There is an issue that I called blackberry about regarding the charge indicator on the Z10. If one goes to this website, LED and battery notifications - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0, the LED indicator for charge never turns green. There is either a hardware issue or possibly a software issue. I think its in the hardware as a design error. I replaced the phone and the battery, but the results were the same. Who has experienced this issue? If so, beat on Blackberry to correct this indicator problem.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    04-08-13 02:19 PM
    I think it's a software thing. I have not seen my LED turn green either when fully charged.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    04-08-13 02:28 PM
    My z10's led turns green when fully charged

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 02:47 PM
    my led doesn't even turn on when i'm charging... is this a setting somewhere?
    04-08-13 02:52 PM
    I have never seen my led turn green

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 03:02 PM
    Haven't had my led go green for this either.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-08-13 03:07 PM
    Mine turns green. I have battery lover, and it has a option for the led light

Posted via CB10
    Aston Martin 007 likes this.
    04-08-13 03:09 PM
    I have discovered that if I let the z10 get down to around 60% battery life and below and power the device off, plug it in to the charger and let it complete the charging cycle, the LED will flash red during the charging cycle and turn solid green when the charging cycle is complete.

If I have around 80-85% battery life left and power the device off, plug it into the charger, the LED will just keep flashing red, even if the charging cycle is complete and the device shows 100% after I power it back up. Why it does this, I don't know, but it still charges the device so no big deal to me. Something that a software fix will take care of down the road.

After I discovered this , I just let the battery get down to 50% or below, power the device off before I go to bed, plug in the charger and I have a solid green LED when I get up in the morning, Indicating the device is fully charged.

It sounds strange but, this is how my z10 acts when charging the battery, most of the time I leave the device on and plugged in and the battery indicator at the top of the screen will indicate when the device is charging and turn solid when it's at 100%. Just my observation.

PS:The charging LED does not flash red or turn solid green for the battery charging status when the device is powered on, only when the device is powered off, at least on my model.
    merovingian83 and Jeffreak like this.
    04-08-13 03:17 PM
    Only seen it goes green when power it down. Otherwise, while phone is on, neither LED flashes while charging nor it turns green at full charge.
    04-08-13 03:21 PM
    My experience with this.

After reading a lot of the battery gurus say it's not necessary to calibrate, I'll say they are right. However, the B10 software needs to sync with the battery. I had mine for roughly 4 days with no green full charge light. What I did is a full charge with the phone on, complete drain (maxed brightness while watching YouTube) until phone shut off, then charged with phone turned 'off' (If phone turns on, turn it off while charging)....Bam, green light all the time. It's the OS not the battery

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 03:23 PM
    I have never ever seen either a yellow or green light, only red for sometype of notification. Coarse i never turn my phone off either, it is all i have. hope they fix this somewhere alone the line. PLEASE
    07-01-13 01:45 PM
    I had this problem. Noticed phone gets quite warm when charging so, took battery cover off when charging and, led went green after fully charged. Don't know why but, seems to have something to do with the phone getting warm!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:17 PM
    Never have I seen a Green LED on my Z10. Only Red. And never any indicator of charging status.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:12 PM
    I think the LED light only appears when your device is switched off.. so don't worry about it too much

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 10:29 PM
    If I have around 80-85% battery life left and power the device off, plug it into the charger, the LED will just keep flashing red, even if the charging cycle is complete and the device shows 100% after I power it back up. Why it does this, I don't know, but it still charges the device so no big deal to me. Something that a software fix will take care of down the road.
    I have got the same problem, after I done the software update
    07-08-13 07:07 AM
    Hello everyone*
    I am facing issue with battery icon it never turns full solid no matter how long I charge it. When the battery reaches 75% the charging icon disappear.*
    Any clue???*

OS version 10.1.0.1720
    Software release 10.1.0.273
    Model no. STL100-1
    07-23-13 12:37 PM
    My experience with this.

After reading a lot of the battery gurus say it's not necessary to calibrate, I'll say they are right. However, the B10 software needs to sync with the battery. I had mine for roughly 4 days with no green full charge light. What I did is a full charge with the phone on, complete drain (maxed brightness while watching YouTube) until phone shut off, then charged with phone turned 'off' (If phone turns on, turn it off while charging)....Bam, green light all the time. It's the OS not the battery

Posted via CB10
    Did doing this improve your battery life at all? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 01:18 PM
    I have discovered that if I let the z10 get down to around 60% battery life and below and power the device off, plug it in to the charger and let it complete the charging cycle, the LED will flash red during the charging cycle and turn solid green when the charging cycle is complete.

After I discovered this , I just let the battery get down to 50% or below, power the device off before I go to bed, plug in the charger and I have a solid green LED when I get up in the morning, Indicating the device is fully charged.

It sounds strange but, this is how my z10 acts when charging the battery, most of the time I leave the device on and plugged in and the battery indicator at the top of the screen will indicate when the device is charging and turn solid when it's at 100%. Just my observation.

PS:The charging LED does not flash red or turn solid green for the battery charging status when the device is powered on, only when the device is powered off, at least on my model.
    What's your model?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 01:23 PM