I have missed blackberry for so long the last one I had was the 9000 and still miss it. Since then I have been using the galaxy lineup all the way up to the note 2 of recent but I have returned to BlackBerry and i am proud to say I love the z10 but I do miss the physical keyboard that all my old BlackBerry use to have. So is the q10 just as good as this z10 because if I like the feedback I will be purchasing one tomorrow. Please give some good info and feedback
    07-23-13 10:01 PM
    Welcome to cb!

It's a matter of personal preference. Go try them out. Spend some time with them and see which you prefer. I went with the z because I love the screen size. But that's just me.

Either way i don't think you'll be disappointed. Try out both and pick your fave.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    07-23-13 10:31 PM
    I'd personally go with the Z10 but thats just me, i've had QWERTY phones all my life so something new would be cool. The Z10 keyboard is the best touchscreen keyboard you can get hands down, while the Q10 has the greatest physical keyboard hands down, although nowadays there isnt much to compare the Q10 keyboard too...

Battery wise the Q10 wins of course. However then again the battery is bigger + smaller screen size = longer battery. That being said with the new updates that BB rolls out battery life on the Z10 should become even better than what it is for a 4.2" touchscreen with the 1800mah battery. I like to think that the Z10 is definitely sexier but if there is a zombie apocalypse then make sure you have that Q10 ready because of that bigger battery.... or make sure you have an extra battery for your Z10

Like I said I think Z10 is just straight up sexy but the Q10 ain't too shabby either. Its all about what you want to do. If you send tons of texts/emails then i'd recommend the Q10 just because you'll get by doing it a little faster. If your into playing games and watching movies or going on to youtube lots than keep that Z10 of yours.

I'd definitely recommend just heading down to the store tomorrow and trying things out, whatever you pick at least its a BlackBerry!
    07-23-13 10:32 PM
    It's what appeals to you. Maybe you should give the Q10 a test run? if you don't like it, return it. If that isn't possible, borrow on from a friend for a few minutes, or go down to a local store and test it out a bit. see how it feels. For me, the z10 is what I need at the moment, but that's just me.
    07-23-13 10:38 PM
    Agreed! Depends on your needs! I love my Q10! Battery life is the absolute best that I have ever owned! I tried phones without the physical keyboard and always switch back but that's me and always will be. Doesn't bridge properly with playbooks but that's my only negative! If you play a lot of games, I would go for the bigger screen. Good Luck with whatever you choose

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    swishhh likes this.
    07-23-13 10:38 PM
    I think I am going to go with the q10 because it is exactly like a bold but a way modern version of it. It is more of the traditional blackberry. I love the z10 but a z10 with a qwerty is what I am looking for. Is there any major things coming with the updates?
    07-23-13 10:45 PM
    Agreed! Depends on your needs! I love my Q10! Battery life is the absolute best that I have ever owned! I tried phones without the physical keyboard and always switch back but that's me and always will be. Doesn't bridge properly with playbooks but that's my only negative! If you play a lot of games, I would go for the bigger screen. Good Luck with whatever you choose

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    Definitely agree with you. I've had both.

The Z's larger screen size is great for videos, games, and media in general. The virtual keyboard grows on you over time with use.

The Q has the best BlackBerry keyboard to date but the screen size is smaller. This makes for better battery and I can't complain having those two as major pluses.

Both operate using OS10 so there's not much difference there.

I've had the opportunity to use both and for my day to day use the Q10 wins out.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 10:46 PM
    It's a matter of personal preference. I started off with the Z10 and was pretty impressed. However I switched over to the Q10 last week and have no regrets. Best keyboard on a BlackBerry and great battery life. But of course you are sacrificing quite a bit of screen real estate.

Hammered away on my BlackBerry Q10
    07-23-13 10:51 PM
    Thank you for all the prompt responses. I'm happy to be back in the family, also the more and more I type on the z10 I notice how well and close to a physical qwerty it is. Still can't wait to trade my z10 for my q10
    07-23-13 10:52 PM
    Its a matter of personal preference. Q10 if you like traditional bb feel and Z10 for! futuristic
    07-23-13 10:55 PM
    Looks like theme of the thread is "Its a matter of personal preference"!
    07-23-13 10:56 PM
    I have both on t mobile us with the 10.1
    Absolutely no bugs. I guess I'm lucky a few I know with the z10 have some issues with battery over heating, reboots etc. Both are awesome, I like both key boards but give slight edge to the z 10 due to the screen size. The q10 screen feels a bit cramped. You will love either. Just give it a week before you lose your patience, there is a little bit of a learning curve.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 10:57 PM
    I have both and use them simultaneously..Z10 for the large screen and Q10 for emailing. Both are awesome, slight edge to Q10 for typing and the emailing features seem a bit smoother. Both have their glitches but nothing crazy. Z10 is more of my all around phone for media etc as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 09:40 PM