Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Elite1
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Z10 faults?

I'm on my second handset. I have these issues (and had exactly the same on the last handset):

1. Constant data problems. Logging into Twitter, Blackberry World, Facebook, Maps, even voice recognition takes ages and at least 50% of the time doesn't happen ("Oops, An error occurred"). Haven't yet managed to get any radio app to work ("Buffering").

2. Remember memos - not searchable - am I really supposed to scroll through hundreds of memos every time I use?!

3. Calendar events - not editable if in the past - so forget about adding meeting attendees or useful notes. Entering new events sometimes leaves the phone hanging for minutes.

4. Lots of contacts/calendar syncing problems, eventually overcome by importing the Calendar via Gmail using CalDav. Contacts however have not imported into the phone and the Contacts are empty despite the Gmail account showing as the contact default and all my contacts clearly being on my Gmail account.

5. I can't find any way of backing my memos up from 'Remember'

Anyone have any ideas - will these problems get smoothed out with software updates or does it sound like a dodgy batch of phones? Or (shiver) is the Z10 just a crock?
    Last edited by Bartleby001; 02-20-2013 at 05:47 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

No? Just me eh?

Global Posts
    13,060 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by Bartleby001 View Post
    I'm on my second handset. I have these issues (and had exactly the same on the last handset):

1. Constant data problems. Logging into Twitter, Blackberry World, Facebook, Maps, even voice recognition takes ages and at least 50% of the time doesn't happen ("Oops, An error occurred"). Haven't yet managed to get any radio app to work ("Buffering").

2. Remember memos - not searchable - am I really supposed to scroll through hundreds of memos every time I use?!

3. Calendar events - not editable if in the past - so forget about adding meeting attendees or useful notes. Entering new events sometimes leaves the phone hanging for minutes.

4. Lots of contacts/calendar syncing problems, eventually overcome by importing the Calendar via Gmail using CalDav. Contacts however have not imported into the phone and the Contacts are empty despite the Gmail account showing as the contact default and all my contacts clearly being on my Gmail account.

Anyone have any ideas - will these problems get smoothed out with software updates or does it sound like a dodgy batch of phones? Or (shiver) is the Z10 just a crock?
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you're able, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

For #1, have you tried a hard reboot of the device? Either hold down top button until it reboots, or just pull out the battery then replace it in a minute.
    I don't experience those delays/lags at all.

2. You can search Remember items without even opening Remember using the Search app. On home screen, launch a new Search by tapping magnifying glass icon at bottom. Just type what you need, and you'll see the results dynamically populated as you continue to type.

Can't comment on 3 or 4 yet.

And for your last question, I strongly believe we'll see many of the early issues sorted out with upcoming firmware updates.
    Best of luck!
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts

To add to what elite1 said:

You can search within remember by using the main Search app/icon, but you can also search Only within Remember by simply going to search, hitting the 3 lines, and then Remember.
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
    Thanked by:
    Elite1 (02-19-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts

I have had none of these issues you have experienced, but i see it as a new OS and phone and soon a BB10 update will be out.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

This is a statement I found on "Seeking Alpha" Hope it is not true.

Introduction
    BlackBerry (
    BBRY) has been one of the most traded technology stocks inthe last couple of months. This Canadian smartphone maker was given up fordead, as it failed to keep up with the technological improvements made by theApple (AAPL) and Samsung smartphones. BBRY failed to adjustitself to the tectonic shifts in the smartphone industry, toward touch screensand consumer markets. The company was very late to move into this segment andnever had products that were as good as the iPhone. BBRY's new BB 10 operatingsystem and smartphones (Z10) hope to cover the lost ground. However, it will beimpossible for BBRY to regain its lost market share as the smartphone industryhas rapidly evolved since its leadership days. BBRY is now directly competingwith the biggest companies. To match their size and power, BBRY needs moreresources. While the company's new products may or may not succeed, BBRY willbenefit from a bigger parent as it is tough for it to compete alone. BBRY'scurrent valuation is quite cheap and it represents an attractive target. Wethink BBRY's acquisition will represent a win-win situation for both parties. read more »
    Moreon BBRY

BlackBerry Buzzing In All The Right Places by New Century
    BlackBerry Creates The Foundation Of Its Future - A Bright Oneby Alan Castell
    Crunching The Numbers: BlackBerry Severely Undervalued byGene Chan
    Otherarticles that mention BBRY

Outside Of The Box Logic And Why Apple Might Still Not Be A Buyby George Kesarios
    Apple's Growing Slice Of The Enterprise Market Should OffsetOther Concerns by Carol Kong
    Will Nokia's Platform Transition Pay Off? by Urban Jaekle
    Last edited by PestPro; 02-19-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: added more content
    Harold C.
    St. Peters, Mo 63376
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PestPro View Post
    We think BBRY's acquisition will represent a win-win situation for both parties.

Blackberry's acquisition of who or what?
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts

I don't have a single one of these issues you've described, mine has been nearly flawless in operation...so no, the Z10 is not a "crock" in my opinion, you however have seemed to have some bad luck...hope you get it worked out
    #itsjustaphone

My band Fuse Box (powered by BlackBerry)

Global Posts
    13,060 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

We think BBRY's acquisition will represent a win-win situation for both parties.

Wow, no idea what you're talking about?

Would love to know...
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    seanpriest likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Can't say I have had any of these issues. My contacts sync'd from Gmail perfectly and my calendars seem just fine - I use one with Gmail, one through Hotmail and my work exchange calendar. The voice recognition works extremely well and VERY fast for me as does entering and using all the apps (I did a test using my phone and my friend's iPhone 5 at the same time and mine was slightly faster in creating a text message using voice recognition). The only issues I have had so far is not being able to do a backup via the Link software (pretty annoying) and when my device is fully charged the light indicator continues to pulsate amber rather than turn green which I believe it should do.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mine works perfectly. I use Office 365 though, I believe it to the the best service to hook to BB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Thanks for the replies. Excellent that I can search memos - phew! I have tried hard rebooting - many times. The data delays - well, if it really just is me, then maybe it's the device or maybe there's a conflict with my wifi or something.

Thanks again!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts

Hi,

want to weigh in.

I have some of the issues described and hope a software update will solve it. It's important to acknowledge that a lot of device versions are floating around and some are on newer firmware versions than others. Here in the UAE we are getting the TI-OMAP version with a 10.0.9.something firmware, so many things that might work in UK or Canada might not work here and vice versa.

Maybe we should always add this info or request it, so we can make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Just an idea,
    K
    CrackBerry User

Hi
    I had some of these data related issues and found that changing the band on my cisco wifi router solved them completely. Before doing this I had to restart the wifi service on the Z10 several time a day now it is completely resolved
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Interesting - I'll see if I can try that.

I've been scanning the boards, but haven't found any way of backing up the notes in Remember - anyone ideas?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

Thanks for the replies. Excellent that I can search memos - phew! I have tried hard rebooting - many times. The data delays - well, if it really just is me, then maybe it's the device or maybe there's a conflict with my wifi or something.

Thanks again!
    I sometimes see the data delays as well. For the time being I'm chalking it up to an unlocked phone on an unsupported network.
    CrackBerry Abuser

BBRY'scurrent valuation is quite cheap and it represents an attractive target. Wethink BBRY's acquisition will represent a win-win situation for both parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by D Mac View Post
    Blackberry's acquisition of who or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    Wow, no idea what you're talking about?

Would love to know...
    LOL... guys, I think he's talking about the acquisition OF Blackberry, not any acquisition BY Blackberry... just saying