Charge your phone til it stops charging (I use this app to monitor the charging current: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19908036 ) don't unplug it - make more of the battery health then restart the device. Let it continue charging after the restart, and make note of the new battery health.

Seems to recalibrate the battery when you do this. That's a regular restart btw, I didn't have to do "hard" reboot.

The trick is this. The phone has to be "fully charged" and plugged in, then you restart it (still plugged in) and what seems to happen is the battery health raises to near 100%, the battery level drops and the phone will continue charging.. or vice versa. Either way, this worked for a couple people I know.

Edit: if you use stl100-1 it is a bug that happens after device wipe.. I think the fix was to pull the battery for 15 minutes
    03-04-14 12:09 AM
    The idea is that we shouldn't be trying these tricks to get a simple thing working. If BlackBerry could not manage to fix this issue, in spite of numerous complaints, an issue which seems pretty straightforward to me, then they deserve the position they are now in the mobile world. Any other phone I have used so far worked (in terms of battery charging) perfectly. No, not the Z10. I'm not speaking here about the standby and the use of battery, that is a total different story (not a happy one, still...).Just the simple process of charging the phone, a "huge" task for a BlackBerry Z10 phone.
    03-04-14 12:24 AM
    The idea is that we shouldn't be trying these tricks to get a simple thing working. If BlackBerry could not manage to fix this issue, in spite of numerous complaints, an issue which seems pretty straightforward to me, then they deserve the position they are now in the mobile world. Any other phone I have used so far worked (in terms of battery charging) perfectly. No, not the Z10. I'm not speaking here about the standby and the use of battery, that is a total different story (not a happy one, still...).Just the simple process of charging the phone, a "huge" task for a BlackBerry Z10 phone.
    Google Android battery miscalibration and you will see that this doesn't just happen to BlackBerry phones. It also happens to laptops as well sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 07:20 AM
    I have a similar problem: when battery reads @ about 32% level, my Z10 shuts off. This stated going on since the 10.1 upgrade. I gave not installed the leaked 10.2. It's a nuisance because one thinks it still has enough power to go on for at least 2 hours and then it suddenly shuts and all's lost... I use the original charger and am very careful with the device. I think this might be a memory effect on the battery (it's supposed not to have) or else I can't explain... I think I'll take it to the store and invoke the product's warranty... BTW, anyone knows how to completely drain the battery...long past below 32%?

Posted via CB10
    Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.

I'm not saying that weak chargers are the cause or the only thing that can trigger this flaw in the phones but it is a factor in many cases of battery charging circuit miscalibration.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 07:22 AM
    blackberry z10 battery not charging by phone or battery fully charged but phone show battery low
    02-01-15 02:36 AM
30 12