Some optimism and sarcasm in this USA Today article:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...ction/2010039/

Judge for yourself. What I didn't really like to read was the following sarcasm part but some of it maybe due to lack of adequate awareness, excitement and promotion by AT&T and by BlackBerry, perhaps on ground level at least:

"For many BlackBerry loyalists, this is their iPhone moment. At an AT&T store in Emeryville, Harvey Gee, 47, was purchasing a BlackBerry Z10 for his wife, who was stuck at work. Gee, who works near the AT&T store but lives in Castro Valley, said his wife was worried there would be "a run on them" and thought she should get one right away.

"She's a BlackBerry fanatic, so she didn't even consider an iPhone," say Gee.

The AT&T store, just down the street from an Apple store, had just the one customer, Gee, who said he just walked right up. "No wait," says Gee. The Apple store nearby was meanwhile buzzing with activity as people tested out iPhones, iPads, iPods and Macbooks."

I know that word of mouth is the greatest marketing method but before even you reach to the level, you need to create a buzz about the new Z10 is going to be there today and get the people to check it out at least. I think BB would've done right by spending some extra cash to hit more waves itself and not depend too much the carriers as we know Samsung by itself has budgeted $12 billions to market S4, which with its outdated iOS copycat can barely stand next to Z10 and its amazing user experience, but you know if you read it, see it and hear it enough, you will probably smell it also.

Just my opinion as a marketer and a diehard BBer.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 03:44 PM