality control on the hardware. the first one broke before I even left the AT&T store - the top off/lock button did not work. So, I got another one (again, before I even left the store). Now a couple days of use with the second Z10 - and bam - I have this problem with the blue LED.

I want to keep using my BB - but this is sort of crazy.
    03-29-13 07:55 PM
    How do you get a blue LED light on the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    brout likes this.
    03-29-13 08:12 PM
    How do you get a blue LED light on the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    I was wondering the same thing...
    03-29-13 08:18 PM
    Get Iphone or Andriod.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 08:19 PM
    Blue LED use to mean you are connected to a blue tooth device. You can change it in the settings, I haven't tried this on my Z10 yet...let me look.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 08:20 PM
    I turned off the bluetooth - and turned off all the Notifications LED switches - no luck.
    03-29-13 08:25 PM
    hummm - strange response (about getting iPhone or Android). I left iPhone and Android. I want a BB - just want it to work.
    03-29-13 08:26 PM
    Really your life outside of mommies basement means something.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, man, who pissed on your corn flakes?
    h20work likes this.
    03-29-13 08:36 PM
    I know it's probably pretty irritating after already having one break on you, but if it's a hardware issue like you suspect, I would recommend taking it up with your carrier in order to get a replacement unit. It's a shame you're having such hardware issues with the Z10, my experience with BlackBerry hardware has been superb.
    03-29-13 09:02 PM
    Wow, man, who pissed on your corn flakes?
    Just annoying him. Life's to short to mattet.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:06 PM
    Why are some people dickheads? I guess they are that way all the time. A true looser
    03-29-13 09:14 PM
    I get a blue light notification as well for my Craigslist app. I have it set to notify me when certain items is posted for sale.
    03-29-13 09:22 PM
    Just annoying him. Life's to short to mattet.

Posted via CB10
    Guess it doesn't MATTER that you can't figure out the keyboard on your new Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:27 PM
    Everyone grow up.

Anyway, I have yet to see any color LED on my Z10 save red. Good old red. Three times faster, they say. It's not a Bluetooth connection indicator like it used to be. At least, it didn't come on when I paired my Wiimote with my Z10. Check any applications for notifications, like the aforementioned Craigslist notification, perhaps?
    03-29-13 09:34 PM
    Thank you all for the time you have taken to respond to my post.

BTW - I was surprised by how much I like BB. I had an iPhone since inception. Got rid of it last year to get Galaxy SIII. Good phone - but, when the Z10 came out - I was intrigued as a consumer. I read the reviews - and found them, at times, totally false. For example: one respected reviewer said that the speaker volume is low for conference calls. Ou Contraire - I found the Z10 had the loudest speaker of any phone - almost twice as loud.

I am rooting for BB success. I want to see them stay in the game. I was happy with it - but the two immediate hardware issues dampened my enthusiasm.

I love groups like Crackberry community. I guess I have become a fanboy = But when a group sees the products as fulfilling a need, and that the technology is exciting, I can understand such devotion.

thanks again
    03-30-13 09:42 AM