Frankly, once a phone get this thin....it's kinda pointless to make it any thinner. I like my phone to have a bit of weight so that the balance works well in one hand. The plasticky same samsung phones are thin and light, but I find them a bit hard to handle cause of the light weight....
    I don't have a problem holding my SGIII, but I skipped on the iPhone 5 partly because it had almost no weight to it at all. With it being so much taller than wider, it felt unbalanced to me. I much prefer the way the 4S feels.
    I hope the Z10 has the feel of more substance to it.
    01-05-13 05:19 AM
    Keep in mind the Z10 has a removable battery door, which adds a bit of overall bulk, so any device without a removable battery will have an advantage.
    This.

I will take the extra 1.4mm thickness to have the removable back plate any day over an iPhone with it's non-removable battery and non-expandable memory. It's easy to make things thin when you don't have to worry about things like user replaceable batteries and MicroSD expansion slots.

Over all, from the leaked parts we've seen for the Z10 it looks also to be one highly repairable phone as well. That's also a nice thing as I've cracked a phone screen or two in my day and it looks like the screen on the Z10 is super easy to remove. The BlackBerry looks to be more functional and more fixable then the iPhone which are both good things in my book.
    01-05-13 09:58 AM
    you don't want it too thin or too light. it would brake easier. and the casing should be robberize for extgra protection.
    01-06-13 01:57 PM
    I don't have a problem holding my SGIII, but I skipped on the iPhone 5 partly because it had almost no weight to it at all. With it being so much taller than wider, it felt unbalanced to me. I much prefer the way the 4S feels.
    SGIII feels flimsy to me, considering it's size, I prefer heavier devices up to the 150gr threshold.

I really hope the Z10 isn't like a toy, but built like the Bold 99xx
    01-06-13 03:54 PM
    SGIII feels flimsy to me, considering it's size, I prefer heavier devices up to the 150gr threshold.

I really hope the Z10 isn't like a toy, but built like the Bold 99xx
    I thought I would hate the s3, in fact I used to make fun of it last year saying people needed baseball gloves to operate one. I regret the things I said in fact I regret anything I have said about any mobile device as a result of mobile device fanaticism.

The s3 has replaced my ipad and play book and is a comfortable companion to my laptop that I use for work. I think when people try everything they will eventually find what is perfect for them.

In addition I also use a bold 9900 which is my all time favorite device.

The bold 9900 definitely has a better build quality than the s3, in fact I think the bold 9900 has one of the better build qualities its just got a premium feel.

But the s3 definitely isn't flimsy, it's great consolidation between a phone and a tablet. Great for browsing and reading all sorts of materials.
    01-06-13 04:30 PM
    It does feel more substantial than an iPhone 5, but when I held the Z10 earlier this week (I posted a thread) my overriding impression was it felt tall, which I liked. It would work well with the touch keyboard.
    01-06-13 06:20 PM
    With all due respect, I've never understood the logic of wanting a heavy phone at all. Smart phones are portable devices. They should be as thin and as light as possible. I don't get all this concern over a phone popping out of your hand. In my entire life, I don't think I have ever had a credit card or a bank card pop out of my hand because it was too thin or too light.

Modern smart phones are way too heavy. 130g is more than enough to weigh down your pocket in pants or a sport coat. Once you get past 130g and 10mm thickness, carrying it around becomes a burden.

If there really is a market for fat and heavy phones, I'm sure there will be a case manufacturer who will build a thick and heavy case for you guys.
    ritesh likes this.
    01-06-13 08:51 PM
    bb10 is said to be 10 mm
    01-07-13 12:39 PM
    bb10 is said to be 10 mm
    The z10 is said to be 9mm
    01-07-13 03:41 PM
    With all due respect, I've never understood the logic of wanting a heavy phone at all. Smart phones are portable devices. They should be as thin and as light as possible. I don't get all this concern over a phone popping out of your hand. In my entire life, I don't think I have ever had a credit card or a bank card pop out of my hand because it was too thin or too light.

Modern smart phones are way too heavy. 130g is more than enough to weigh down your pocket in pants or a sport coat. Once you get past 130g and 10mm thickness, carrying it around becomes a burden.

If there really is a market for fat and heavy phones, I'm sure there will be a case manufacturer who will build a thick and heavy case for you guys.
    Sub 130gr feels like a Fisher Price toy for me. And I don't like Fisher Price

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    01-07-13 04:33 PM
    i'm just hoping it has guerilla glass and fits comfortably in my pants pocket because that's how i carry my phones, i don't like hip holsters of any kind especially any that would support the z10 as it would look like i have a tumor on my side and i would have to tell people..."It's not a tuma'...at all!" ... but seriously, i want it to fit in my pocket...that's all; which is why i want it to have guerilla glass...oh, and not have to pull the battery out after upgrading apps.
    meganVee likes this.
    01-08-13 07:09 PM

I agree. I too prefer my phones to be light weight and less broad, whereas the Z10, seems to be thick and wide. Thinking of picking up an IP5, till something new from RIM catches my fancy. I don't really care about the OS and was okay with BBOS7.
    01-09-13 03:00 AM
    I agree. I too prefer my phones to be light weight and less broad, whereas the Z10, seems to be thick and wide. Thinking of picking up an IP5, till something new from RIM catches my fancy. I don't really care about the OS and was okay with BBOS7.
    It isn't thick, it's slightly thicker than the ip5 but is essentially the same depth as a GSIII or Ip4s.
    01-09-13 08:10 AM
    01-15-13 08:21 AM
    The Ip5 is light but I don't really like it to be honest. I find it is too light and I would definitely drop it in a second.
    I have the ipod touch 4th generation and at 7.2mm thick it is much too thin in my opinion. Typing on it is awkward because there is so little to hold onto.
    The Z10 is close to the same thickness as the Ip4 which I think was suitable and a good size for holding and typing with.
    Even the SGIII is close to being too thin in my opinion.
    01-16-13 12:18 PM
    Well, this thread is claiming 8mm, or less than .5mm difference between the two...

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-x-8mm-762580/
    01-16-13 12:37 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8366289015_17496246eb_o.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	131414
    Is it a bad thing that the bezel is black instead of white?
    01-16-13 01:05 PM
    I do not think so, especially since it is functional and not just for looks.
    01-16-13 01:16 PM
    The weight seems to be close to a all touch curve 9380 held both trying to figure out which weighed more and couldn't tell. If I had the "L" back and a scale I could tell you for sure. But I'll never see it again (until I buy one) and I am not trying to loose weight or am I a pot head so I don't own a scale
    01-16-13 03:17 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8366289015_17496246eb_o.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	131414
    That shows how the ends may be thinner than the iPhone's 7.6mm. But that's only because it is tapered. The thickest point of the Z10 will be thicker than the iPhone 5, but I doubt by much.
    01-16-13 03:18 PM
    Do you type on your credit card and bank card all day as well? Do you constantly pull it out of your pocket or leave it in your pocket and sit down onto it?
    Do you hold it up to your ear and make phone calls on it?
    If not, then your "I don't think I have ever had a credit card or a bank card pop out of my hand because it was too thin or too light" is not really valid since you're not even comparing apples to oranges, you're comparing apples to cars.

I think people are caught up with the "thinner is better", "lighter is better",
    It is great for portability, but you also have to consider things like comfort, and ergonomics.
    meganVee and digtech like this.
    01-16-13 08:56 PM
    IMO, don't know and don't care if Z10 is thinner. A 1-2 mm difference is not significant. My main concern is to that the Z10 is built tough enough to withstand daily usage and perhaps a drop or two...(with some protective skin of course ;-)
    meganVee likes this.
    01-16-13 09:32 PM
    actually i hate my iphone5's thinness, i dropped it at least 4 times because it was so difficult to handle with one hand.
    01-17-13 12:30 AM
    actually i hate my iphone5's thinness, i dropped it at least 4 times because it was so difficult to handle with one hand.
    Different strokes for different folks.......

I'm with Thenton Burke here. I like my phones compact and light and the width of the Z10 is a dealbreaker for me. I have dropped the 9900 many times, because of its width and my hands not adjusting to the tad bit extra width.

Here is a sizing up of 3 phones that I have done.
    Sized Up: SGSIII vs iPhone5 vs BB Z10

Till the time I don't handle the final product, I'm holding back my decision to opt for the Z10 or not.
    01-17-13 03:49 AM
    Recent leaks indicate that the Z10 is 8mm thick, not 9mm thick (which is what your sizing comparison is based on).
    01-17-13 06:27 AM
79 1234