Hey guys,

I have been using Z10 white for 10 days now and here are some quick tips to share with you all.

Google Maps:
    Oh yes, google voice navigation does work on Z10. You can sideload it and honestly speaking it works awesome. Go thru this link for instructions or search google for "google voice navigation for blackberry z10"

BlackBerryOS.com - Google Maps Voice Navigation Running On BlackBerry 10

Battery life:
    In initial days you might feel battery life is very less. Yes, where are few tips for you to increase it
    1. Never charge your phone for short cycles & via non company given chargers. Let the entire battery drain and let it get switched off. After 3-4 charges like this, you will feel that Z10 will start giving backup of at least 12-14 hours with good amount of usage. Believe me, this actually works.
    2. Reduce display brightness+switch of gestures when locked+keep network to 2G if you are not using high speed internet.

Android ports
    As i mentioned for google maps, you can install other apps as well and surprisingly they work. look at the link for downloading good android apps AndroidBars.net, your neighbourhood BAR

I have used this phone intensively and after usage i could figure out many things which i was confused initially for.

Cheers and enjoy your Z10
    03-31-13 07:37 AM
    I heard people say not to let the battery run down?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:38 AM
    Well i am telling by experience. This helps phone to calibrate the battery well and this is just for initial few charges (3-4).
    03-31-13 07:43 AM
    I've had my phone 2 weeks, if I was to do this, would it benefit, recalibration?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:46 AM
    I cannot say this will help you or not, but worth trying. also do some setting tweaks as i mentioned. you can configure your FB/twitter to sync in scheduled intervals rather than cont. Do one thing. Install battery guru application first. Run it to see your battery health. This will also help you judge how your battery is getting discharged.
    03-31-13 07:50 AM
    I was having horrible battery a life the first day. After the update and a could of settings modifications everything is nice and smooth.

1. Brightness between 20-30%
    2. Screen timeout 20 seconds.
    3. Turn Wi-Fi off when not available.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:59 AM
    Yes this helps. But best is to let the phone calibrate the battery. Switching of 3G if not used also is good

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:01 AM
    I always wondered whether it was possible to check fb/twitter/email sync setting but could never find it. Could you tell me how?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:11 AM
    Go to settings and then accounts

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:27 AM