I was just at the Verizon store on 768 Market Street in San Francisco and noticed the Z10 was not on display. I inquired about this atrocity and the lady said the Q10 has been more popular. I guess Verizon doesn't think the Z10 is worth their shelf space. Just wanted to vent and express my extreme disappointment.
    06-23-13 10:27 PM
    I was in an AT&T store today. They didn't have a Z10 displayed either.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 10:51 PM
    Wtf is wrong with these carriers? I see them all the time on display in Canada.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-23-13 11:11 PM
    Off with their heads!!!

C0004E653 - The official channel for ChefBigFella.com
    06-23-13 11:19 PM
    It sickens me. BlackBerry should try to push the carriers. All I'm asking for is one freaking spot just so people can see it as an option. As it stands, someone would have to know about it before entering the store.
    06-24-13 01:01 AM
    Some good news at my local Best Buy. The minute you walk in the door you're faced with their mobile department. First table facing the door, first thing you see? BlackBerry z10 display. One dummy unit and a working white and black one, and a small monitor that takes you through the features. Very nice display! I was very happy to see that! Remembering how they displayed os7 and PlayBook, I'm thinking BlackBerry must have paid a ton for this.

Posted via CB10
    kware84 likes this.
    06-24-13 02:39 AM
    Bradu- where are you located?
    06-24-13 04:22 AM
    Well they are selling very well in los angeles.
    06-24-13 04:47 AM
    Some good news at my local Best Buy. The minute you walk in the door you're faced with their mobile department. First table facing the door, first thing you see? BlackBerry z10 display. One dummy unit and a working white and black one, and a small monitor that takes you through the features. Very nice display! I was very happy to see that! Remembering how they displayed os7 and PlayBook, I'm thinking BlackBerry must have paid a ton for this.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!
    06-25-13 02:09 AM
    It's on display at the Verizon and AT&T stores in my area, as well as Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile.
    06-25-13 02:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why no pictures? I would love to see that

Posted via
    06-25-13 04:29 AM
    Was at a Best Buy in Tampa hoping to play with a Q10 but none was there. Did see a nice display of Z10s tho
    06-25-13 06:09 AM
    It's a mixed bag here in New Orleans, some do, some have moved the Z10 for the Q10 displays.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:28 AM
    There is no BlackBerry device to speak of in the Middletown, NJ store or the store in the Paramus, NJ mall. No shocker it's off the shelves in Frisco, either...
    06-25-13 06:35 AM
    I went into our local Target store here in Canada and the phone section looked like an Apple store. 2 columns of accessories and one spot for display of Z10 and Q10.

Neither are in demo mode. If you go over to the iPhone section it's bright and they stock every Apple accessory known to man.

I put my Z10 in my pocket and walked over to the demo of the Blackberry's and asked why there wasn't a demo mode available.

"Oh people find the iPhone easier to use"

I asked them if they knew how to use the BB10 and he replied it's way too hard so he just tells people to try the iPhone.

I pulled out my phone and said "I can show you now if you like..." he said he was being paged somewhere and had to go.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    06-25-13 07:27 AM
    I went into our local Target store here in Canada and the phone section looked like an Apple store. 2 columns of accessories and one spot for display of Z10 and Q10.

Neither are in demo mode. If you go over to the iPhone section it's bright and they stock every Apple accessory known to man.

I put my Z10 in my pocket and walked over to the demo of the Blackberry's and asked why there wasn't a demo mode available.

"Oh people find the iPhone easier to use"

I asked them if they knew how to use the BB10 and he replied it's way too hard so he just tells people to try the iPhone.

I pulled out my phone and said "I can show you now if you like..." he said he was being paged somewhere and had to go.

