03-21-13 06:04 PM
    No one likes a *****

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 06:13 PM
    Oh nooooo....
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-21-13 06:14 PM
    and the source is BGR? there you go!
    oh wait correction.. even better! BGR just copy and pasted the so call 'news' without checking.
    how's that possible? isn't BGR well known for its love to Blackberry? :P
    03-21-13 06:27 PM
    Oooh here we go again, I'm actually surprised it took so long. I guess this is why AT&T is reportedly sold out online, and have bin since the second day of pre orders. Anyways people nothing to see here!! Bb10 all the way, I'm just waiting for the official US release so the price can go down on the unlocked versions, I will be giving Sprint the boot and taking my business to T-Mobile. It will be there loss, they won't support the popular Z10 so I will pay my 100$ E.T.F with a smile.
    CDM76, em5641 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    03-21-13 06:27 PM
    Ha, bgr do a great copy and paste job. No actual source, just random acts of mindless guessing.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 06:29 PM
    Except I ordered on day 3 and mine was in the mail with everyone else arrives tomorrow. Go on att. com you can order it for shipment tomorrow
    StephanieH1011 likes this.
    03-21-13 06:31 PM
    Hating on BlackBerry is very in-vogue for some people, especially long-term Apple owners or aggressive Android/Samsung promoters.

However, it's becoming a very old and tired cliche. The company is doing a great job and has made tremendous strides from the verge of bankruptcy only a few years ago. Even if pre-order volume "disappoints", which is pure speculation at this point, that isn't to say that sales might increase after its launch (and a few positive words from friends and family).

Again, BBRY is not trying to be #1, they are trying to lock themselves into #3 and restore some faith in the product. Not an overnight process.
    danfrancisco, jessen62 and mset like this.
    03-21-13 06:34 PM
    Taking some good advice and not clicking on a link that will give a crap site more traffic.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 06:35 PM
    I took one for the team:

BlackBerry (BBRY) is in need of a hit in the United States, but it seems that early preorder volumes for the BlackBerry Z10 on American wireless carriers have been below expectations so far. Barron’s points us to a new note from*Detwiler Fenton & Co. analyst Jeff Johnston, who says that preorders for the Z10 “have been light and well below expectations” on carriers he’s checked in with so far. Johnston says that Z10 faces a consumer awareness problem in the U.S., which has only been exacerbated by other recent*high-profile launches such as the recent Galaxy S 4 and the HTC (2498) One.

“[BlackBerry] has done a nice job with the OS however they need to figure out how to overcome the lack of mindshare their products have both with consumers and the carrier sales channel,” he writes. “[BlackBerry]*will need to spend aggressively to create awareness and demand which could be a slippery slope as cash burn could become a major issue if sales don’t follow.”

Johnston projects that BlackBerry will sell between 13 million and 15 million BlackBerry 10 devices in 2014, significantly less than more bullish 25 million estimates that have been tossed around by other analysts.

BlackBerry Z10 U.S. preorders disappointing | BGR
    ErinnM, Eric Shapiro, imz and 3 others like this.
    03-21-13 06:36 PM
    Does the writer take into consideration the fact that ALOT of people who wanted to pre-order could not from att because of their status (premier member)?
    03-21-13 06:42 PM
    I think once the device gets into people's hands and the word gets out, I will be fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 06:44 PM
    well that would be because they released it too late and everyone either lost interest and went to another android, iphone...... or.... windows phone >_< its kind of not surprising...
    angad7.10 and GreenCopperz like this.
    03-21-13 06:46 PM
    well that would be because they released it too late and everyone either lost interest and went to another android, iphone...... or.... windows phone >_< its kind of not surprising...
    Yeah just too late. The moment of summation for smart phone history and for all time was the 2012 holiday shopping season. Anything after that is too late. I forgot.
    03-21-13 06:50 PM
    Unfortunately, if this is actually true, it's because the salespeople are misinformed and spewing nonsense about Blackberry being "bankrupt" and trying to schill Android and Crapple devices.

I just hope we can prove all of the nay-sayers to be wrong.
    03-21-13 06:51 PM
    Great source.......

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 07:17 PM
    BGR is stupid, news at 11.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 07:21 PM
    and the source is BGR? there you go!
    oh wait correction.. even better! BGR just copy and pasted the so call 'news' without checking.
    how's that possible? isn't BGR well known for its love to Blackberry? :P
    no, the source isn't BGR. it's barrons.. one of the most trusted financial publications in existence. the story is likely true too. there is 0 marketing going on in the USA, tmobile hasn't even made it available for pre-order yet, and sprint doesn't have it. so that leaves only the two biggest iphone carriers left.
    OMGitworks, Etios and kevinnugent like this.
    03-21-13 07:26 PM
    I think the Z10 will struggle a bit in the US at first. Probably needs some time to build momentum. I also think it will do very well in Canada and the UK.
    03-21-13 07:28 PM
    In my experience, I went to three different corporate locations and NONE of the sales reps even knew that a pre-order was available even though it was posted on the website.
    03-21-13 07:31 PM
    The analyst company that is the original source (Detweiler Fenton) has been right about some things before and wrong about others. They said that AT&T and T-Mobile would release the Z10 in March (correct) but also mentioned that Sprint and Verizon would release the Z10 in May (incorrect).

I'm not sure what that means for the accuracy of their checks, other than that they have a mixed, but not outright terrible track record before.

One thing though is that some people have criticized BlackBerry for not providing actual numbers for launch sales (as opposed to 3x better) or giving more details about their million unit order. I'd have to say that a note saying that checks have indicated that preorders are below unknown expectations at unspecified carriers is considerably more fluffy than that.
    Soumaila Somtore and VeGiTo like this.
    03-21-13 07:31 PM
    This shouldn't even shock anyone if it is true. I personally haven't seen any marketing at all for the Z10. I know some saw commercials on TV, but that isn't even good enough. But, it is JUST for pre-orders. This does not determine how well the Z10 will do here. I didn't pre-order and don't plan to. I am sure a bunch of people passed on that.
    Eric Shapiro and LewLew23 like this.
    03-21-13 07:32 PM
    I didn't want to preorder, I would rather walk into the store and walk home with it that day. The salesperson who sold my wife her Note II didn't believe that BlackBerry would sell that we'll enough to warrant a preorder.
    03-21-13 07:37 PM
    The ultimate source isn't Barron's, but a small stock research outfit called Detweiler Fenton. Aside from the fact that they are a very small shop, I know they have produced some research on Blackberry in the past that always seems to point out any potential negative aspect. Not to say what they're saying is wrong, just that I'd value the 'research' a lot more if it were done by analysts at a larger shop that covers BBRY, like Goldman or Bernstein.
    03-21-13 07:40 PM
    I didn't want to preorder, I would rather walk into the store and walk home with it that day. The salesperson who sold my wife her Note II didn't believe that BlackBerry would sell that we'll enough to warrant a preorder.
    That is my reason for not pre-ordering too.
    cd1105 and shaleem like this.
    03-21-13 07:42 PM
151 123 ...