Blackberry Z10 faults?
I'm on my second handset. I have these issues (and had exactly the same on the last handset):
1. Constant data problems. Logging into Twitter, Blackberry World, Facebook, Maps, even voice recognition takes ages and at least 50% of the time doesn't happen ("Oops, An error occurred"). Haven't yet managed to get any radio app to work ("Buffering").
2. Remember memos - not searchable - am I really supposed to scroll through hundreds of memos every time I use?!
3. Calendar events - not editable if in the past - so forget about adding meeting attendees or useful notes. Entering new events sometimes leaves the phone hanging for minutes.
4. Lots of contacts/calendar syncing problems, eventually overcome by importing the Calendar via Gmail using CalDav. Contacts however have not imported into the phone and the Contacts are empty despite the Gmail account showing as the contact default and all my contacts clearly being on my Gmail account.
5. I can't find any way of backing my memos up from 'Remember'
Anyone have any ideas - will these problems get smoothed out with software updates or does it sound like a dodgy batch of phones? Or (shiver) is the Z10 just a crock?
Last edited by Bartleby001; 02-20-13 at 05:47 AM.
- 02-19-13, 04:39 PM #3
As soon as you're able, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.
For #1, have you tried a hard reboot of the device? Either hold down top button until it reboots, or just pull out the battery then replace it in a minute.
I don't experience those delays/lags at all.
2. You can search Remember items without even opening Remember using the Search app. On home screen, launch a new Search by tapping magnifying glass icon at bottom. Just type what you need, and you'll see the results dynamically populated as you continue to type.
Can't comment on 3 or 4 yet.
And for your last question, I strongly believe we'll see many of the early issues sorted out with upcoming firmware updates.
Best of luck!
- 02-19-13, 04:57 PM #6
This is a statement I found on "Seeking Alpha" Hope it is not true.
BlackBerry (BBRY) has been one of the most traded technology stocks inthe last couple of months. This Canadian smartphone maker was given up fordead, as it failed to keep up with the technological improvements made by theApple (AAPL) and Samsung smartphones. BBRY failed to adjustitself to the tectonic shifts in the smartphone industry, toward touch screensand consumer markets. The company was very late to move into this segment andnever had products that were as good as the iPhone. BBRY's new BB 10 operatingsystem and smartphones (Z10) hope to cover the lost ground. However, it will beimpossible for BBRY to regain its lost market share as the smartphone industryhas rapidly evolved since its leadership days. BBRY is now directly competingwith the biggest companies. To match their size and power, BBRY needs moreresources. While the company's new products may or may not succeed, BBRY willbenefit from a bigger parent as it is tough for it to compete alone. BBRY'scurrent valuation is quite cheap and it represents an attractive target. Wethink BBRY's acquisition will represent a win-win situation for both parties. read more »
BlackBerry Buzzing In All The Right Places by New Century
BlackBerry Creates The Foundation Of Its Future - A Bright Oneby Alan Castell
Crunching The Numbers: BlackBerry Severely Undervalued byGene Chan
Otherarticles that mention BBRY
Outside Of The Box Logic And Why Apple Might Still Not Be A Buyby George Kesarios
Apple's Growing Slice Of The Enterprise Market Should OffsetOther Concerns by Carol Kong
Will Nokia's Platform Transition Pay Off? by Urban Jaekle
Last edited by PestPro; 02-19-13 at 06:06 PM. Reason: added more content
- 02-19-13, 05:05 PM #8
- CrackBerry User
02-19-13, 05:18 PM #10
- 97 Posts
Can't say I have had any of these issues. My contacts sync'd from Gmail perfectly and my calendars seem just fine - I use one with Gmail, one through Hotmail and my work exchange calendar. The voice recognition works extremely well and VERY fast for me as does entering and using all the apps (I did a test using my phone and my friend's iPhone 5 at the same time and mine was slightly faster in creating a text message using voice recognition). The only issues I have had so far is not being able to do a backup via the Link software (pretty annoying) and when my device is fully charged the light indicator continues to pulsate amber rather than turn green which I believe it should do.
Thanks for the replies. Excellent that I can search memos - phew! I have tried hard rebooting - many times. The data delays - well, if it really just is me, then maybe it's the device or maybe there's a conflict with my wifi or something.
- 02-20-13, 05:16 AM #13
want to weigh in.
I have some of the issues described and hope a software update will solve it. It's important to acknowledge that a lot of device versions are floating around and some are on newer firmware versions than others. Here in the UAE we are getting the TI-OMAP version with a 10.0.9.something firmware, so many things that might work in UK or Canada might not work here and vice versa.
Maybe we should always add this info or request it, so we can make sure we are talking about the same thing.
Just an idea,
- By Carmels in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 12Last Post: 01-08-13, 07:01 PM
- By flip4life4751 in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 78Last Post: 01-04-13, 07:04 PM
- By Acidwire in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 5Last Post: 12-26-12, 11:26 AM
- By mcsemcp in forum News & RumorsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-24-12, 04:57 PM
- By Napster16 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 5Last Post: 06-13-12, 11:08 PM