1. Google calendar sync is supported, even CalDav. when you set up your gmail account it'll automatically add contacts, calendar, email sync.
    2. Facebook app is like iOS and Android version, fast and slick.
    3. GTalk is supported

Some questions I hope can be answered:

1. Does the Calendar sync with Google calendar? I've read conflicting things.
    2. Is the Facebook App good ? When you post does it say it is from a BlackBerry device?
    3. Is Google Talk supported?
    Loiter and austriker like this.
    02-01-13 09:30 AM
    I used to be a dedicated Blackberry user and loved the fixed keyboard. So two questions.......does the fixed keyboard have the same intuitive word support that the touch screen has..(I suspect not).........and second, can you purchase an unlocked Z10. I work internationally and need to be able to switch to a local carrier.
    02-01-13 09:49 AM
    What happens when your in the Hub in an SMS conversation and you swipe up and leave the Hub.. When you go back in is the conversation still open or are you at the Hub overview?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    02-01-13 09:51 AM
    Why do you want your call history empty? Who wants that? Anyways, I couldnt find these settings, but you can sort it out from BB Hub. If you don't want them to show up in Hub, you can just disable it. But almost everyone wants to have call history unless you have something to hide. Anyways, there's an option to clear call log or call duration in Phone app.

There's an option to sort email accounts in Hub. You can select what accounts should show up in Hub, if you disable them, they'll be in separate account list. So, yes to this question.

You can disable fetching information from cloud services. But if it's your colleague, then it'll bring the list of email and appointments there.

You can select searched items from individual apps but you cannot restrict them.

Yes, you can delete specific conversation from text messages.

It seems to me, you're trying to hide someone so that your wife won't find out about him/her. If you have email exchanges or text messages, universal search will find out about them. You cannot just hide an email account inbox like you did in BB7, they'll still be visible in as a separate account. you can regularly clear call log, but it cannot disable somewhere, and I dont know any other platform that can do it.

Is there a settings that allows the z10 not to keep call history and if not what are the options for the amount of time to keep call history?

I like the way BB7 and older BBOS allowed a user to keep different email accounts inboxes separate from each other and I want to know if there a way to do that in B10, maybe filter out an email account in the hub unless you manually pick to view it.

In the B10 documents release they mention about BB10 fetching information from the web when you put in a contact, if that feature holds to be true is there away to turn that feature off?

Are there any settings in unversial search that allows you to customize it, like for example prevent it from searching your phone or the web?

When you are using text messaging are you able to delete specific text in a conversation?

Is there a data limit setting on the z10 that caps your data usuage?
    IceCold357 likes this.
    02-01-13 09:51 AM
    It'll come back to Sms view or the view you left last. You won't loose any data, even if you want to get out of conversation, it'll save it as a draft or give a prompt what to do. Hub is like always there and running in real time.

What happens when your in the Hub in an SMS conversation and you swipe up and leave the Hub.. When you go back in is the conversation still open or are you at the Hub overview?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Rickroller and study_lady like this.
    02-01-13 09:53 AM
    I would buy Z10 if I were you. If you have excellent virtual keyboard, why would you go with physical keyboar + small screen. They will offer unlocked one as well, but you have to talk to the carriers you want. I suggest you to buy Z10 from the region you travel much. Anyways, they differ only in LTE bands, but I don't think you'll use LTE in all regions.

I used to be a dedicated Blackberry user and loved the fixed keyboard. So two questions.......does the fixed keyboard have the same intuitive word support that the touch screen has..(I suspect not).........and second, can you purchase an unlocked Z10. I work internationally and need to be able to switch to a local carrier.
    02-01-13 09:57 AM
    Yes you can. LinkedIn, Facebook and twitter is limited to one.

I use patternlock on my Torch only because the soft key at the top was constantly unlocking the phone in my pocket. It's not for security at all, just easier than typing a password for me. One flaw of patternlock, is if you're ever in an emergency it is really really difficult trying to explain to someone else how to unlock it to call for help.

PS.... I have a question, too! Can you have 2 Gmail accounts synced at the same time?
    madx80h likes this.
    02-01-13 09:59 AM
    Contacts is like Hub where you have all contacts and separate folders for them. you can link contacts to have a merged one and unlink them again if you want. If it sees the same email it'll merge them automatically.

Question.. if you have 2 EAS accounts setup.. does BB10 create 2 separate contacts lists? or will it pool the contacts, thus syncing the contacts from the first account with the second?
    02-01-13 10:01 AM
    How about an article regarding downloading BlackBerry Link and the transfer of data from old BlackBerry to the new Z10?
    02-01-13 10:05 AM
    You can create folders but cannot hide them. BB7 had limited space/home screen but in BB10 you can have unlimited apps and folders, you can pack all unuseful apps in a folder and put at the end, or delete them completely. If you have a big collection of apps, it will be difficult to find them (I had the same experience in iPod touch and android). you can find them with universal search easily.

