Yesterday I came away from the launch event feeling a wee bit let down. But after taking a few hours to consider it I realize why. Blackberry (RIM) launched a fantastic product yesterday, the only problem was they had shown off all the moving parts before then. And I am not talking about leaks, no, released info coming from RIM itself. They had already shown of the amazing camera feature, they had shown of the wicked keyboard, they had shown of the stupendous hub and they had shown off the great multitasking interface. The problem is, once all of that was shown, there was nothing to surprise people again, except that we were told to expect even greater things - including a post on crackberry by one of the staff after he had a hands on experience. So yesterday all the tech reporters and "ordinary laymen" like myself sat glued to computers and we saw the same things we had seen before with nothing new. There was no wow moment, now people are surprised that the tech reporters are going ...meh... I saw Thor trying to rouse people when a feature was shown, and there wasn't the resounding applause you would expect. I actually felt a little sorry for him. The thing was, every wow moment had already been shown to the press. Remember when people were wowing over the lock screen? That there was even an app for that? Remember when people wowed over the freakishly brilliant keyboard? In my humble opinion a lot of those things should have been kept under wraps till the unveiling yesterday.

I think RIM (Blackberry) need to take a page from Samsung's book. Everyone knew what software was going to run on Samsung's GS3, yet Samsung managed a wow factor mainly because they managed expectations brilliantly. They got bashed for always making a plasticky phone, it not feeling as "refined, luxurious" as Apple's Iphone or the numerous HTC phones. Now compare where Samsung is and where the Iphone and HTC phones are? I think Blackberry still needs a better marketing machine even with Frank on board.

All I am saying is Blackberry needs to manage expectations better, you need to leave something for your last hurrah, something that will knock peoples sock off. If you were going to show the entire software then the phone should have been something that wasn't leaked yet. Anything, but you need to hold something back. Anyways, I am getting the white Z10 once it hits Tmobile. I hope all this nonsense about verizon exclusive is just that, nonsense. I have used an HTC Amaze 4g for the past year, just waiting for this, now I am ready. Lets get this show on the road.
    h20work and imz like this.
    01-31-13 07:05 AM
    A lot of the things they showed yesterday, I hadn't seen yet. Like the BBM video chat and the screen share which I was freaking out over. Also I love the Story Maker and Blackberry Remember which I just found out about yesterday.

Can't wait to get this phone!
    01-31-13 07:27 AM
    I think people were expecting a freakin magic trick or circus du soleil. It's a sweet phone and im leaving my note 2 for it
    01-31-13 07:36 AM