There is an inspection app called horizon mobile (android) that I'd love to know if it works. I'm not a droid fan and my trusty 9700 is at end of life. Would you try it for me please? Appreciate the help especially as I have to make a business decision real soon on the phone and I really want to stay true to BB. Cheers!
    Novaone likes this.
    01-31-13 01:48 PM
    Are the notification lights that are typically red customizable like with the latest update for the 9860?
    01-31-13 02:17 PM
    2 Questions:

1. Is Whatsapp already released and if so, how is it?

2. Is there any way, to see the traffic of your mobile data and maybe an messages counter and minutes-counter?
    01-31-13 02:25 PM
    Hey egzbuen and others, if you are talking about your 9900 the camera is going to be alot nicer! Probably nicest BB camera yet, it is fast, video is good, white balance is good. Against the competition that might not be enough. Low light and detail suffers etc. But I have not actually tested it. Stay tuned for some comparison - or wait for CB's, the review said one is on the way.

Battery I'll let you know.
    01-31-13 02:39 PM
    I would like to know about gtalk...
    Is it available to download?
    Is the performance decent?

When you use the earphones for a call, how do you feel the call? The same for music

Thanks a lot
    01-31-13 02:39 PM
    There's favorites list, both in contacts and phones app. If you add a contact to favorite, it'll show up in top of the phone or contacts app. This replaces speed dial I guess.

So there's no favorites list? How about speed dial? Can you assign numbers to the dialpad digits?
    01-31-13 02:54 PM

When you use the earphones for a call, how do you feel the call? The same for music

Thanks a lot
    Google Talk is in BlackBerry World BlackBerry World - Google Talk
    01-31-13 02:57 PM
    Gtalk and yahoo messenger is available to download from AppWorld. It has basic chatting features, integrated to BB Hub and account management. Notification is also customizable. Performance is also very good.

What do you mean by feeling the call with earphones? During call you'll see HD icon on the corner, call quality is excellent. I noticed BBM Voice/Video has much more clear audio quality than gsm call.

Thanks a lot
    austriker and study_lady like this.
    01-31-13 02:58 PM
    There's favorites list, both in contacts and phones app. If you add a contact to favorite, it'll show up in top of the phone or contacts app. This replaces speed dial I guess.
    Good to hear that...thanks.

Another thing, can someone check to see if the voice control is capable of applying a phone feature. For example, can I give it a command to activate speaker mode?
    01-31-13 03:01 PM
    It's correct that you cannot set volume for each individual app but you can set custom music/tone from device or memory card to any app you want. There's also predefined Normal/Phone Calls/Vibrate/Silent/All alerts off profiles in notifications.

There is no way to set individual volume for anything - one profile, one volume. Yes that sucks especially if you use custom tones and they're not all normalized and compressed (dynamically, not file size) to be uniformly loud.

I haven't found a way to disable BBM voice or video.

And just a note that when you switch to BB10, your BBM status is automatically updated to "I made the switch to Blackberry 10." Great, now I have my entire BBM contact list BBMing me "REALLY!?!?" so much for low-key surprise.
    01-31-13 03:07 PM
    Nope. You can call, send sms or email a contact with subject and message body, some features are not available yet.

Good to hear that...thanks.

Another thing, can someone check to see if the voice control is capable of applying a phone feature. For example, can I give it a command to activate speaker mode?
    dynot likes this.
    01-31-13 03:09 PM
    Call Volume. How is the speaker for the ear and how is speaker phone? How is call quality?
    01-31-13 03:10 PM
    How do the voice commands compare to Siri? The few reviews I have read seem to say poorly.
    I would like to say it could use polishing, but its accurate and faster than I thought and pretty powerful, because of reminders, Email and BBM, alarms, search engines and universal search! Voice commands are nicer than Microsoft's Tell Me, with one exception - it can not do location or a map search for nearby places "like find pizza" :|
    For Siri, I have to try Siri more. Voice Control has no personality, but is productive.

I have not seen the toast in action. Lol, I would like too.

Why did you start this thread? BTW I don't care I won't be hear to read the answer anyways.....
    Why did you post in this thread?

Also, I was sober, Jag when I created this thread. I did not use the Carlu's washrooms ha ha, RealEstate.
    01-31-13 03:16 PM
    Google Talk is in BlackBerry World BlackBerry World - Google Talk
    So happy to read this, thank you
    01-31-13 03:18 PM
    Are pictures taken in the dark really that ****ty?
    01-31-13 03:19 PM
    Gtalk and yahoo messenger is available to download from AppWorld. It has basic chatting features, integrated to BB Hub and account management. Notification is also customizable. Performance is also very good.

What do you mean by feeling the call with earphones? During call you'll see HD icon on the corner, call quality is excellent. I noticed BBM Voice/Video has much more clear audio quality than gsm call.
    Yes, that was my question about the call, sorry I am not english speaker

Thank you so much for this information, I really appreciate this
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    01-31-13 03:20 PM
    Can you make folders?
    01-31-13 03:27 PM
    VPN options are the same as on the playbook, just the boring business ones and not consumer ones unfortunately.
    Can someone confirm if the Z10 or Q10 has IKEv2 VPN (the PlayBook does)... Thanks!
    01-31-13 03:30 PM
    How does the media server work?
    01-31-13 03:33 PM
    Yes, when you drag an app on top of another it'll automatically create a new folder and asks the user to give a name. The name of the folder can always be changed and moved to any point of home screen. You can leave the folder by swiping up (which I find very intuitive because its easier to swipe up than to tap on a small 'back' button) to return to home screen.
    Can you make folders?
    austriker likes this.
    01-31-13 03:34 PM
    Yes it does have it.

Can someone confirm if the Z10 or Q10 has IKEv2 VPN (the PlayBook does)... Thanks!
    01-31-13 03:35 PM
    If you have any TV or media player which supports DLNA you can watch the videos or pictures over any DLNA supported device over the air wirelessly. Just play a video > open menu > Play on any device or HDMI connected device.

Make sure to enable media sharing from settings.

How does the media server work?
    01-31-13 03:38 PM
    is it BB 10 still required BIS to activate internet service and emails?
    01-31-13 03:41 PM
    Yes folders are easy! Also if you missed it, you can arrange your 'app pages' how you wish like on PlayBook.
    But icons will slide around as you drag them or if you put some in a folder or remove them from a page. Standard.

Can you confirm if the 30 day sync maximum has been lifted for email accounts? This is a tipping point for me.
    I just added my Outlook webmail, perhaps a imap or pop setup is different, but 30 days sync was the limit :/ Not sure how long messages can be stored yet either, ie 'forever" on BBOS

BlackBerry.com specs does not state there is a convenience key. Is this true?
    True. I thought maybe the middle key between the Vol buttons could be programmed, but no.
    01-31-13 03:43 PM
    No BIS is effectively free on a BB10- I'm using Twitter and Outlook mail without any SIM, without BBID signed in. Four dots.
    If you skimmed the thread earlier, you'd have you answer ;p

is it BB 10 still required BIS to activate internet service and emails?
    Waqiuddin likes this.
    01-31-13 03:49 PM
355 ... 34567 ...