Hey CB - my sister has forgotten her BlackBerry World Password and she is on attempt 9 of 10. What happens next? She has had the hint sent to her. That didn't help. Any way to reset without everything being wiped? I'm trying to get her set up with new updates and I kinda need this to move forward. Thanks for your help in advance!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 08:10 PM
    BlackBerry World? That password shouldn't wipe your device. The device's password does that, to prevent people from breaking into a loked unit.

Are you sure you're asking the rught questions?

The device lock password and the BBID's password (used for BlackBerry World) ARE different. That could be the thing happening, she could be trying to unlock the device with the wrong password.

Sadly, the only solution to this scenario is entering the right password.
    12-25-13 08:12 PM
    Thanks Diegonei you are correct. It is not the device password but the BlackBerry World Password. What happens when all 10 attempts have been exhausted? No wipe. I think it is asking for this password since she has been trying to get the updates. Is that right? Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 10:54 PM
    Thanks Diegonei you are correct. It is not the device password but the BlackBerry World Password. What happens when all 10 attempts have been exhausted? No wipe. I think it is asking for this password since she has been trying to get the updates. Is that right? Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry World prompts me for purchase attempts (optional setting) but not for anything else.
    12-25-13 11:00 PM
    Also, there's always the option to reset BlackBerry ID password online.
    nah.uhh and tg1 like this.
    12-25-13 11:03 PM
    Also, there's always the option to reset BlackBerry ID password online.
    Yeah, this. Have her change the BBID's password on the site and then enter it on the device. Looks like she forgot it...
    tg1 likes this.
    12-25-13 11:25 PM
    Thanks Everyone! Resetting online worked like a charm. Really appreciate your help. CB gang has never failed me. Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to help out. Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    diegonei, FF22 and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    12-26-13 12:13 AM