Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by tdleon View Post
    I dont think there will be any case! RIM need to encourage after market suppliers to support their products, not give them away
    There are so many after market suppliers that I don't think RIM is worried about stepping on their toes. They need RIM as much as RIM needs them.
    bbecause it's bbetter
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,685 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    I wish they would start using a belt clip rather than a holster. Popping it out of the clip is so much faster and efficient than sliding it out of a holster. IMO

Sent from my game boy color
    I prefer the belt clip holster because at least I know the clip won't break or the phone won't accidentally clip out and fall.
    And if the holster clip breaks, well at least it's in the holster so it's protected.
    QWKSNKE and deezy87 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,685 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBerry101 View Post
    Where the **** in Canada do you live where it is shorts ALL year round?
    Well, maybe he's one of those people that wears shorts all year round?
    I'm in Toronto and I had a friend who wore shorts in the Winter! He lived at residence on UofT campus, so he only had to walk like 5-10 minutes outside, but still. SHORTS IN THE WINTER!
    CrackBerry Genius

My Telus 9900 came with a holster, My Rogers 9900 came with nothing.
    Really? Are you sure? Because I have Rogers and I got the clip holster. I have friends that work at Telus headoffice and they have told me they had to buy or "receive" a clip holster. So I think you got it mixed up
    Be a follower, follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/quicksilv3r
    CrackBerry Genius

If you are asking me if I wear shorts all year around? I stated ALL the time IN THE SUMMER.... But when I'm at home, in the middle of winter like today, I'm in shorts lounging around. So technically I am in shorts year around
    Be a follower, follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/quicksilv3r
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

I wouldn't mind a clip, holster, or pouch. As long as it is somewhat protected until I can be an accessory ***** lol.
    MBL! = Much Berry Love
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    You can NOT wear a clip holster with shorts. I live in Australia. For all that is holy, I need to be able to put it in my pocket!! I always make a habit of using my left pocket for phone and nothing else.
    For all that is holy you can not wear a clip holster or any other holster. I do the same as you. Phone in left, everything else in right.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    You can NOT wear a clip holster with shorts. I live in Australia. For all that is holy, I need to be able to put it in my pocket!! I always make a habit of using my left pocket for phone and nothing else.
    For all that is holy you can not wear a clip holster or any other holster. I do the same as you. Phone in left, everything else in right.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24EF8E5A

When I got my 9800 and 9810 . . . . both were just the phone in the box.
    "Do not boast old woman, your death sits in that cage."
    PIN- 24EF8E5A
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts

Only true believers want holsters . RIM has been so smart in their marketing to date, I would be surprised if they ship with a holster. It would be better to offer up choices via the vendor ... maybe a store credit. That way consumers can have what they want. The X10 is different ... the holster goes with the whole image. The target audience would rather use a case for their touch phone.

At one time I thought I wanted a holster because that was what you had if you owned a BB. I used a holster until it flipped off and I lost a BB9900 . It would only come unclipped as I was exiting a car ... no other time. Now I use a BB pouch. Regardless, the cost of a holster, case or pouch is not a big deal in the big picture.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

There's no telling. RIM didn't ship a case with the all-touch Torch, and judging by what's available OEM from RIM, I doubt it.

Like Bbnivende said, if the X10 is the Bold successor, I think only it would get a leather pouch with belt clip.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,685 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bbnivende View Post
    Only true believers want holsters . RIM has been so smart in their marketing to date, I would be surprised if they ship with a holster. It would be better to offer up choices via the vendor ... maybe a store credit. That way consumers can have what they want. The X10 is different ... the holster goes with the whole image. The target audience would rather use a case for their touch phone.

At one time I thought I wanted a holster because that was what you had if you owned a BB. I used a holster until it flipped off and I lost a BB9900 . It would only come unclipped as I was exiting a car ... no other time. Now I use a BB pouch. Regardless, the cost of a holster, case or pouch is not a big deal in the big picture.
    Flipped off and lost a BB9900? What happened? I've dropped my phone while in the holster plenty of times but it is still perfectly fine.

