I finally got my Blackberry Z10 few days a go and I want to inform you that I managed to connect my Z10 to VPN servers with Super VPN - PPTP and Open VPN Anonymous Web Surfing Services provider with which I got vpn account for more than 1 year. Configuration is pretty simple. All you need to do is to install their SSL certificates on your device than setup connect and connect with just one click. You can even setup auto-connect feature which is amazing new thing in Blackberry OS 10 .

Whole guide can be found here

How To Setup Blackberry VPN Plan On Blackberry Z10 / Q10 | Super VPN Support Blog

I prefer their service because they use 2 SSL certificates to encrypt whole connection which is much more secure than keyword encryption.

Z10 Rocks!
    03-29-13 01:50 PM
    Is it possible to setup a third-party VPN service on your phone? I didn't think you needed to get a cert installed on your phone to connect to a VPN service...
    03-29-13 01:57 PM
    Is it possible to setup a third-party VPN service on your phone? I didn't think you needed to get a cert installed on your phone to connect to a VPN service...
    Yes it is possible. Blackberry OS 10 support fully connection to 3rd party VPN Servers which use IPSEC protocol eg Cisco routers etc. This service I use with SuperVPN is 3rd party VPN service . They have more than 20 worldwide locations - 6 different location in US only. This allows me to switch between countries to access certain services via my Z10 device.

For cert encryption - You dont need on Z10 you can choose between keyword encryption and certificate encryption , but I prefer certificate encryption because it is much stronger/more secure than keyword.
    03-29-13 03:14 PM
    There are much easier ways to use third party vpn on blackberry with z10. Unlike supervpn www.witopia.com dose not need a certificate to be installed and is pretty much straight forward setup. Has a lot of servers and is pretty reliable. But it eventually is individual choice. Give it a look and decide. Enjoy the anonymity.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:32 PM
    Thank you very much for the information and the great tutorial
    03-30-13 06:00 AM
    Has anyone managed to set up vpn with overplay.net? They offer so many servers around the world. It's paid service only but ok.
    I haven't been able to set it up with my z10. Can anyone tell me which settings I must use?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:22 AM
    Has anyone managed to set up vpn with overplay.net? They offer so many servers around the world. It's paid service only but ok.
    I haven't been able to set it up with my z10. Can anyone tell me which settings I must use?

overplay.net uses openvpn and pptp protocols which do not work with blackberry. To use a vpn on blackberry you need to use one of the ipsec protocols or others ... Do a search for vpn on z10 you will get all the info needed.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    I dont think that is possible because Overplay dont use ipsec vpn protocol. Check Supervpn website at http://www.supervpn.net/blackberry-z10-vpn.html they also have more than 20 worldwide country locations available.
    04-03-13 03:26 AM
    Setup & Use IPSEC VPN
    Click on settings
    Go to network connections
    Click on VPN
    Fill in the required setting:
    Click ADD NEW VPN PROFILE
    Name the profile
    Input a gateway/server location
    Gateway type: Cisco Secure PIX Firewall VPN
    Authentication Type: XAUTH-PSK
    Group Username: leave blank
    Group Password: vpntraffic
    Hard Token: leave unchecked
    Enter your VPN username
    Enter your VPN password
    Save and Connect
    Blackberry Z10 VPN Guide-black_z101.jpg
    check vpntraffic.com
    05-24-13 01:06 PM
    There are much easier ways to use third party vpn on blackberry with z10. Unlike supervpn www.witopia.com dose not need a certificate to be installed and is pretty much straight forward setup. Has a lot of servers and is pretty reliable. But it eventually is individual choice. Give it a look and decide. Enjoy the anonymity.
    I used witopia.com about a week and found instable connection from time to time with they host (I tried three different servers) over mobile network. I think that this is no witopia but using Cisco Secure PIX firewall protocol.
    So now I'm usign PureVPN service wich is more cheaper especially now, when they have crazy PureVPN birthday discounts. If you are buying 1 year package one month price will be about only 4 USD.
    But I faced with some installation problems wich was successfully resolved after few hours of mindstorm
    So now all fine and I'm happy with new VPN.
    06-08-13 10:51 AM
    Looks like the leaked version of 10.2.1 has limited OpenVPN support.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...a100-x-856794/

Quoting:

"OpenVPN makes an appearance (No UI)"
    10-03-13 05:15 PM
    Nice!

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01, OS 10.1 MR, Etisalat, UAE
    10-03-13 06:01 PM
    I use Super VPN for some time now and I would recommend them to everyone. They offer Blackberry Plan for my Q10 and you can use it for other BB devices. Their service is stable and secure, had no issues for over a year I subscribed to Super VPN. Previously, I couldnt find stable Blackberry solution with other VPN providers since connection always timed out and installation procedure was very complicated. You can check this at SuperVPN
    12-08-13 07:33 PM
    I use Super VPN for some time now and I would recommend them to everyone.

Do you have any association with that company?

People with one single forum post which touts a commercial service tend to come under more than usual scrutiny.
    12-08-13 09:47 PM
    Hello experts
    Please help me. I purchased vpn service for 1 year from pure vpn they have 49 $ yearly offer and it supports BlackBerry 10 but the problem I can't connect to the service. Please help me with clear step also I'm using leak 10.2.1.1055 I hope no problem from the leak it self
    Otherwise I will lose my money
    Awaiting your help
    Thanks all
    My device z10
    Stl100-1

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 09:49 AM
    Hello experts
    Please help me. I purchased vpn service for 1 year from pure vpn they have 49 $ yearly offer and it supports BlackBerry 10 but the problem I can't connect to the service. Please help me with clear step also I'm using leak 10.2.1.1055 I hope no problem from the leak it self
    Awaiting your help
    Thanks all
    My device z10
    Stl100-1

If they are claiming BlackBerry 10 compatibility, one would think they would give you technical support, since you are paying them actual money for this service.

Do they not provide technical support or documentation?
    12-09-13 10:00 PM
    Hello experts
    Awaiting your help
    Thanks all

Here is PureVPN's tutorial for BlackBerry 10 devices:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=nBHDx5hj
    12-09-13 10:08 PM
    Is our z10 leak 10.2.1.1055working with vpn or it have problems

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 11:39 PM
    Is our z10 leak 10.2.1.1055working with vpn or it have problems

I personally have not seen reports of VPN problems, but I would recommend you check the threads on that OS release here for more details. For example:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-fixes-873158/

Did you follow the PureVPN tutorial I posted a link to above?
    12-09-13 11:52 PM
    I'm glad to report that in the OS 10.2.1 there is no any bugs in IKEv2 connections.
    So I would like to recomend again PureVPN service.
    They are now suppoting 5 (!) multilogins at one account for the same price.
    I think this is best proposal at market now.
    Do you still have to locate certificates from elsewhere? Or is it working as they advertise now. Also, they boast a rather large number of servers, but which of those are available for IKEv2 use? They are a bit sketchy on details.
    02-25-14 12:20 PM