There is always going to be one thing Apple will always do better than BlackBerry and that is provide updates to all at the same time. And until BlackBerry starts to update the OS and not the carriers they will never be that great of a system because too many BlackBerry have different OSs which leaves the ecosystem to fragmented which also discourages app builders when there are so fewer users. Even Microsoft knows to update the system and not let the carrier take control of the system. I want the OS from the manufacturer not the carrier and Apple and Microsoft do.

I like the z10 but will most likely move to back to the iPhone or Windows when it goes 8.1 because of the lack of support to get the OS up to date. Microsoft will be going to the same upgrade cycle as there other products, upgrades at least quarterly if not faster.

I am on Verizon with a leaked OS but the reason I left Android was because of always trying to stay up to date with the OS. This is now how BlackBerry is.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 10:55 AM
    An translation to this in layman's terms

Carriers can't push Apple due to the scale it's grown, the bargaining power it has, how it started off pushing carriers to let it have its own in house testing, etc etc. Apple does w.e the **** it wants. Now they have a lot more established power than a company like HTC, for example, to do whatever they like with their products.

Pretty much every other manufacturer for the most part are the polar opposite and need to cooperate with carrier testing. BlackBerry needs to hop off the train and join the BIG GUYZ

P.S. Simon Sage had a great article explaining this a while ago, search that up
    07-11-13 10:59 AM
    I agree in that update thing

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:01 AM
    Carriers are not testing they are modifying to there liking so the have more control and you can see this most with Android, and not with Apple. Apple uses the same OS on all carriers and just changes the radios. This is how BlackBerry needs to be. We already know this can be done since many in here are using a leaked OSs. I am going to stick by BlackBerry for a while to see what they do but if this upgrade thing doesn't change then I will jump ship just like I did with Android.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:24 AM
    Alright...take care!
    07-11-13 11:51 AM