Edit: Wait, you mean the belt clips? and not the holsters?
    E.g the one where you just clip the phone in, instead of sliding it into a holster/pouch that is clipped to your belt?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts

No a Holster. For some reason the holster and phone together would fall off when leaving the car. Dead of winter in a parking lot. I did not realized that it was gone right away and went back but SOME **** picked it up ( I know because he called me from a Subway fast food place but hung up ) . I did however have insurance on the phone and replaced it for $150. The weird thing about the holster ( OEM 9900) was that it was difficult to take off and yet it would pop off on it's own. Anyway I like the pouch better. In ye olden days I used one of those plastic cradles. Those were great for the "quick draw" while at work. My adult children would not use a holster if you paid them and not many women would use a holster either ... so I don't think it would be very clever to include a holster for the New z10.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    914 Global Posts

Default BlackBerry Z10 - What will be in the box? Holster?

Come on obviously its going to have a holster that's blackberry tradition!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Canada BBM Channel C001234A4
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #40  

We are getting so close!!! Hopefully Telus will have a holster!! Then all i need to get is a screen protector. If not i may venture over to an otter box. I know they are bulky but i need the protection from work and my 2 kids!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts

Talking about screen protectors - I tried it but didn't like it. I want nothing between me and the glass ! BUT ... what screen protectors are worth buying ?
    CrownIsle likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,272 Global Posts
    PIN
    G-14 classified / PM me

Holster guys vs. Clip guys vs Pocket guys...Fight! Fight! Fight! LOL People, can we not raise ourselves above this bickering and unify in the understanding that all forms of BB10 device carriers are glorious?

*stands in the back of the crowd and yells," holster and pocket guys suk!" LOL
    Thanked by:
    CrownIsle (01-27-2013) 
    CrownIsle likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey....

Most of the time my phone is protected with a cheap plastic case and it stays in my work vehicle most of the day (as my work vehicle is my "office"). The rest of the time, I remove the case and put it in the holster.

I think that the Z10 will include some sort of carrying case, as they did include a neoprene sleeve for the PlayBook. I'm thinking something along the lines of a silicone skin case.
    CrackBerry Addict

0:11-0:23 - so true ; >
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,272 Global Posts
    PIN
    G-14 classified / PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Seijuro View Post

0:11-0:23 - so true ; >
    LOL good one.
    "DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE...IF YOUR AWESOME!" Rhino
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,272 Global Posts
    PIN
    G-14 classified / PM me

Deleted double post
    "DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE...IF YOUR AWESOME!" Rhino
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,471 Global Posts

I would like to see the Z10 come with at least a pocket holster. i dont think im a big fan of the swivel holster anymore. I'd imagine that it will come with some type of screen cloth, charger/usb, and too much paper work.
    Curve 8300 then....Q10 now

Music/Film/Tech
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot Prop View Post
    I would like to see the Z10 come with at least a pocket holster. i dont think im a big fan of the swivel holster anymore. I'd imagine that it will come with some type of screen cloth, charger/usb, and too much paper work.
    As long as the paperwork contains some basic instructions I'm ok with it. Failing that, I've no doubt we'll find out all we need to know on here!
    9000 > 9800 and now BB Z10 and 32GB PlayBook glued to my person!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24EF8E5A

CJH315- where do you get your clips from?
    "Do not boast old woman, your death sits in that cage."
    PIN- 24EF8E5A
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Where the **** in Canada do you live where it is shorts ALL year round?
    He did say all the time in the summer time
    Though, in Vancouver you can wear shorts all year round. I see people wearing shorts every day here... the coldest it gets in winter is about +5C (too cold for me to wear shorts though...)
    957 -> 6710 -> 8310 -> 8350 -> 9700 -> 9900 -> iPhone 4S -> Z30?!
    Currently carrying: Bold 9900 & iPhone 4S
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast