That's an OS bug, probably because you have a battery with id 227. Others have reported it too. I'll be adding an improved "time left" calculation in the next release, as it doesn't appear they'll be fixing this OS bug any time soon.

Posted via CB10
    Actually its 226. Battery health it's at 39% and thats all of a sudden, everything was ok...what the shmuck?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 09:37 AM
    Ok I've got some updates concerning this issue... after all my trials of repair / calibration etc. have failed, I decided to send the mobile to my operator, and after testing and investigation, they gave me a new battery under warranty...
    I would like to mention that my battery health was 28% so maybe those having this issue should check their battery health as well and maybe get a new battery..

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-03-13 12:35 PM
    I would like to mention that my battery health was 28% so maybe those having this issue should check their battery health as well and maybe get a new battery..
    Posted via CB10
    My battery health is 93% and 9 cycles this is new battery... and like I said before, the battery theoretically works fine for about 15-16 hour.... the battery indicator works wrong....
    06-03-13 12:43 PM
    When your phone died does the warning led for 20%-10% blinked? Mine doesnt, the phone just shuts off.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 01:00 PM
    When your phone died does the warning led for 20%-10% blinked? Mine doesnt, the phone just shuts off.

Posted via CB10
    mine only warning me when battery has 20%, next inform me that BB is shutting down....
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    06-03-13 01:27 PM
    That's based specifically on the percent level, so if that's only going to 30% then you'll see no warnings.
    06-03-13 02:05 PM
    again not same about solve matter. hey same from RIM look this problem and anthvers us.
    06-03-13 02:35 PM
    any one from RIM can tell why this problem or are is same way for solve matter ???????????????????????
    06-04-13 02:40 PM
    any one from RIM can tell why this problem or are is same way for solve matter ???????????????????????
    People employed by RIM (BlackBerry) generally don't read and respond in these forums. If you want to try to get a response from RIM, it's best to start by posting in their own support forums: General Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    06-04-13 03:02 PM
    Same issue with me since the instalation of OS 10.1.0.2354 , hope 10.1.0.4285 fix this problem.

Hopefully I have 3 batteries.
    06-05-13 05:57 PM
    Same issue with me since the instalation of OS 10.1.0.2354 , hope 10.1.0.4285 fix this problem.

Hopefully I have 3 batteries.
    What is your battery ID??
    06-06-13 01:34 AM
    Same one know how solve this priblem?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 02:16 AM
    I've got problem too. My z10 shutdown at 40% with out notifications. How to solve this problem?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 03:49 AM
    exactly the same as my Z10....
    06-06-13 04:10 AM
    Well.. Ok.. I have tried any technic from this thread but no one solveable for my BBZ10.

If u are like me, then follow mine, it works for me, 100%!

My condition : when battery at 38%, my bb z10 still allright, but when it move to 37%, it shutdown it self. I dont know yours.

Preparation : ur problem battery and new battery/ur friends battery with no error like urs.

Step 1.
    Use ur baterry until 50-60% (according to my case, it will die when get 37%, so i will use till 50%)
    Use ur friend battery below ur problem. In my case 37%, then use until 30% or 20% up to u.

Step 2.
    Change / swap it.
    Use your "problem battery" in ur friend's z10.
    Use your "friend battery" in ur z10.

Step 3.
    Use normally until your "problem battery" died in arround 30% (in my case)
    Use normally until your "friend battery" at very low percent, i tried to 9% level.

Step 4.
    Change/swap it again.

Result :
    Ur "problem battery" in your z10 back to arround 30%.
    and
    Ur "friend battery" in your friends z10 back to arround 30%.

And now ur battery should be normal again. Like mine. Until Now.

My conclution :
    My OS is wrong when detect my battery. It need to change with another battery to normalize (or recalibrate the battery, maybe, with my technic, i dont know excactly). So, after my OS detect another battery, they can detect ur "problem battery" normally again.

It just my conclution. Im not expert in this. I just stress and frustated with my bb z10 and try that before claim to my provider. and it works for me.

Sorry bad english.

[email protected]
    06-07-13 09:30 AM
    and right, it happened to my after i install the new os 10.1.0.227 and wipe it. BANG!
    06-07-13 09:32 AM
    Now my BB shutdown when battery drop to 50%.... but BB was working almost 18h. However, If I buy new battery does she will be fine?? maybe she will be damaged by new OS...???