Can you like in old Blackberries, make new folders, move them into other places, and even hide/hidden folders and Files?

In the old Blackberry, you could and could find them with "Explore"
    02-01-13 10:05 AM
    I heard in an interview that BIS works with a normal SIM card (or previous BIS plan) and it's as secure as previous BIS. Push email is the same as before, i didnt see any delays.

am looking forward to get a Z10 device in few days in London. As a loyal BlackBerry freak I don't understand if Z10 works on BIS or I will need to get another TCP/IP plan? If there is no BIS, is it going to be secure? How would BBM work? What will happen to push email??? Neither my carrier nor @BlackBerryHelp could answer my questions.

Please HELP
    study_lady likes this.
    02-01-13 10:08 AM
    I got my z10 from EE yesterday, and frustratingly my BBM is not working. Everytime i try to open the application it says

BBM Error
    Unable to Connect
    You need a data plan to use BBM. Please contact your service provider for details.

All other data applications like email facebook and twitter work fine, my signal has the capital G in it, and theres a blackberry logo next to the signal.
    If this doesnt get solved by tomorrow, im taking it back.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
    02-01-13 10:34 AM
    No BIS is effectively free on a BB10- I'm using Twitter and Outlook mail without any SIM, without BBID signed in. Four dots.
    If you skimmed the thread earlier, you'd have you answer ;p
    That means nothing. What about BBM? That is the only way I can think of to really tell if BIS is needed or not.

I got my z10 from EE yesterday, and frustratingly my BBM is not working. Everytime i try to open the application it says

BBM Error
    Unable to Connect
    You need a data plan to use BBM. Please contact your service provider for details.

All other data applications like email facebook and twitter work fine, my signal has the capital G in it, and theres a blackberry logo next to the signal.

That's more like it. So some level of BIS is still required.

ark1g09, do you have BIS? If answer is no, there is your solution: Get BIS.

I've seen that they mentioned we'd still need BIS, but that was pretty much everything they said. Now I guess we know.
    02-01-13 10:35 AM
    Thats a good question - I was on the phone with my provider EE for one hour today and one hour yesterday, and they adamantly stated that i do not need a booster. To be fair though, they said they pretty much dont know anything as everything was moving too fast and was as stumped about this problem as I am.

In the end, I think they tried to add a booster onto my plan, and i have to qait a couple of hours to find out if itll fix the problem.

This is what happens when you release one day after launch!
    diegonei likes this.
    02-01-13 10:46 AM
    Is there a way to lock the screen orientation?

IOW, can you lay sideways and not have the screen flip - if you don't want it to?
    02-01-13 10:53 AM
    Does the Remember app include an option to make task list?
    02-01-13 10:57 AM
    Is there a way to lock the screen orientation?

IOW, can you lay sideways and not have the screen flip - if you don't want it to?
    Yeah there's rotation lock. Swipe from the top you get your settings tap on Rotation Lock. This feature has been Screenshot already so that's why I knew and I'm American.
    meganVee and madx80h like this.
    02-01-13 11:07 AM
    If I use the same BBID on the Z10 as my 9900, will the app purchases on my 9900 stop working? I know this was the case (for obvious reasons) when I had to replace my 9900. My old 9900 licenses were transferred to the new device. I will create a new BBID for the Z10 if I can't keep both going at the same time. Just need to know before Tuesday
    02-01-13 11:13 AM
    1. Have you guys slept since getting the Z10?

2. Any battery pull kinda issue to date?
    02-01-13 11:39 AM
    Is it works with MS Office 365? How about MS Lync?
    Not sure about O365.

Lync client is on the roadmap for ~March. Internal betas are in use right now, so said BlackBerry employees.
    02-01-13 11:54 AM
    Played with a friends Z10 from the launch event...
    Where are Level 1 messages?? and filters...
    02-01-13 11:54 AM
    Have not seen Cinnamon Toast (not implemented on Lock Screen yet??)

I have witnessed French Toast in the Browser, while deleting Bookmarks.
    bquinney likes this.
    02-01-13 12:00 PM
    Athis has been interesting me. Does BBM work without a BIS plan now? I really want BBM but I don't want to pay $5 a month. I would pay $2 though!
    Yes. Works on WIFI with no plan.
    meltbox360 likes this.
    02-01-13 12:04 PM

BBM Error
    Unable to Connect

Yep !!! Call your service provider.
    02-01-13 12:09 PM
    I had asked a question about the alarm snooze but what I meant is if it can be changed on the fly like what Kevin showed us in post

New BlackBerry Tip: How to change the Snooze time for calendar reminders directly from the popup! | CrackBerry.com
    02-01-13 12:10 PM
355 ... 7891011 ...