So I have a Blackberry Z10 in my possession, was brought to me because it apparently had a faulty charging port and the phone wont turn on (or take a charge). Did some trouble shooting and actually found out the battery takes a charge (from a voltage meter I had laying around) from the charging port if plugged in, the phone just wont turn on or flash any LEDs.

EDIT: Also this is in Canada with the phone belonging to the Telus network.

Any ideas? Look forward to resolving this issue and adding it to the knowledge bank.
    thanks,
    Bryan
    Last edited by bryandesrosiers; 04-21-14 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Updating OP with more information.
    04-21-14 02:49 PM
    Does it get recognized by bb link on a pc? Try plugging in without battery, once detected pop battery in.

? Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 on ATT ?
    04-21-14 03:28 PM
    Does it start charging if you play with the connection when it's plugged into the micro USB? If yes, you might need to open up the Z10 and resolder the micro USB connector onto the board.

I had to do this for my old Bold 9900.
    04-21-14 03:30 PM
    Does it get recognized by bb link on a pc? Try plugging in without battery, once detected pop battery in.

? Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 on ATT ?
    Sorry, I should have done a little more clarifying. The Z10 does not link to BBDM, and plugging in without battery doesn't do anything either. Also this is in Canada with the phone belonging to the Telus network. I will update the OP with this information.

Does it start charging if you play with the connection when it's plugged into the micro USB? If yes, you might need to open up the Z10 and resolder the micro USB connector onto the board.

I had to do this for my old Bold 9900.
    I've determined the battery itself is getting a charge with my voltage meter. Just the screen isn't coming to life. There is no physical damage anywhere on the phone. The lady did come in and say (after being to Telus) and having their people say it was a faulty charging port. However the charging port has no indication of being loose or anything.
    04-21-14 03:44 PM
    bump

still looking for help with this problem.
    04-22-14 08:54 AM
    Sorry, I should have done a little more clarifying. The Z10 does not link to BBDM, and plugging in without battery doesn't do anything either. Also this is in Canada with the phone belonging to the Telus network. I will update the OP with this information.

I've determined the battery itself is getting a charge with my voltage meter. Just the screen isn't coming to life. There is no physical damage anywhere on the phone. The lady did come in and say (after being to Telus) and having their people say it was a faulty charging port. However the charging port has no indication of being loose or anything.
    It might not necessarily be obvious. I was only able to see it when I opened the phone. The micro USB connector pins were unsoldered. Fixed it and worked like a charm. If your phone is off warranty you have nothing to lose, try to follow a video to dismount and remount the phone.
    04-24-14 09:34 PM