So basically i updated my phone to this update, and now none of my android apps work, if anyone picks up my phone they can see my messages without unlocking my phone, battery drains faster, some messages wont send and the phone has started going slow when the phone was working perfectly before the update. i tried looking around for help but nowhere is clear enough on what to do, i know i need to remove the 10.2 update and place the 10.1 file back on my phone, but i do not know how to remove the 10.2 update or how or where to place the 10.1 back on my phone, can anyone help me quickly please
    02-07-14 01:48 PM
    Search for a prevoius leak release in the forum and install it..

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 01:52 PM
    If you can save your pics and backup thing then I will suggest you to stick with this update... and do a security swipe and you can turn off lock screen interaction too... your Android runtime will work properly after security wipe

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 01:53 PM
    10.2.1 is way better than 10.1 for the people who know

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 01:54 PM
    And if u cant install it cos the current software is higher..try to wipe the fone using bb link and while it wiping remove the usb cable...then now u will b able to install the leak version

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 01:55 PM
    Im confused, i said i know what i got to do i just don't know how to uninstall the newest software update and how to install the software for 10.1
    02-07-14 02:13 PM
    i just told u ..conect ur mob to bb link via usb and wipe it and while its wiping takeoff the cable,,then u can install the version u want,,
    02-07-14 02:40 PM
    Im confused, i said i know what i got to do i just don't know how to uninstall the newest software update and how to install the software for 10.1
    This is the strangest request ever.
    Instead of fixing it easy, you want to get less functions and actually worse battery life...n

Posted from Z10 with 10.2.1.1925 leak. Pwnage apparatus!
    02-07-14 02:56 PM
    Hey just FYI you aren't alone I am having the exact same problems and nobody at the Verizon store or their call center could figure out what was wrong with it. My battery used to last at least 10 hours a day. After this update I am lucky to get 2 hours out of it and the whole device is laggy. It took almost 5 minutes for my alarm to open. Verizon sent me a new one and I am in the process of setting it up right now and I am going to try to install the upgrade in the new device. I will let you know what happens shortly.
    02-07-14 03:32 PM
    So basically i updated my phone to this update, and now none of my android apps work, if anyone picks up my phone they can see my messages without unlocking my phone, battery drains faster, some messages wont send and the phone has started going slow when the phone was working perfectly before the update. i tried looking around for help but nowhere is clear enough on what to do, i know i need to remove the 10.2 update and place the 10.1 file back on my phone, but i do not know how to remove the 10.2 update or how or where to place the 10.1 back on my phone, can anyone help me quickly please
    The easiest way to get back to 10.1 is to download an autoupdater and run it from a Windows based PC. The most recent 10.1 version should be 10.1.0.1791 or .1803 (as far as I remember). The autoupdater will stamp a 100% clean OS 10.1 on your device and you are ready to go.

Also, note that you cannot restore a backup from 10.2 so you will have to settle with pictures, downloaded files and documents.

IMHO, this is the most stupid solution to your problem.

I have known BB10 from the very early beta days of the dev alpha device and used more or less all version up to 10.2.1.1925, which is by FAR the best version available, including battery life and stability.

Side note: In my very early tech days ('95 or so) I was working as a soft-/hardware technician at a PC manufacturer in the tech support department. Customers could walk in with whatever hardware they had and get our assistance to fix them. One day an elderly man (who was breaking 90% of the hardware he purchased) overheard us cursing Windows 95 while working on a PC. Suddenly he shouted, "Windows 95 is the best operating system ever made" in the middle of the crowd of all other customers. A colleague of mine replied quietly "Some people also like rainy weather".

Going back to 10.1 just associates you with “Windows 95 man” above :-)
    sales 101 likes this.
    02-07-14 05:13 PM
    You can disable /configure Lock Screen Notifications. What Android Apps don't work anymore? What messages don't send and how much slower is the phone? Forget about 10.2 or 10.1 try 10.2.1.1925.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 05:55 PM
    Hey just FYI you aren't alone I am having the exact same problems and nobody at the Verizon store or their call center could figure out what was wrong with it. My battery used to last at least 10 hours a day. After this update I am lucky to get 2 hours out of it and the whole device is laggy. It took almost 5 minutes for my alarm to open. Verizon sent me a new one and I am in the process of setting it up right now and I am going to try to install the upgrade in the new device. I will let you know what happens shortly.
    2 hours? Wow! Does the battery drain all the way down from 100% to 0% or does the phone shut down unexpectedly before 10% without warning?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 05:58 PM
    So when i've unplugged the usb, will it just give me an option of what update i want to install? and can i move all apps and files on my pc or something before i wipe everything?
    02-07-14 06:26 PM
    So when i've unplugged the usb, will it just give me an option of what update i want to install? and can i move all apps and files on my pc or something before i wipe everything?
    Here's what you need to do. First you need to download and install the latest BlackBerry Link Software on your PC. Then you can use that to Backup your Device. It might even tell you that there's a 10.2.1 update available. You can feel free to allow it to install if you see that option. If not you can download the latest 10.2.1.1925 Leaked Update. You need to download the correct one for your model Z10. There's one for STL100-1 and then there's one for all the other models. You can find out which model you have by going into "Settings, then About". After you download the correct 10.2.1.1925 for your phone. Just double click on it and allow it to install on your phone. If it's in a 7Zip, ZIP or RAR file you'll need to extract it first before running it. Allow it to do is thing and when it's finished the phone will be at the setup screen. Follow the steps and setup your phone. After setup is COMPLETED you can restore your phone using BlackBerry Link. It's a lot easier than it sounds.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ll-q-z-887047/

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 08:08 PM
    Thank you for the detailed response! helped me out a lot
    02-08-14 04:56 PM