Hello,

For all of you who are not able able to acces to BlackBerry World and get the followings errors :

'AN ERROR HAS OCCURED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER'

And for the payment options :

" unable to complete update, please try again later.
    unable to connect to payment service "

After a working on this during 2 weeks i have found a solution that work in my case.
    This solution is not perfect but now i'm able to download applications and also buy some.

Thank's to JPS who lend me his hold blackberry 9780. The errors messages that i get on it help me a lot in the understanding of the problem.

Why those errors append (it will help to understand my solution) :

Blackberry apparently have chose to restricted the access to the BB World are only to some country in the world. Unfortunately where i'm living (French Polynesia) we are not in the lucky land. Due to this blackberry choice those 3 services was unavailable on my Z10.

BlackBerry World
    Payment options
    BlackBerry Protect

My Solution :
    Connect your hem router or your computer to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) personally i'have connected my MacBook to a VPN based in Canada.

If the VPN connexion is initiated by your computer :
    1 : Establish the VPN connexion on your computer via an ethernet cable connect to your router
    2 : Share these connexion via your computer Wi-Fi Card
    3: on your Z10 in "System parameters" / "Network Connexions" / "Mobil Network"
    disable the first line "Mobil Network"
    4 : go in "System parameters" / "Network Connexions" / "Wi-Fi"
    connect to your router Wi-Fi
    5 : Check BB World it must Work
    6 : Download a free apps it must be ok
    7 : try to buy an non free app it must work ( At this point the first time it was not working for me because the first VPN servers i've was in France and the second one was in USA after reflection BlackBerry is a Canadian company so i've chose a vpn server in Canada and now everything is ok)
    8 : start BlackBerry Security it must me ok

If the VPN connexion is establish by your router :
    1 : Establish the VPN connexion
    2: on your Z10 in "System parameters" / "Network Connexions" / "Mobil Network"
    disable the first line "Mobil Network"
    3 : go in "System parameters" / "Network Connexions" / "Wi-Fi"
    connect to your router Wi-Fi
    4 : Check BB World it must Work
    5 : Download a free apps it must be ok
    6 : try to buy an non free app it must work ( At this point the first time it was not working for me because the first VPN servers i've was in France and the second one was in USA after reflection BlackBerry is a Canadian company so i've chose a vpn server in Canada and now everything is ok)
    7 : start BlackBerry Security it must me ok

After you have initiated the BlackBerry security it will work permanently even if you are not connected thru your VPN connexion.
    The 2 other services Will stop to work if you lose the VPN connexion or when you will enable the line "Mobil Network"

Inconvenient of these solution :
    1: When you browse the blackberry world you will not be able to received phone call
    2: You will not be able to browse the blackberry world or install applications if your not connect thru a vpn in Canada

Third possibility that i'm not able able to test because i haven't find a VPN in Canada compatible with the Z10 blackberry tool. If you experience this solution with success let me know i'm interested.

Regards
    08-27-13 05:27 AM
    And we wonder why people buy an iPhone!

Posted via CB10
    yelmonster likes this.
    08-27-13 06:07 AM
    BlackBerry world servers are offline for maintenance today. They announced it on twitter.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 07:18 AM
    BlackBerry World has been down for maintenance from 12:00am until 3:00am Eastern time today.
    Heads Up: BlackBerry World planned maintenance for 12-3am ET, Aug. 27 | CrackBerry.com
    At the time of this post it looks like you may have to wait another 15 minutes or so until 3:00am local time.
    Current local time in Punaauia, French Polynesia

HTH
    08-27-13 07:47 AM
    CB warned us of these posts... hope they lock this thread

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 08:06 AM
    Hello MADBRADNYC, der_mit, Camelhmpz,

If read correctly my post for me the BlackBerry World server is in maintenance not only for today but since the beginning i get my BlackBerry since 3 weeks ago. Now for it's 8am so the maintenance is finish and if don't use my method i still have the same error message to access i don't think that i'm the only one who face to this issue i've just post it here to help.

Regards

Regards
    08-27-13 01:03 PM
    Hello jaycee58,

Yes after all the work i'need to do to get all the functionality on my Z10 working since 3 weeks i'm still thinking my i buy it in place of an iPhone. And i really don't understand when i read the 3 answers below and the agressivity from Camelhmpz who suggest to lock this post.

Regards
    08-27-13 01:14 PM