I am getting a Blackberry Z10 in two days (can't wait !), so I was wondering what the data consumption on the device was like ?

I know that BB 10 doesn't use data compression. I have a data plan that includes 2 GB of data with a speed of 7,2 Mb/s and then unlimited data with 128 Kb/s. Will this be enough ? I have Wi-Fi at home. Also how usable are those 128 Kb/s on a mobile device such as the Z10 ? It seems slugishly slow to me...

And yeah, big hello to the Crackberry.com community.
    07-27-13 01:13 PM
    Hi Nedim,

Welcome to the crackberry forums!

What device are you coming from? Yes it's true that your Z10 will use more data then a legacy BB, partially because it isn't compressed the same way, but also just because you'll use it more! - You are going to love this device!

That said, if you are coming from android or iphone you should find the usage similar.. definitely use wifi when you can. but you should get away with 2GB otherwise. I can't comment on using it a 128kbs.. but I don't imagine it would be great.
    07-27-13 01:48 PM
    Its about the same as an andriod or ios device as far as i can tell. Ive got a 4.5gb data plan and set my device up so it only allows downloads of apps via wifi. I stream music to my stereo,read a TON of news articles with pictures and watch the occasional videos but nothing heavy duty with the exception of crackle which i use wifi for at home.

Over the last couple of months since i got it (march) ive rarely used up more than half of my data plan. Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:49 PM
    Hi there ! Thanks for the nice welcome and the swift and comprehensive replies, I hope to be an active member of the community now.

I will be using the Z10 primarily for streaming music and accessing Dropbox (I believe it also comes with a native app called "Box" if I'm not mistaken.)

I just have my worries if that experience will be more or less the same once I burn through the 2 GB.

Also, to answer one of your questions I come from (as you can see in the signature) BB Bold 9780 which I loved, still do actually. The only cons I have about it are it's speed when opening applications that use more system resources and the overall web-browsing experience. I had a 500 MB data plan which I hardly ever used, but with the Z10 I can't and won't help myself but to use it extensively for the before mentioned tasks.

What do you think ? Am I going to be able to access swiftly Dropbox and stream music to my device while I'm outside once I'm on 128 Kb/s ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-27-13 03:57 PM
    Yeah i came from a 9780 and youll definitely notice a speed increase from the responsiveness of the keyboard on the Z to the opening of apps. As far as sysyem resources i never have more than three or four apps open at a time and never experience any lag whatsoever.
    Web browsing is light years beyond what we had on legacy devices and ive found that if there isnt an app i can download a web enabled shortcut and often times its superior to an app on a competing platform
    Enjoy your device and welcome to the forums XD

Posted via CB10
    Nedim Karakas likes this.
    07-27-13 04:15 PM
    Steaming audio will definitely eat through your data, and I don't think it will stream well on 128kbs.. is that the only plan your carriers offers?

Posted via CB10
    Nedim Karakas likes this.
    07-27-13 04:30 PM
    Yeah, that's the best plan my carrier offers, sadly. It sucks, but here in BiH only my carrier offers Blackberry devices. The things we do for the gadgets we love...

Thank you guys ! You've been really helpful.
    07-27-13 06:08 PM
    Depends on how many hours you will spend connected to wifi, I only have 800MB of data plan because I'm always connected to wifi whether it's at my work, or my home. If you stream music though, I think it may not be enough to have 2Gb of data plan, connect to wifi more often will be better =D you don't want to suffer from slow connection =D
    07-27-13 09:13 PM
    I have a 6GB plan and use about 2GB of that on average without trying to save.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 09:16 PM