Not sure if someone posted this, but swiping down on keyboard once brings the numeric pad (twice to bring more characters up), but you can only add one numeric / character before it goes back to qwerty.

Found it by accident and it's a miraculous find so far for me. Works really well for those single numbers you want to add while typing.

Posted via CB10
    amnan.pahamin likes this.
    07-19-13 12:20 PM
    Holding and swipe back the back button on native apps will peak into the home and reveal the sidebar at the same time. Just a hold and backs wipe to the right will bring you back to the last thing.
    Only on full native apps.
    07-19-13 07:06 PM
    You can install a custom gestures app. BlackBerry App World has it and it's free.

Posted via CB10
    What's it called dude?

Posted via Vader10
    07-20-13 12:01 PM
    Thanks for this tip! How in the world that you find it?
    Works on mine. Thought I was the only one

Posted via Vader10
    07-20-13 12:04 PM
    Ok. This is a hard one to do. But it is totally awesome.

Open the gadgets app and start the speedometer.

Now do a hard reset, but hold the button down for 12.2 seconds. When you see the blue led flash twice then

Press the egg button.

Now, enter the digits 09/05/55

Get in your car and get the speed up to 88 mph on the read out of the gadget app.

Hold on and watch out for the pine trees.

Posted via CB10
    kenicolo likes this.
    07-20-13 12:10 PM
    When typing you can do a swipe up to complete a word then backspace to add to the word.....

Example #1 :

Type "sl" and get you get "sleep" above the "e" now swipe up to add the word "sleep" now hit backspace and "sleeping" will appear above the "i"

Example #2 :

Type "bor" and get you get "borrow" above the "r" now swipe up to add the word "borrow" now hit backspace and "borrowing" will appear above the "i" ALSO "barrowed" will appear over the "e" and "borrows" will appear over the "s"

Posted via CB10
    slade632 and djmm2 like this.
    07-23-13 01:57 AM
    Gwanstarr: this is not a hidden trick, that's the keyboard feature

I am not special, I am a Limited Edition using Tapatalk 4 beta
    07-28-13 06:52 AM

Your argument applies to just about everything about the phone. Everything is a feature of the phone and keyboard.

What makes something qualify as a hidden trick is that it's not completely obvious and I think what I posted is not that obvious.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 11:37 AM
    You can see it in every demo video.
    A hidden feature is something you can not see or learn using a video
    Don't be angry with me

08-02-13 04:47 PM
    You can see it in every demo video.
    A hidden feature is something you can not see or learn using a video
    Don't be angry with me

I'm certain there is no video specifically showing what I have displayed. If there is a video, great, please share. But really if the video is not sanctioned by BB, it's not obvious.

No anger here, but I will say that it appears you are shooting something down without really understanding the specifics of the trick that I am try to display. It seems you are writing off my good will of supplying content to this thread. Makes you seem a bit of an sphincter.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 06:02 PM

"Hidden Trick", "Keyboard Feature", or whatever term we call it, I appreciate any effort by BB10 users to inform others of the features that may not be so obvious. To give you an example, I didn't know that tapping on either side of the Edit Circle will move it one character to that direction until I read a post by somebody on CB. That was a great post for me even though it may have been a feature known to many and/or shown in many videos. So I appreciate Gwannstar's efforts in taking the time to highlight whatever feature he feels may be important to others.

Posted via Z10
    nothingworks and slade632 like this.
    08-02-13 09:21 PM
    Just a tip

In the Videos app you will see on the right bottom corner of each video either a full circle for videos that you have not yet watched or a half circle like a half moon for a video you have partially watched or no circle for a video you already watched.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    08-04-13 02:27 AM
    I didn't know this either. Do you happen to know how to change the default by touching icon.

For example I want to put the phone in silent mode, if I touch the bell icon it changes to vibrate.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 03:28 AM
    I didn't know this either. Do you happen to know how to change the default by touching icon.

For example I want to put the phone in silent mode, if I touch the bell icon it changes to vibrate.

Posted via CB10
    You have to first select silent mode once and the next time you touch the icon it will switch between silent and normal

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 03:54 AM
    Thanks boldworld that is really helpful

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:52 AM
    I discovered this a few months ago when I was typing one handed and needed some works with "ing" or "ed". This quick method isn't advertised at all or in videos so good for Gwanstar to let others know who may have not be as experienced with the keyboard

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 11:31 AM
    I discovered today that if you hold the back button down in the browser, it's a shortcut to the history of the site / tab you are currently browsing / using.

I'm running 10.2.0 .1047

BlackBerry Z10 hidden tricks-img_00000435.png

Posted via CB10
    AlvinKeo and dee. like this.
    08-20-13 05:33 PM
    Hold the up and down volume button. Snaps shot where you are on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 06:15 PM
    My Z10 has an amazing ability to make people laugh. All I do is go up to a crowd of people and say "check out my new phone" and when I pull it out to show people, they laugh. Pretty cool.

Posted by my new Z10 running 10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-20-13 06:42 PM
    [QUOTE=ProjectBrett;8681196]When I put mine into airplane mode it Flys around my house!

Posted via CB10 using my Pimpberry Z10

HAHAHA...damn this is one of the funniest post I ever seen...thx man

Posted via CB10 on my Pimpberry Z10 OS10.2.0.1323
    08-20-13 07:18 PM
    My z10 got me laid. I win and no, I won't share.
    08-20-13 09:54 PM
    My z10 got me laid. I win and no, I won't share.
    I'm not even going to ask and no I don't wish to know lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 10:12 PM
    I have been trying to get that bell " silent mode" to change to normal.. but every time I touch it.. it's like the setting from top to middle swipe thing come out zzzz

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 10:18 PM
    Am I doing it wrong or its suppose to be like that Lolz.. tried like for an hour from silent trying to make it to normal mode by pressing that bell zzz

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 10:19 PM
    When I'm in the active frames pane and want to swipe to get to the farthest pane to the right. Instead of swiping over and over again I just drag my finger across the little dots on the bottom. It feels like I'm super speeding my way thru the OS.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's really cool that you can jump directly to a page or quickly swipe through the pages with the little icons at the bottom. But the icons are so small that I don't use them very often. I should use it more, but swiping seems to work fine for me.
    08-20-13 10:30 PM
220 ... 6789