Sorry for my englis again...!
    06-10-13 01:34 PM
    Now my BB shutdown when battery drop to 50%.... but BB was working almost 18h. However, If I buy new battery does she will be fine?? maybe she will be damaged by new OS...???
    It is not likely that the battery is being damaged by the OS, but at this point I don't think we've learned enough to have any real idea what the solution may be.

Has anyone with this problem ever tried switching to a second battery, and back, to see whether the problem "follows" the battery, or stays with the phone? In other words, does it go away with a second battery, or do you still see the issue? I see MichaeLz10's post above but it looks to me as though he observed some things that made it look like it was fixed, but then it began again (?). It does appear the issue followed his battery, however, so this may be the only useful report we've got so far, suggesting more people should try a second battery and compare their results.
    06-10-13 01:50 PM
    In this month I can't buy new battery mayby in july...I have only one idea to downgrade to 10.0.10.82 OS but I can't find autoloader, I have only 10.0.10.1023 and when I downgraded, battery issue also occured.... Now when indicator shows 56% voltage of battery has 3,35-3,4 V but yesterday this voltage was accompanied with 20% of indicator...

Ps.
    Last week battery health dropped to 45%... sometimes rose to 60% and again dropped to 45%. Now is 80%, this is strange and random phenomenon.

Now Battery health is 113% hahah ...
    Last edited by Konrad Nowak; 06-14-13 at 03:56 AM.
    06-10-13 02:33 PM
    BlackBerry Z10 shuts down at 30% battery! - My STL100-1 has this problem. I hope BlackBerry fixes this to work same as earlier where in radios would get switched off first and device at 5% or less....Large screen might have something to do with this but then a message saying bye bye would mean something rather than just knock the phone off...
    06-14-13 07:44 AM
    This is just a reminder to those who are experiencing this problem that this is generally something that affects the "% battery level" indicator only, but is not a sign of an actual reduction in battery capacity or life.

What I'm saying is that you're very likely getting exactly the battery life that you should be getting, and it's just the % display which is defective.

If you've got Battery Guru you could fairly easily check this, either by doing a drain test as described in its Diagnostics page, or by watching (or checking the export data) for the change in Voltage over the life of the battery. If you see it going from at least 4.3V just after you remove it from the charger, down to about 3.4V just before it shuts down, then it's almost certain this issue with "shutting down at 30%" is merely a problem with the OS calibration of your % indicator.

This is reflected in the Health reading as reported by Battery Guru.. if yours is unstable or crazy low like 53%, or often shows values like 113%, then that's a sign the calibration is messed up. Again, this doesn't likely mean you have shorter battery life than you should have... For what it's worth. This may allow some people to rest easier, though I realize it does mean you can't count on the % battery level to help you keep track.
    06-14-13 09:39 AM
    As I'm typing this my battery life is 17% and still rocking :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 09:49 AM
    I have a battery problem that some one earlier has, that is charges only till 89% and never charges beyond that, also people mostly at the BlackBerry support forums are the users like me and you and BlackBerry actual service team are hardly there.

BlackBerry Z10 sucks big time, it has **** load of bugs I am one of the BlackBerry fans and have been using BlackBerry for over 6 years now and have upgraded to ever new phone when ever they launched one and no exception with the Z10 just got one the day it was available in India and since then never was I happy with the Z10. I am still doing the bug fighting with that **** hole phone and and have tried contacting BlackBerry and not even one genuine solution.

Once while I was traveling on roaming suddenly when I landed at the airport when switched my networks on the phone suddenly for no reason reset about 7 time by itself and the battery went so damn hot it was just unbearable to hold had to remove the battery keep it away to cool and then after about 30 mins reinstalled the battery the battery showed just 10% and phone just shut off, then the entire trip I had to use the phone with data off just charge and use the calling facelity.

It's just a high time when we all have a reality check with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 10:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    I had the same problem just a few hours ago. The first time it did that

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 03:41 PM
    Vignesh now that you get it out of your chest, go and buy yourself a Samsung and that's it. Be happy for ever and after.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 03:15 AM
283 12345 ...