I've got to say that i have mixed feelings about Blackberry World. I totally do not mind android apps on Playbook or BB10. I think this was right decision for Blackberry to develop android player.
    My problem is with quality of apps being approved. I find that some apps should not be approved to Blackberry World. It is weird that good android apps that work perfectly on BB10 such as Tumblr or Pinterest or Tapatalk or Flipboard are nowhere to be found in Blackberry App world and some ... how shall i put not to hurt anyone feeling .......poor quality apps are in the app store.
    To give you one example : Ontario Hwy Traffic Info. maps load forever and traffic cameras are so tiny that i would need to have magnifying glass to see anything. What is the point of approving this app in Blackberry World. Blackberry should have higher requirements. Either apps work well on BB10 or they are not in the app world. It is better to have less apps but apps that work well.
    We do not need garbage or shall i say poorly ported apps. Seriously how can blackberry expect iphone users to switch and be happy with z10. if not quanity then at least quality should be there. it is better to have less than more of bad. apps that have low scores 1 or 2 bars etc. should be reviewed by Blackberry and taken off the blackberry world if quality control find them not working properly. what is your feeling about it.
    MattUK likes this.
    02-15-13 08:07 PM
    Also, when you guys answer the OP (thanks for posting this), can you say if you've reviewed / rated apps that you find good, bad or neither in BlackBerry World? Specifically, have you gone back to BlackBerry World to give a low-quality / poorly-performing app a bad review?

PS: Should this be moved to the Apps forum?
    02-15-13 09:03 PM
    Agree with this, it should be about quality not quantity, but quantity is the only way to convert the iSheep

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    j8330 likes this.
    02-15-13 09:35 PM
    I have always suspected the quantity of Android apps has no bearing on the quality of said apps and I am finding that out with each passing day.
    02-15-13 09:41 PM
    Agree with this, it should be about quality not quantity, but quantity is the only way to convert the iSheep

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    let isheep stay with apple, they are annoying and don't know anything about 'smart phone' talking to SIRI & Playing useless games does not make a fone a smart phone. I can tell them 90000000000 reasons why apple / ifone is **** as a corporation and as a phone.

I dont mind android, they are good
    02-15-13 09:45 PM
    I agree. Some of these android apps are very poor quality.
    02-15-13 09:52 PM
    let isheep stay with apple, they are annoying and don't know anything about 'smart phone' talking to SIRI & Playing useless games does not make a fone a smart phone. I can tell them 90000000000 reasons why apple / ifone is **** as a corporation and as a phone.

Off topic. But, man, you come here bashing their "ignorance" and yet you say "fone".
    Back on track, I wouldn't be so sure on apple being a bad company. Otherwise, they wouldn't sell.
    Whatever.

Any kind of market share is good market share. So we do NEED iOS users on board. We need everyone on board.
    But I do agree, we need some quality apps. Android apps at the very least if we can't get native versions.
    02-15-13 10:25 PM

Interesting take on things.. not sure everyone will agree.

My view.. BlackBerry have been clear on the direction they took.. do they adopt an existing platform or create their own.. we know which way that went, but in the process they realised that to get developers on board they needed to make the platform flexible.. Blackberry OS7 and early was equally as poor when it came to applications in my view, there were more, as it had more time to grow, but the quality of those was often pants.

By opening the Android market, this is a master move.. but it is ONLY a master move if they plug the problem with Android.. how insecure it is or can be, so for me with my corporate hat on wanting to give users more flexibility in using the new platform is that apps appearing in the app store MUST be quality controlled. Apple succeeds because they control their store, and for the most part keep most of the apps that are dodgy out (not so much a bad quality app).

Quality control may only mean checking that an app is secure and not leaking data or doing something it should not be.. beyond that the quality of an application in its functionality really is down to the people who download and then bother to review and warn others. I've downloaded several awful apps, and I make sure to review it as such to put other people off, and to hopefully prompt the developer or porter that they need to do better.

What I think is a mistake though, is those ports that are clearly bad, and are functionally impacted or perform badly, as this reflect then badly on the BlackBerry itself. Sideloading of course bypasses all of this, and while that gives the flexibility of an Android to normal non corp users and thus I assume hopefully attracting more users it is not something a corporate would want, and therefore BES10 allows you to disable that function.
    02-15-13 11:12 PM