I am only getting a notification in the hub of an update if I first go into BlackBerry world and click on the app.

For instance I went into BlackBerry world just now and clicked on the Facebook app and then I got a notification in the hub that an update was available.

Is that the way it is? I will just have to manually open up every app I have to check for an update?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:17 PM
    I have noticed the same thing. If thats the way it is supposed to be, then whats the point of it showing in the hub?
    03-31-13 06:29 PM
    Notifications has been only partially reliable for me. I am not receiving notifications part of the time, while receiving false notifications at other times. This is particularly true of BBW notifications.

Very frustrating.
    Last edited by niss63; 03-31-13 at 06:50 PM.
    03-31-13 06:29 PM
    Mine show up in the Hub, and then when I go to BB world to update them, they show up again. lol
    03-31-13 06:40 PM
    I always have to check manually too. Then I get a bunch of Hub notifications

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:42 PM
    I always have to check manually too. Then I get a bunch of Hub notifications

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.
    03-31-13 06:44 PM
    they never show up for me until i hit check for updates. Someone in a nother thread mentioned Appworld does appear to check but only like 1 time every 3 days or something like that.
    03-31-13 06:45 PM
    they never show up for me until i hit check for updates. Someone in a nother thread mentioned Appworld does appear to check but only like 1 time every 3 days or something like that.
    I guess thats better than nothing. I thought it was strange that they didn't show up in the hub until I checked Appworld. I have only had my Z10 for 3 days so I wouldn't know at this point.
    03-31-13 06:52 PM
    App world is flakey at best.
    fsufan1200#CB likes this.
    03-31-13 06:58 PM
    Idk but the first app I updated was because of a notification on the hub, the second time was because of manual check, I guess app world checks for updates but not constantly

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:32 PM
    Sometimes it does auto notify me in the hub without getting into World. And sometimes I gotta do the manual way. Would be nice if BlackBerry fix this.
    03-31-13 07:37 PM
    This

As I understand also, BlackBerry world checks once a week.

I have gotten update notifications without asking if there are any
    I think if I recall I get them on Mondays or something odd like that

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-31-13 07:47 PM
    This

As I understand also, BlackBerry world checks once a week.

I have gotten update notifications without asking if there are any
    I think if I recall I get them on Mondays or something odd like that

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    This has been discussed in other threads. From what it sounds like, at the moment App World will only check for updates once a week.
    Seems to me like it's always on Monday for me too.
    03-31-13 07:58 PM
    I have gotten a facebook update and I have never logged in or clicked on or viewed facebook the app or in blackberry world. This blows your theory out of the water.
    03-31-13 08:00 PM
    I have gotten a facebook update and I have never logged in or clicked on or viewed facebook the app or in blackberry world. This blows your theory out of the water.
    Which theory exactly? All I am seeing are experiences. The only "Theory" here is that it updates once a week and that is compatible with your experience, right?

Everyone, just be glad that there is a manual refresh button. On WP8, there is no manual button and updates don't push to your device correctly. It is random

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 03:09 PM
    I rarely get any updates without manually checking. Today I got one without checking and then for a laugh manually checked and got 3 more.
    BlackBerry World is not a good app store at all. It needs a lot of work.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 03:24 PM
    Got my first update without checking last night.
    04-02-13 04:47 PM
    I believe that this hasn't been an issue for me, the theory of updating only Monday is false as I keep getting updates notification without opening or checking for updates in BlackBerry World, today I got a couple and yesterday a couple more, I've been keep getting updates notifications constantly, don't know if it had changed for those that had the issue

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:00 PM
    I've got the opposite problem where the spark shows up in App World saying there IS an update, yet after an update check, no updates are found. Annoying.
    04-11-13 09:08 PM
    Yeah this is a bb world glitch and at times you have to check for updates manually in bb world.

It's been like this from day one plus at time you see a red spark and nothing showing up for an update and even after checking nothing comes up, but a day or two later poof you get a notification of an update or when checking again you see updates.

I just check from day to day.
    04-11-13 09:15 PM