What a *****

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:42 AM
    There are no Z10s at the stores near me on display either. The AT&T store told me they don't even keep Z10s in the store. They would have to "special" order it. She then told me how I would be disappointed in it and should get an iPhone 5. At the RadioShack here the rep told me that the Blackberry Z10 runs Android. When I told him that it didn't he said it was "kind of like Android"
    06-25-13 07:53 AM
    Well if those carriers won't even display them thus explains why they won't push the updates BlackBerry has released.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:30 AM
    Was in Walmart and thought I would check out the Q10 while I was there only to find they had a dummy unit but no working unit(yet). Then the salesman said that "personally I don't like Blackberry right now because of what is going on". He never did say the exact reason... He then started telling me about the S4.
    06-25-13 08:38 AM
    I don't work in and have never worked in these stores but I'm assuming there might be commission on sales of units.

Now whether they get more commish from Samsung or iPhone is beyond me. But being in sales I do know when you are selling you're looking for the path of least resistance. What will get you the sale quicker.

Maybe they go to what is more familiar to them. Any BlackBerry owner can sell this device to someone else if they had to. We know the gestures, we know what it can do. If you've been an iPhone user for awhile and haven't touched BlackBerry before you might go with what you know and that's why you hear these stories.

Is it the fault of BlackBerry? Probably not. They do provide the training and what is done with that is up to the sales person.

For the stores it's easy. Sales. They have a target of x$ to sell and if it's reached by iPhone or Android or BlackBerry so be it.

How to solve THAT problem I don't know. Anyone out here work in a store that sells phones? Or runs an operation that can verify my theory?

Nate650 likes this.
    06-25-13 08:48 AM
    Was in Walmart and thought I would check out the Q10 while I was there only to find they had a dummy unit but no working unit(yet). Then the salesman said that "personally I don't like Blackberry right now because of what is going on". He never did say the exact reason... He then started telling me about the S4.
    I forgot to mention that he said that even after I told him I had a Z10. Was kind of like a slap in the face... haha

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:01 AM
    If you go now to the AT&T website and select Shop for smartphones you'll find that ATT is offering 43 devices... ( total of 3 pages). They have the Q10 on the first page in the 5th position along with Samsungs, HTCs and IPhones, but the Z10 is nowhere to be seen. Actually, it is in the very last page in the last place. You don't need to be a marketing genius to realize that AT&T does not want to promote the Z10. I don't know the reason/s why, but they don't. That may also explain why ATT is not pushing the 10.1 update....

At this point, I don't believe BB will be able to regain its position in the market. Especially when the carriers are neither promoting the phone nor providing the necessary support , such as making the updates available.
    06-25-13 09:30 AM
    I don't work in and have never worked in these stores but I'm assuming there might be commission on sales of units.

Now whether they get more commish from Samsung or iPhone is beyond me. But being in sales I do know when you are selling you're looking for the path of least resistance. What will get you the sale quicker.

Maybe they go to what is more familiar to them. Any BlackBerry owner can sell this device to someone else if they had to. We know the gestures, we know what it can do. If you've been an iPhone user for awhile and haven't touched BlackBerry before you might go with what you know and that's why you hear these stories.

Is it the fault of BlackBerry? Probably not. They do provide the training and what is done with that is up to the sales person.

For the stores it's easy. Sales. They have a target of x$ to sell and if it's reached by iPhone or Android or BlackBerry so be it.

How to solve THAT problem I don't know. Anyone out here work in a store that sells phones? Or runs an operation that can verify my theory?

Great post.
    06-25-13 12:29 PM
    I was recently encouraged by Costco and Best Buy's promotion of the Z10:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2891/9...aa038357_k.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5527/9...d8ce99fe_k.jpg
    06-30-13 02:59 PM
    I was just at the Verizon store on 768 Market Street in San Francisco and noticed the Z10 was not on display. I inquired about this atrocity and the lady said the Q10 has been more popular. I guess Verizon doesn't think the Z10 is worth their shelf space. Just wanted to vent and express my extreme disappointment.
    That's about par for the course here in the States......
    06-30-13 03:20 PM
30 12