Hello guys,

i just switch my Z10 to Tmobile, i signed up for the value plan with unlimited data. After activation, i surfed web for about 5 minutes and it suddenly stop. The browser kept sending me to Tmobile Hotpost webpage. So i called in and spend an hour with the several customer service reps. They finally said that every BlackBerry device need to have BIS service ($10/month) in order for the phone to fully surf web and stuff. I explained that i got this phone from Canada and some of the carriers don't require customer to have BIS. I also said that this phone is designed to not need BIS. But they insisted that i have to add the BIS for $10 a month even with the value plan. I finally caved in and say yes. I have to pay an extra $10 dollar every month

Does any of you using your Z10 on T mobile and are required to have the BIS ? If so , Will the compression feature available for you ?
    03-14-13 01:43 AM
    I also use T-Mobile, but in Austria. Since yesterday the BBM stopped working and i think T-Mobile will charge a extra fee for this.....
    pels_17 likes this.
    03-14-13 02:20 AM
    I actually talked to a Tmobile representative yesterday through chat, I was asking if I will still receive calls and text even if my prepaid balance is zero, the agent can't even answer my simple question. Im saying this because I want you to take that agent's advice about the BIS requirement with a grain of salt.
    03-14-13 02:22 AM
    I also use T-Mobile, but in Austria. Since yesterday the BBM stopped working and i think T-Mobile will charge a extra fee for this.....
    So anybody else using Tmobile here in the US. I bought a prepaid tmobile micro sim (im an AT&T subscriber). Im planning to cut my contract and switch to Tmobile prepaid.
    03-14-13 02:24 AM
    Same exact issue as the OP. The only difference is the rep didn't offer me BIS. The problem why data isn't working is the APN settings is not right and since we can't change APN settings there's nothing we could do. Had to hang up for the rep to figure things out. Very disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:37 AM
    Hello guys,

i just switch my Z10 to Tmobile, i signed up for the value plan with unlimited data. After activation, i surfed web for about 5 minutes and it suddenly stop. The browser kept sending me to Tmobile Hotpost webpage. So i called in and spend an hour with the several customer service reps. They finally said that every BlackBerry device need to have BIS service ($10/month) in order for the phone to fully surf web and stuff. I explained that i got this phone from Canada and some of the carriers don't require customer to have BIS. I also said that this phone is designed to not need BIS. But they insisted that i have to add the BIS for $10 a month even with the value plan. I finally caved in and say yes. I have to pay an extra $10 dollar every month

Does any of you using your Z10 on T mobile and are required to have the BIS ? If so , Will the compression feature available for you ?
    Did you get it to work now?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:38 AM
    Same exact issue as the OP. The only difference is the rep didn't offer me BIS. The problem why data isn't working is the APN settings is not right and since we can't change APN settings there's nothing we could do. Had to hang up for the rep to figure things out. Very disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    That is bad! The APN is greyed out? I was planning to switch to tmobile because of the unlimited data they offer but having read what you said made me think twice now.
    03-14-13 02:39 AM
    Rep explained that they haven't trained on Z10s yet so she still needs to research about it and will call me tomorrow. I am sure in time they will figure out a way to sort the issue given they are offering off contract phones now. Just frustrated though about this but luckily my apps that need data are working. Only having issues when I browse the net.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can change the apn settings, I did after the update. Maybe before the update you couldn't.
    03-14-13 02:49 AM
    I just re updated my phone because I read thread from here that it works on leaked OS update. Re installed Android apps. APN settings still grayed out.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 03:03 AM
    I still can't get it to work with the browser. They added the BIS to my account. Asked me to turn off the phone for two hours and turn it back on. I did but still can't surf Web yet. I was able to surf Web for a few minutes. Maybe their system kicked in and recognized my phone is a blackberry device and it re to have BIS

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 03:56 AM
    I have been using my z10 here on the T Mobile USA 4G network for the last 10 days and I haven't had any issues with the browser and surf the Web just fine.

I have the unlimited text, talk and Web plan @ 79.00 a month and not a business account. I haven't been charged any extra fees for have the BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:32 AM
    So you have the standard classic plan or the value plan? This is weird

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:37 AM
    So you have the standard classic plan or the value plan? This is weird

Posted via CB10
    I have the unlimited shared value plan @ 79.00 a month for each line and I currently have two lines. I have used the browser to surf the web, setup bookmarks and so far everything has worked fine. I bought a 100-3 Z10 from Canada that was locked to Rogers, unlocked and it's been working on the T-Mobile 4G network perfectly with no issues.
    03-14-13 06:05 AM
    Can you check if your browser desktop mode is on when surfing webs?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 01:29 PM
    Someone help this guy out, im confused now if using a Tmobile sim in unlocked Z10 phones really work.
    03-14-13 01:32 PM
    It now works for me after turning off desktop mode.

Posted via CB10
    pels_17 likes this.
    03-14-13 03:32 PM
    This is the solution I believe. But usually we would have no problem surfing in desktop mode

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:09 PM
    thats not right, you should be able to surf on desktop or mobile mode. Could the the type of SIM card have anything to do with it?
    03-14-13 04:18 PM
    Have spoken with support... they don't even know anything...

T mobile Austria

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:18 PM
    I am using a unlocked 100-3 running on T Mobile and there are no BIS issues. As I said in a precious post

I think the issues is that right now there is only support for BIS customers and has nothing to do with existing customers using unlocked phones on the network.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:26 PM
    thats not right, you should be able to surf on desktop or mobile mode. Could the the type of SIM card have anything to do with it?
    I think their server see the device as a tablet or something so their hotspot feature kicks in. Shared plan doesn't has this problem since it includes hotspot feature. If you turn desktop mode in it would direct you to that page and require you to sign up for hotspot sharing which is such. I would like to browse in full size desktop mode rather than mobile

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:53 PM
    I am using it on t-mobile and data, talk, text are fine. I haven't tried email yet. I used to have 9900 and I had to switch from regular data plan to blackberry data plan (same price) in order to use email client.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-14-13 05:01 PM
    I'm just going to wait until T-Mobile releases the Z10, right now they have no clue how the phone works. I'm just glad I'm able to browse now.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 07:58 PM
    By the way, even desktop mode is set to off, you can still browse full website.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:03 PM