Hey guys,

I tried unlocking a Bell Z10 through the CrackBerry unlocks here--no unlock code found (after about 2 hours). So I then tried another site; after 3-days they gave me an unlock code of '00000000' (then explained I need to wait for a 'secondary unlock' code). I then called Bell, they told me I need to be a Bell customer to unlock(??).

So here I am, with a great Z10 that's dead to me (I'm on Rogers). Any advice on a site that might have better luck getting a code? I don't read about a lot of Bell Z10 unlocking issues so I'm kind of puzzled as to what's going on...
    03-04-13 08:58 PM
    I'm not sure what to tell you. I actually got the same type of response from another service also in regards to a Bell Z10. If you are within the return time frame you can always return and re-buy somewhere else. Otherwise hold tight. Word on the street is that the unlocking is about to get a lot easier.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 09:06 PM
    Best guys so far (for me [ive unlocked 2 so far]) are :

Quick Phone Unlock | Unlock your phone

They unlock everyday before 8pm. They only charge $19.99 for Bell.

They also offer 100% satisfaction guarantee or full refund.
    03-04-13 09:21 PM
    Only if I saw this a week ago. I had a rogers phone with bell service we could've switch phones without unlocking. But anyways I got my unlock code from cellphoneunlock.net it was 40 $ but i used a 50% off coupon blackberryretailmenot. Got the code fast in less than 4hour working business house. Give it a try.
    danfrancisco likes this.
    03-04-13 09:24 PM
    I used BlackBerryCodeSource.com Worked like a charm for me, but my Z10 was from Rogers. You can give them a try...not like you used up any attempts yet! Goodluck, hope it works out.
    03-04-13 09:25 PM
    If you're on Rogers why wouldn't you have purchased a Rogers Z10.

I didn't think Rogers and Bell devices were interchangeable as they use different technologies for their frequencies and such. Someone correct me if wrong.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 09:47 PM
    Why not buy the phone from the carrier you want to use it with? This saves a lot of time, and any risk if the phone may be buggy after.
    FSeverino likes this.
    03-04-13 09:59 PM
    If you're on Rogers why wouldn't you have purchased a Rogers Z10.

I didn't think Rogers and Bell devices were interchangeable as they use different technologies for their frequencies and such. Someone correct me if wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Rogers and Bell Z10s are interchangeable.

Bell phones are easier and cheaper to unlock than Rogers ones.
    03-04-13 10:04 PM
    Why not buy the phone from the carrier you want to use it with? This saves a lot of time, and any risk if the phone may be buggy after.
    thats what i always wondered
    03-04-13 10:14 PM
    Thanks for the tips. I've tried Quick Phone Unlock--they refunded me and couldn't find a code. I have one site that is contacting bell directly for a code--I'm hoping they come through.

I got this phone practically brand new for $500. Since Rogers is selling them for $600+tax I figured I'd save $160-ish going this route as I couldn't find many people haven't issues with Bell unlocks. I hoping I can eventually get a code.
    03-04-13 10:38 PM
    Thanks for the tips. I've tried Quick Phone Unlock--they refunded me and couldn't find a code. I have one site that is contacting bell directly for a code--I'm hoping they come through.

I got this phone practically brand new for $500. Since Rogers is selling them for $600+tax I figured I'd save $160-ish going this route as I couldn't find many people haven't issues with Bell unlocks. I hoping I can eventually get a code.
    That explains why you didn't get it directly from Rogers in the first place lol... Doesn't sound like a bad deal at all! Hope you get it unlocked!
    03-04-13 10:40 PM
    Best guys so far (for me [ive unlocked 2 so far]) are :

Quick Phone Unlock | Unlock your phone

They unlock everyday before 8pm. They only charge $19.99 for Bell.

They also offer 100% satisfaction guarantee or full refund.
    Just unlocked my Bell Z10 with this guy. Got back to me within an hour. Excellent service, highly recommended.
    ramxx likes this.
    03-04-13 11:08 PM
    Hey guys, thanks for the help, but I've tried all the places suggested and even some other ones--nobody has an unlock code.

So I'm wondering how this works, is the IMEI so new that Bell might not even have the unlock code yet? So I'd just have to wait? Or could it be possible this phone is just unlockable?
    03-07-13 09:42 AM
    Just an update in case others have problems with Bell Z10 unlocks. The guys at Cellunlocker.net - #1 Unlock Codes for Network Cell Phone Unlocking came through after about 2 days--great service, good updates. (pro tip: mine unlocked using the first 8 digits of the code they provided--not the full 16). I went through four unlocking sites so it was great one worked!

Cheers,
    03-09-13 02:39 PM
    I'm still waiting for a code from crackberry's unlock... it's been over 5 days!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 02:46 PM
    Ok. I ended up using cellunlocker.net

Took about 24hrs to get my unlock code(s). They sent me three 16 digit codes. None of them worked until I entered the first 8 digits of the second code which was successful. A bit nervous as I was at 5 entry tries but it worked out. Hope this post helps other Bell unlockers.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:16 PM
    I actually unlocked my Bell z10 with crackberry and took about 3 hours. They sent me a 8 digits number that worked in the first try

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:38 PM
    I unlocked my bell z10 yesterday. Used Quick Phone Unlock | Unlock your phone. The codes get received every business day before 830pm. Price is 20$ and they have customer support. I actually submitted the request saturday. Sunday night came around and the status said "code not found". Had a quick chat with customer support and they informed me that bell server doesn't work weekends. Come Monday evening I had my code ready. Will be using them in the future.
    ramxx likes this.
    03-12-13 10:30 PM
    Only if I saw this a week ago. I had a rogers phone with bell service we could've switch phones without unlocking. But anyways I got my unlock code from cellphoneunlock.net it was 40 $ but i used a 50% off coupon blackberryretailmenot. Got the code fast in less than 4hour working business house. Give it a try.
    THANK YOU for the tip with the discount code! Everywhere I've looked, Rogers unlocked codes are $40. Took me all of 10 seconds to hit this site up as I was worried that the discount code had expired! Luckily it didn't and now all I have to do is wait for them to process my order!

Incidentally, I know the main advantage to unlocking the phone is to remove the carrier restriction (which I do take advantage of when I travel abroad). But does anyone know what else we can do to the phone? I assume I can't get rid of the Rogers bloatware since that's associated with the SIM card right?
    03-12-13 10:43 PM