As a recent purchaser of the Z10 I and having read many reviews for and against I would like to add my contribution. I am with the Telstra network in Australia and am on STL100-2 Software 10.2.1.2102. I have heard about the battery problems, reboots, freezing and have experienced none of these.
    I am more than delighted with a flawlessly operating phone that does everything well. Reviews of the camera do not reconcile with my experience. I am an experienced amateur photographer with full frame and cropped frame sensors as well as compacts. The Z10 operates and provides great photos if you understand exposure, framing and when there are impossible situations for most cameras. The diatribe that I have read completely amazes me as the features of the phone (particularly burst rate) are as good as the best phone cameras.
    Added to the amazing keyboard is a feature that will probably hold Blackberry in good stead moving forward .... the QNX software that will be the strength of Blackberry's ability to issue incremental updates with relative ease. I suggest readers go and have a look on the internet at the features and strengths of QNX vs Linus of Android and the IOS of iPhone.
    The point of the Z10 as of Android is to understand what Apps you are loading and the access they require to the Z10 controls. I have had no issues with my Z10 and I do not allow Apps to have access to functions that they do not need. If they demand and will not let you proceed, delete that App immediately. Anyhow these are my thoughts of a great phone Blackberry does not advertise for reasons only they know.
    KDB84, claudelu bala and olisg like this.
    04-21-14 12:29 AM
    I concur. I've had the Z10 since launch and am very happy with the current software release.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    04-21-14 12:40 AM
    Only one problem is heating up of z10 which I hate very much just after 5 minutes of playing games.
    Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2228

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 05:55 AM
    I have had basically no problems with my Z10. It really is a high functioning device that puts all the non-BB10 devices to shame. As for heat generated during gameplay, I limit my time so that is not an issue. However, I have found some games are much worse than others. The really bad offenders I just delete since for me gameplay is a nice feature, but not a necessity.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    04-21-14 08:46 AM
    Only one problem is heating up of z10 which I hate very much just after 5 minutes of playing games.
    Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2228

Posted via CB10
    I don't do gaming, so I can't comment on that. However the BlackBerry q5 and z10 are the only 2 smartphones I've ever used that don't heat up while talking on the phone. I didn't actually get upset with any of the other smartphones, since my girlfriend often wants to talk got 4 or more hours, I am just even more impressed with BlackBerry.
    04-21-14 10:44 PM
    I accept with your point spruceartist. Z10 doesn't get hot while doing tasks others than gaming.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 01:10 AM
    The BlackBerry camera software stinks. HTC One camera software is better in every way.

By all means, enjoy the phone, but please don't blow smoke that may trick and disappoint others.

Sincerely,

- Z10 owner, HTC One user.
    04-22-14 01:37 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! I am glad you know how to operate your device properly. And Australia has good coverage for STL-2 variant

Sent from a mobile device via Tapatalk
    04-22-14 01:50 AM
    The BlackBerry camera software may not have bells and whistles, but you have all you need to take great photos. Night mode slows the shutter and lowers iso for low noise, and action does the opposite. Almost like aperture priority and shutter priority. I wouldn't process shots on the phone, but use PS/gimp/image magic to combine etc. I also own a PV808 (still the best camera phone), and after processing, there isn't a lot in the shots(resolution aside).

I am also a very satisfied Z10 owner

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 02:41 AM